Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 20:08   #1396
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I got this for my birthday last year. Absolutely fell in love with it's mechanical/industrial looks the first time I saw it.
HTSEs look different - I love the designs. Just got myself one too some days ago (here).
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Wow Vikram, this one rocks! Any idea about its price?
Titan HTSE - 1539TP01

I think the 20% discount Titan had been offering, has been discontinued since the last weekend.
Old 8th August 2012, 06:13   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Wow Vikram, this one rocks! Any idea about its price?
I bought it for 11k within a week of it's launch.
Old 13th August 2012, 19:06   #1398
Oxy
BHPian

Wow! Am really jealous of people sporting Rolexes, Omegas and Tag Heuers here (just kidding).

My fastrack's battery drained up and a local watch repair guy quoted more than 500 INR for the battery, guess it would be even more expensive at the authorised showrooms.

So started googling to see if I can purchase a battery online for less, and accidentally came across the Casio "Terrorist" Watch retailing at 360 INR.

Yes, it was an impulsive buy. Arrived today morning. Weighs 20 grams, feels like a wristband. Nice features for the price (12/24 hr time formats, day, date, alarm, stopwatch, backlight, water resistant).

Details here:

Casio F91W - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 13th August 2012, 19:33   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Wow! Am really jealous of people sporting Rolexes, Omegas and Tag Heuers here (just kidding).

My fastrack's battery drained up and a local watch repair guy quoted more than 500 INR for the battery, guess it would be even more expensive at the authorised showrooms.

So started googling to see if I can purchase a battery online for less, and accidentally came across the Casio "Terrorist" Watch retailing at 360 INR.

Yes, it was an impulsive buy. Arrived today morning. Weighs 20 grams, feels like a wristband. Nice features for the price (12/24 hr time formats, day, date, alarm, stopwatch, backlight, water resistant).

Details here:

Casio F91W - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My brother had this watch in early 90s and I would get to wear it sometimes. I remember fakes of these watches also being sold outside railway stations. IIRC, the original ones came with a long battery life.
Old 13th August 2012, 20:52   #1400
BHPian

Quote:

Got my Titan Edge's battery replaced yesterday from Titan showroom. I was charged INR 200. The local watch shop guy was trying to con me saying it wasn't a battery issue and I need to leave my watch with him. Took it back and walked into the Titan showroom. Titan watches are not expensive to maintain.
So you can have two working watches if you can spend 200 more.

Last edited by huntrz : 13th August 2012 at 20:56.
Old 13th August 2012, 21:24   #1401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH

That's a great watch mate. Mind posting some wrist shots pls? Personally I prefer the portuguese in the IWC family.
Wow!. That portuguese navigator watch is really aspirational indeed! Great taste JVH.
Old 13th August 2012, 22:26   #1402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Got my Titan Edge's battery replaced yesterday from Titan showroom. I was charged INR 200.
I have replaced the battery on my Seiko of just 20 bucks everytime, lasts over two years. This is from a watch repair shop in Manipal.
Old 14th August 2012, 09:38   #1403
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Wow!. That portuguese navigator watch is really aspirational indeed! Great taste JVH.
Thanks Shankar!

Yes, the IWC portuguese, a Jaeger-LeCoultre master ultra thin moon, a Glashutte panomaticlunar or a Zenith Elprimero remains my realistic grail watch. I hope I'll manage to buy one soon enough.

On another note, a good friend carried home a much needed accessorry a few months ago. I managed to click some pics only yesterday. This cost me 60$ on Amazon. A must have IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img00646201208132122.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img00643201208132121.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img00644201208132121.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img00647201208132122.jpg  

Last edited by JVH : 14th August 2012 at 09:45. Reason: Added Glashutte
Old 14th August 2012, 15:22   #1404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I think the 20% discount Titan had been offering, has been discontinued since the last weekend.
Nope. Infact, We bought 3 watches in last 2 weeks.

First one from Titan on July 27th for my sister and got 20% off

Second one again from Titan on Aug1st for my Mom's Bday and got this with 30% off

Third was the Casio that I got as a gift

And, when we went shopping last sunday (yet again) to Shopper Stop noticed that Titan has a FLAT 50% offer until Independence Day

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th August 2012 at 15:23.
Old 14th August 2012, 19:14   #1405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
...a much needed accessorry...
That's precisely what I'd been looking for without success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...Titan has a FLAT 50% offer until Independence Day
Aww... I am so tempted!
Old 14th August 2012, 19:56   #1406
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
That's precisely what I'd been looking for without success.
You'll only get good deals on Amazon or ebay but the shipping costs will be more than the item itself. For this box, Amazon was quoting 80$.

Carrying it yourself or through a friend/relative is the only way I see it unless you are willing to bear the shipping costs and import taxes.
Old 14th August 2012, 22:22   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH

Thanks Shankar!

Yes, the IWC portuguese, a Jaeger-LeCoultre master ultra thin moon, a Glashutte panomaticlunar or a Zenith Elprimero remains my realistic grail watch. I hope I'll manage to buy one soon enough.

On another note, a good friend carried home a much needed accessorry a few months ago. I managed to click some pics only yesterday. This cost me 60$ on Amazon. A must have IMO.
Yup! I have a couple of leather watch rolls in which to house my collection. Bought from royal images direct for about 1200 Rs or so each.
What I have my thoughts on now is an automatic watch winder!
Cheers!
Old 14th August 2012, 23:28   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
And, when we went shopping last sunday (yet again) to Shopper Stop noticed that Titan has a FLAT 50% offer until Independence Day
That 50% off is for select models only... & usually for those slow moving ones.. When I checked near my place, there was nothing really interesting in the remaining lot.. So, you havent missed out much
Old 15th August 2012, 00:38   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Here is an interesting thought for the geeky BHPians who would want a truly pathbreaking watch:
MetaWatch STRATA: the Smartwatch for the iPhone 4S & Android by MetaWatch — Kickstarter

I mean, after all these years, all most watches do is tell you the time - what a shame, no?

/who is happy with his modest 5k INR casio edifice that has taken almost 3 dozen falls in the last 3 years and looks pretty much scratchless!!
Old 16th August 2012, 11:12   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Need to fix this omega . Worth ?
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks