Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 18:38   #6751
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I have two suggestions:

One:
The TeamBHP thread on "how to sell your car" has a lot of information, but I believe it needs to be updated with Fastag information, considering how it is now mandatory to have Fastag.

I had posted questions here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4627352 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

These are what need updating in the advice post.

Two:
The search function does not like words with three letters or fewer (could be two letters or fewer). Just now I searched for "How to sell your car" to look for that thread, and I got a message saying "to" only has two letters and therefore it cannot search for the thread.

Is this a configurable setting; and if it is, could you just not set it to anything? Or, if that were not possible, then could you at least ignore the two letter word and search for the other words mentioned in the search term? Thank you.

Cheers
One suggestion I have is this:

When someone makes a suggestion, it would be good if the mods would respond to the poster about whether the suggestion will or will not be implemented and why.

Right now it feels as though we are merely shouting into a vacuum with no indication of whether we were even heard or just being ignored etc.

Case in point is my suggestion that I have quoted here. I had not only made a suggestion (that I consider valid - probably I am the only one who thinks so); but also outlined a problem that other members too face. Absolutely no indication as to whether anything was/is/will be done about it.

Thanks and cheers
Old 24th September 2019, 12:20   #6752
BHPian

Why is it that one can't read the voting results after one has voted in a poll? On the contrary, the voting results are accessible before one votes. Wouldn't it be better the other way around to prevent prejudice? Also, voting results could be prevented from view for non members or if not logged in.
Old 10th October 2019, 14:16   #6753
BHPian

Can we have a map of Indian highways, in which BHPians could geo-tag their favoured rest stops and eating joints, so that it's easier to plan for newbies who are also going to undertake the same route?
Old 31st October 2019, 18:47   #6754
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest the mods to update official reviews with Global NCAP safety rating (or Bharat NCAP when it comes) as and when results are declared. I presume this won't be a difficult task because only a handful of cars go for crash tests and that too with a gap of few months.

Safety rating can be mentioned separately in the first post after likes & dislikes section. This will help uninformed buyers make a more calculated decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
One suggestion I have is this
I second that.

Last edited by self_driven : 31st October 2019 at 18:50.
Old 23rd November 2019, 15:41   #6755
Senior - BHPian

Two suggestions :

1) Always put in the year of introduction in the title of new car reviews. It makes it easier especially for cars with multiple generations.

2) A recent thread revealed how very few car models in India get an Anti corrosion Zinc dip even though it doesn't cost much got me thinking. Reviewers can ask manufacturers and put down details of anti corrosion treatments done to a car and put it down in the thread, specifically ask about Zinc treatment and why they haven't done it when it would only add marginally to the manufacturing cost. Corrosion is a big problem with cars in India and we buyers need to know what steps have been taken by carmakers to reduce the effects of rust.
Old 25th November 2019, 12:14   #6756
BHPian

Has the default font size for the mobile site been changed? The mobile site (not app) seems to have a much larger font now, than say, a few days ago. I use Firefox and while all the other pages seem to show the earlier default android system font size, the team bhp mobile site has a much larger font size.
Old 27th November 2019, 07:59   #6757
BHPian

It appears that something was fixed. The font sizes have returned to what it used to be. Thanks.

Note: I had not changed any setting or the browser app on my phone. I have not restarted it either.
Old 12th December 2019, 16:15   #6758
BHPian

There could be a section dedicated for organizing trips where other BHPians could join. Traveling with other members could work out in terms of cost and planning.

Alternatively, Team-BHP could also host an annual vacation to some place each year. That would end up generating a small revenue for the portal, and amazing deals for the participants.
Old 15th December 2019, 01:45   #6759
BHPian

Have noticed the website being down a little past midnight the last couple of days. Before that, it used to be down randomly in the evenings too. Hope the root cause can be identified and attended to, soon. Thanks!
Old 16th December 2019, 11:23   #6760
NPX
BHPian

We need a "Add to favourites" button to add useful posts to our collection.
We like various posts but all cannot be favourite posts.
Old 16th December 2019, 17:51   #6761
Senior - BHPian

Have some suggestion.

There are many threads where people have started it, got hundreds of likes, discussed and finally the thread is not updated by the thread starter.
The moderators must urge them to update the thread as it actually does not make any sense.

Eg.1: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...not-india.html (Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!)

Eg. 2: Mahindra XUV500 airbag failure.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 16th December 2019 at 17:53.
Old 16th December 2019, 19:08   #6762
BHPian

Got the T-Bhp stickers after being a member here and have them on my car.
Also, I love riding motorcycles but the Live to "Drive" , dose not really suit a motorcycle.
On the motorcycle I have the "www.team-bhp.com" sticker.
So Dear Mods and Admins, how about a "Live to Ride" sticker for the motorcycle enthusiasts among us.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 15:00   #6763
BHPian

Can we please have the ability to 'mark' threads? Or tag them as favorites.

I know I can subscribe to threads, but I dont to have a collection of - lets say 'Favorite threads'. Right now what I have done is created a TBHP folder in my favorites and added those threads in there - works for now.

Last edited by GJ01 : 26th December 2019 at 15:05.
Old 26th December 2019, 15:02   #6764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
When we quote other posts, we can see them as called out in your message / post.

Is there a way we can hyperlink that message? So if I see a message quoted by someone and want to read through that original quoted message, I could click on that message and go to that post.
The small red and white triangle does exactly that. Try it above
Old 26th December 2019, 15:20   #6765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Can we have a map of Indian highways, in which BHPians could geo-tag their favoured rest stops and eating joints, so that it's easier to plan for newbies who are also going to undertake the same route?
Nifty feature. Me seconds this!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks