Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:24   #4486
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

would it be possible for the software to have a cap on the number of words when quoting posts?

This way quoting entire posts could be avoided and the job of the mod would become easier.
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:09   #4487
Distinguished - BHPian

Could the Moderator Message about quoting entire posts be changed just a little? It highlights inconvenience to mobile users, but it is actually inconvenient to everybody --- and more so when pictures are included in the quote.
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:14   #4488
Senior - BHPian

The biggest inconvenience is for mobile and small screen users, hence precedence given to them. PC users can still live with it since they have bigger screen
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:40   #4489
Distinguished - BHPian

Then "especially for" might be preferred?

It's just a suggestion to encourage better forum usage and tidier threads.
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:31   #4490
BHPian

Please post how to delete a profile too.. I am desperately trying to delete my Membership in vain. I have searched quiet a bit . on that search button
sriku23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:57   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku23 View Post
Please post how to delete a profile too.. I am desperately trying to delete my Membership in vain. I have searched quiet a bit . on that search button
That can't be done through User CP. It has to be done by an admin, not even a moderator. Go bug some admins to get your account deleted .
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:10   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
That can't be done through User CP. It has to be done by an admin, not even a moderator. Go bug some admins to get your account deleted .
Exactly the reason buddy .no longer the team BHP I knew or joined way back in 2006
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:17   #4493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku23 View Post
Exactly the reason buddy .no longer the team BHP I knew or joined way back in 2006
Are you the same person you were at 5... NO?

Like people, forums too grow up, you can't be as carefree as you were as a kid.

Deleting a member means crippling all the conversation he was part of. Therefore, we don't delete even permanently banned members.
Old 4th May 2012, 22:52   #4494
BHPian

Whats with the pop up advertising? Quite a pain in the rear anatomical region.
Old 4th May 2012, 23:13   #4495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Are you the same person you were at 5... NO?

Like people, forums too grow up, you can't be as carefree as you were as a kid.

Deleting a member means crippling all the conversation he was part of. Therefore, we don't delete even permanently banned members.
Doesn't really matter. sriku23 has only 19 posts. what kind of conversations is his non-membership going to cripple?

In case anyone doesn't like this post, do delete my membership too.
Old 6th May 2012, 01:46   #4496
BHPian

Bringing up an oft-discussed topic - the missing Thanks button on Shifting Gears!

Do I hear "Oh no! Not again!" esp. from the Mods?!

Still want to give my view on this. My advance apologies! Not that my view hasn't been expressed earlier by others, but I can no longer thank some similar-minded post to show my inclination either!

Mods, isn't it elementary that since the posts on this section do not count towards total posts, let the Thanks in this section not be counted towards total Thanks? Conversely, just the way you do not disallow members to post in this zero-post-count section , similarly please do not disallow the members to thank, but make it zero-thank-count section!

After all, if I am not wrong, the basic purpose of the thanks button is to convey appreciation - a very valuable gesture. The accounting value of the button is only secondary!
Old 6th May 2012, 08:29   #4497
J.Ravi

My Bhutan Travelogue Is Still In The Assembly Line

My Bhutan travelogue [with three initial posts] is still in the Assembly Line. My three requests for making it public were turned down. GTO asked me to complete my travelogue before making it public. I returned home on 2 May 2012 afternoon and I started writing my travelogue by the same evening as I did not want to miss any details since as the time progresses, the chance of forgetting the intricate details increases. My trip comprised seven states of India, Bhutan, 22 days and more than 500 photographs, which require more than a couple of weeks to compose the posts, post-process and edit the photographs. So, should my travelogue wait in the Assembly Line till then and become stale and cold while presenting to the public? I believe, the travelogue posts must reach the public afresh just like any other posts so that I could change the format and detailing of the future posts depending upon the feedback received. Keeping the travelogue in the Assembly Line for a particular duration should be left to the author of the thread and the members should not be deprived of fresh travelogue, IMO.

Old 7th May 2012, 07:33   #4498
BHPian

Guys,

Can there be a 'Google Custom Search' button. It will make getting archived info SO MUCH easier! Seriously!
Old 7th May 2012, 09:01   #4499
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My Bhutan travelogue [with three initial posts] is still in the Assembly Line.
Sorry, but we don't allow "running travelogues" with very limited opening content. Reason : It only leads to spammy posts such as:

Waiting for more pics
Grabbing popcorn and on standby
Share more details
Good start
Etc.

Any travelogue on Team-BHP needs to have substantial content before it is taken live. While we understand that it might not be possible to complete your entire travelogue while you are on the road, there must be sufficient content before it's taken live....content sufficient enough to warrant a new thread. Do understand that this is for the benefit of the community. More people look for relevant information on the 1st page of a thread, rather than the 4th (as an example).

Please feel free to PM should you require any more clarifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Guys,

Can there be a 'Google Custom Search' button. It will make getting archived info SO MUCH easier! Seriously!
We're already powered by Google Search and have added refinement labels too. Click here for more info.
Old 7th May 2012, 09:12   #4500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Doesn't really matter. sriku23 has only 19 posts. what kind of conversations is his non-membership going to cripple?
Kevin, it is not about how many posts a member has & the effect such an action has on content. What matters is that the same rules will be applied to every one.

Hence his posts & membership will not be deleted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks