Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2012, 22:18   #1366
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

On my wrist - Omega Seamaster - Professional Chronometer 300M

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean DeVille - should be with me by Diwali

An assortment of Seiko Premier Kinetic and Citizen Eco Drive watches.

I stay far away from watches with replaceable batteries. I was stuck for 2 days when travelling in EU w/o a working watch. After that experience no 'normal' quartz watches again. It is either automatic, Kinetic or Eco Drive.

PS - Rolex Submariner on my wish list
Old 17th July 2012, 10:46   #1367
BHPian

Bought a Casio Edifice 550 Red Bull Racing Edition and a 558 for my brother in law.
Loving these.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-ef-550.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-ef-558.jpg  

Old 17th July 2012, 11:45   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
On my wrist - Omega Seamaster - Professional Chronometer 300M
Care to share some nice wrist shots using your D4
Old 17th July 2012, 12:40   #1369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Care to share some nice wrist shots using your D4
Here's a photo of my Seamaster Professional Chronometer 300m..(not taken with my camera as I don't have a macro lens). The Omega Seamaster and the Rolex Submariner range are my favourite watches.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-omega-seamaster-professional.jpg  

Old 17th July 2012, 16:57   #1370
Senior - BHPian

For those who want a Seiko Automatic

Which watch do you own?-seiko5.jpg

This was last week at Shoppers Stop. There was a scheme of a free alarm clock which is over, but an enterprising dealer will always oblige.
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:12   #1371
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Thought I would let you know my experience with Raymond Weil Tango. Here's how it looks like (pic from web)
Which watch do you own?-raymond-weil.jpg

I had purchased this watch 2 years ago and just 3 days before the 2 year warranty expired, it stopped functioning. I went to Zimsons' Garuda mall to have it checked. They replaced the battery and I was told all was right. 10 mins later it stopped functioning again. The guys checked again and recommended to get a free service done since it was still under warranty. I get to know today that some shaft has been damaged and it will have to be procured from Switzerland. I could not believe it. The guys were perplexed too. Since this was more like a dress watch, I had limited its use to only occasions and this is how I end up with. I will get updates from Zimson whenever the part arrives and hope things go back to normal. Will update you guys.

P.S - This isn't a maligning post against a manufacturer, but just to give a heads up to all the watch lovers here. Its a great watch and the bracelet is the best I've seen and felt even in prices 2~3 times of this one. Oh and don't lose your warranty card :-)

Last edited by JVH : 23rd July 2012 at 15:14.
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:00   #1372
BHPian

Has anyone seen a watch where the times are depicted at random intervals? I dont know how to phrase it correctly but the numbers on the dial are arranged at random and not in ascending or descending order.

Like if we go clockwise the numbers would be 1,5,8 and so on. It was from a designer by the name Fxxxx Xxxx something. I had seen the watch on the wrist of a passenger next to me quite a few years back. Im interested in acquiring that watch and now i cant seem to get it at any of the timeshops in the metros.

Has someone seen such a watch? It really was an incredible timepiece.
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:14   #1373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Has anyone seen a watch where the times are depicted at random intervals? I dont know how to phrase it correctly but the numbers on the dial are arranged at random and not in ascending or descending order.

Like if we go clockwise the numbers would be 1,5,8 and so on. It was from a designer by the name Fxxxx Xxxx something. I had seen the watch on the wrist of a passenger next to me quite a few years back. Im interested in acquiring that watch and now i cant seem to get it at any of the timeshops in the metros.

Has someone seen such a watch? It really was an incredible timepiece.
F X, sure?
wasnt Franck Muller?
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:31   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk
F X, sure?
wasnt Franck Muller?
I guess it was but do they manufacture that watch now? Loved the randomness of it. Btw X was to denote a letter i couldnt recall.

Thanks

Edit: I checked their site now. The watch indeed looked like the one on the main landing page. The numbers were colored but im not able to trace the watch with the random numbers. Searching still. Thanks again.

Edit 2: Found it yippee!!!

http://www.franckmuller.com/en/colle...-col-drm-nr-2/

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 23rd July 2012 at 17:53.
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:31   #1375
BHPian

I have

1) Guess
2) Swatch
3) Kenneth Cole
4) Espirit 1
5) Espirit 2
6) Fossil 1
7) Fossil 2
8) Titan

1 and 2 signifies number of watches I have.
Old 24th July 2012, 21:11   #1376
Distinguished - BHPian

New addition to my collection. New model launched, not listed on Titan's website yet.

Which watch do you own?-dsc01915k200.jpg
Old 25th July 2012, 12:50   #1377
BHPian

Gifted by my Wife on my Birthday.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-kc.jpg  

Old 29th July 2012, 00:11   #1378
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I had purchased this watch 2 years ago and just 3 days before the 2 year warranty expired, it stopped functioning. I went to Zimsons' Garuda mall to have it checked. They replaced the battery and I was told all was right. 10 mins later it stopped functioning again. The guys checked again and recommended to get a free service done since it was still under warranty. I get to know today that some shaft has been damaged and it will have to be procured from Switzerland. I could not believe it. The guys were perplexed too. Since this was more like a dress watch, I had limited its use to only occasions and this is how I end up with. I will get updates from Zimson whenever the part arrives and hope things go back to normal. Will update you guys.
I collected the watch today. Its now working absolutely fine. The funny part is Zimsons were not ready to disclose what exactly was the problem and what part they actually procured. I wasn't charged anything since it was under warranty. Observed it over 8 hours and did not see any unwanted surprises.

Now that RW problem is solved, I'll have to take care of a Vostok-Europe Arktika. Its a 32 jewels automatic and its minute dial has come off lose and dangling slightly. Movement seems to be fine. I'd like to try a different service center than Zimsons. Any recommendations?

Last edited by JVH : 29th July 2012 at 00:14.
Old 29th July 2012, 15:13   #1379
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Now that RW problem is solved, I'll have to take care of a Vostok-Europe Arktika. Its a 32 jewels automatic and its minute dial has come off lose and dangling slightly. Movement seems to be fine. I'd like to try a different service center than Zimsons. Any recommendations?
The watch is fixed

I got it done through my local watch maker. He fixed it in 10 mins flat and charged nothing since am a regular customer.
Old 29th July 2012, 23:58   #1380
BHPian

Well, Here are photos of my watches. Not as great or expensive as many peoples' watches collection here, but I like big watches & have bought most impromptu.

Cheers.

Please excuse for the extremely poor quality of photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-p2241280.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-p2241285.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks