Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

From the XUV500 review : >>

cya
R
thank you Rehaan

Could you please add a one liner for Fortuner's ICE too ?
Old 29th December 2011, 20:04   #4262
Team-BHP Support

The updated ICE?

GTO said it sounded the same as what we've mentioned in the original fortuner review

cya
R
Old 31st December 2011, 12:23   #4263
GSM
BHPian

Mods!

Is it possible to have some database integrated into the site to update all the service related data, including what spare was changed at what km, what was the service / labour / part cost etc? The data may be stored in some excel / access format for easy analysis.

With so many members, having such a wide variety of cars, going through independent threads is sometimes very time consuming, with most posts involving just opinions rather than hard facts. The single biggest decision making factor, often, the money involved in a car. If we can somehow create a database on that, it would be one fantastic set of information for all the prospective buyers.

If this was already suggested and was rejected by the Mods due to impracticality, I'd request only to reconsider, and somehow make it possible. (I couldn't find any request in this regard)

Cheers

Last edited by GSM : 31st December 2011 at 12:24. Reason: Rephrasing
GSM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 20:36   #4264
Senior - BHPian

I see my number of thanks increasing on the left hand side of all my posts when someone thanks my posts.

My question - How do i know who and which post was the most recent one thanked? This is possible if the post has never been thanked but if it has already been thanked it does not show up on the most recently thanked list.

Not sure why would someone need it (or for that matter what purpose it will serve) other then mere infomational.
Old 1st January 2012, 22:39   #4265
BHPian

I believe most of us are enthusiast travelers as I am and try new places and food.
Recently I saw one thread for Food guide for Hyderabad. I think we can have a section or (famous) city wise thread for food outlets with reviews from fellow members.
Other food sites are merely to know menu, advertisement and promotions. We can suggest our fellow bhpians to try and take family, based on our experience and this also help in knowing who goes where and can decide on outlets for meetings. I believe this will increase social aspect too.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:57   #4266
Senior - BHPian

Mods, aren't we having a temporary Autoexpo subforum like last year? Might be good to group all related threads in one place.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:26   #4267
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Commitment to maintain Team-BHPs QUALITY!

A suggestion for T-bhp which I've been wanting to post for a long time and didn't know the right thread to post.

Just like the "Thanks" button, it will be nice to have an "I Agree" button too, in case I agree with somebody's comment. That will save me time from duplicating a post just to let someone know "my point exactly" and also reduce posts that are in agreement for t-bhp.

For instance, a user has posted that a certain brand of tyres for a car is extremely good. I happen to use those same tyres on my car and I want to agree with his statement. Rather than me creating a separate post it would save me time in clicking the "I Agree" button. The more people agreeing also increases the weightage of that person's comment. I'm sure it'll enhance the forum's experience!
Old 9th January 2012, 15:22   #4268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
A suggestion for T-bhp which I've been wanting to post for a long time and didn't know the right thread to post.

Just like the "Thanks" button, it will be nice to have an "I Agree" button too, in case I agree with somebody's comment. That will save me time from duplicating a post just to let someone know "my point exactly" and also reduce posts that are in agreement for t-bhp.

For instance, a user has posted that a certain brand of tyres for a car is extremely good. I happen to use those same tyres on my car and I want to agree with his statement. Rather than me creating a separate post it would save me time in clicking the "I Agree" button. The more people agreeing also increases the weightage of that person's comment. I'm sure it'll enhance the forum's experience!
Thanks=like/I ).

BTW, you should have posted it in the suggestions thread, not here
Old 9th January 2012, 17:39   #4269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Thanks=like/I ).

BTW, you should have posted it in the suggestions thread, not here
Oops, sorry about the wrong thread. Ok, the "thanks" button was more like, yeah thanks for that information. Perhaps, the button can be captioned this way: "Thanks/ I Agree". That will make it's dual purpose clear. Just a thought.
Old 9th January 2012, 18:29   #4270
Senior - BHPian

I accidentally posted in a thread that was over two years old. That got me thinking. Can we have a feature where threads in which no posts were made for x number of months are automatically 'closed' or 'locked' by the system?

In case a member wanted to post an update for a genuine reason, he/she could always report it to the mods who can then unlock the particular thread.
Old 9th January 2012, 20:35   #4271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I accidentally posted in a thread that was over two years old. That got me thinking. Can we have a feature where threads in which no posts were made for x number of months are automatically 'closed' or 'locked' by the system?

In case a member wanted to post an update for a genuine reason, he/she could always report it to the mods who can then unlock the particular thread.

By doing so, he must wait until the MOD unlocks the thread. What if the BHPian needs help asap? The purpose would be defeated. IMO, it is best left untouched.
Old 10th January 2012, 11:30   #4272
Senior - BHPian

Since this is not a huge suggestion, I have not searched this thread if anyone has thought in my lines.

Since
- we have a rich collection of excellent photography of automobiles in our auto-image thread,
- and that some of the photographs in the members gallery need not necessarily be of an automobile,
- and that the auto-image thread is strictly reviewed than the members gallery for quality auto images,
- and that the forum home page (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community) is a main focal page for the whole site,
- and that putting images from the auto-image thread does not make ours a photography forum more than an auto forum,

may I suggest using images from the auto-image thread, for the portion shown below on our forum home page, than images from the members gallery, which is at present. Does it not increase the richness of the site as a whole if we use (select) images that classify to be shown in the forum home-page? Are we under-utilizing the auto-image thread?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.jpg
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 13:32   #4273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By doing so, he must wait until the MOD unlocks the thread. What if the BHPian needs help asap? The purpose would be defeated. IMO, it is best left untouched.
If nobody posted in that thread for the last six months, an update would hardly be urgent.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:39   #4274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Take this post of mine as an example,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2637839

The last post was made in Oct, now if this thread was locked, I would have to wait until it is opened and then post. Of course, the post I made in above thread is not urgent, but what if it's urgent, say like a 'need blood' thread? You surely can't wait!
Old 14th January 2012, 21:08   #4275
Senior - BHPian

One problem i face while using the android app is when members give embeded responses within the earlier post usually quoting "my response in bold". The bold portion although visible on laptop does not render as bold on the app hence no way to makeout who wrote what.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks