Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2023, 17:09   #5101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Sir, if I am not wrong, both of your Omega and the Rado run well into lakhs. If you don't mind, can we have a glance of the beauties?
Will try and oblige. I am not too sure about the Rado but the other two do. The Speedmaster was sold as the moonwatch - the real thing was manual winding. Obviously if the Service is 95k then the price must be astronomical. The Constellation cost me about 2.3L about 5 years ago. Will try and put them together for a picture.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 19:11   #5102
BHPian

Got these two recently.

Swatch x Blancpain Atlantic Ocean
Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20231220-19.04.09.jpeg

Swatch x Omega Moonshine Gold (November)
Which watch do you own?-img_0011.jpg
Was quite the effort to get this as they sell this only on days of a full moon. Had to reach the Swatch Sydney dealership at 8am and wait till noon on 27th November.
BraveArc is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 17:44   #5103
BHPian

Hi BHPians.

I recently found this vintage Tissot Seastar Visodate (manual winding) that was owned by my great-grandfather. The watch has not been used at all for the last 15 years, and hence I believe that a lot of components will need to be replaced, if not serviced thoroughly. The watch is also missing its crown, and the dial could do with some TLC. What are some good places to get this watch fixed in Bombay? I would really like to get this watch up and running again. Thanks in advance

Which watch do you own?-img_9715.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-img_9716.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-img_9717.jpeg
Arsenic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 00:08   #5104

Got two Timex beauties recently. Timex India had some offers going on, and I always wanted to buy their watches with Indiglo. Bought a Timex Expedition 40mm from Timex India site for approx 4K, and a Timex Weekender 40mm from Timex US site for $33. Getting my hands on weekender will be delayed, since it was ordered to a friends place at US. Got the expedition last week, and it is a beauty!!!.

Let the photos do the talking now. Which watch do you own?-img_6176.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-img_6177.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-img_6178.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-img_6180.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-img_6179.jpeg
Suifuto is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 11:59   #5105
Senior - BHPian

Compared to the thread, I am at the bottom of the food pyramid. But here it goes:

1x Timex automatic
4x Casio Edifice quartz
1x Some cheap Montblanc clone I picked up from the streets of Salem. Looks nice

Which watch do you own?-img_1520.jpeg

Added another Edifice quartz a few months ago. Love these things

Which watch do you own?-img_1524.jpeg

Call me a thrifter but I am trying to up my game. Ordered these two off Ebay

Seiko Diver Auotmatic 4205-015B

Which watch do you own?-img_1507.jpeg

Invicta Pro Diver 89280B

Which watch do you own?-img_1508.jpeg

Hope they turn out as shown and described
vredesbyrd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 22:41   #5106
BHPian

Acquired this Faver Leuba Sea Chief recently
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20231226-15.48.05_c4b47029.jpg  

justin.das is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 11:34   #5107
Team-BHP Support

I have a Citizen Chronograph Watch-CA0695-84E. (Amazon Link for reference) It does not work after it gets dark, showed it to a couple of local repair shops, it does not have a battery (as per them), instead has a capacitator. I tried to place it in the sun for few days, someone suggested to do it with it's winder open, did that too, but no go. Works fine during day time.

Am I missing something? I am not really into watches, so need help here .
Old 14th January 2024, 12:17   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Citizen Chronograph Watch-
It's a rechargeable battery. Called "capacitor battery" in Citizen parlance. Try putting it in indirect bright sunlight in daytime and bright light at night time continuously for a few days. If not, you need a battery replacement.

How old is it? Citizen battery should last for quite long time before going for a replacement. Do check in with Auth workshop, or ethos, or just in time watch stores near you.

Edited to add, it's a beautiful watch. Added to this year's bucket list
Old 14th January 2024, 15:34   #5109
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Citizen Chronograph Watch-CA0695-84E
it’s a Citizen Ecodrive watch, which has quartz movement that is powered by capacitor battery. Usually these batteries last close to 40 years. Try to keep the watch at direct sunlight for 3-7 days. That should fully charge the battery. Else the capacitor needs replacement. Visits Citizen authorised centre for replacing.
One you have the watch charged under sunlight do you notice the seconds needle jumping, if yes that’s the indication of low battery.
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 16:52   #5110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Citizen Chronograph Watch-CA0695-84E.
Eco Drive watches survive for ages. I have had an Eco Drive for nearly 10 years with no issues and this is including when the watch has been in storage for days.

Having said that, the wife's Eco Drive did have similar issues within a year of purchase and we took it to an authorised citizen shop and they did some work (kept it for a few weeks as they had to order some parts). The watch was repaired free of cost as it still was in warranty. No issues since then (been about 2+ years).

Get it checked at the nearest authorised center, especially if it's in warranty.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th January 2024 at 17:23. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 15th January 2024, 19:47   #5111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
It's a rechargeable battery. Called "capacitor battery" in Citizen parlance. Try putting it in indirect bright sunlight in daytime and bright light at night time continuously for a few days. If not, you need a battery replacement.

How old is it? Citizen battery should last for quite long time before going for a replacement. Do check in with Auth workshop, or ethos, or just in time watch stores near you.

Edited to add, it's a beautiful watch. Added to this year's bucket list
Watch is 4 years old. Was worn occasionally. Since, it started to pause / interrupt in its functionality and after learning it has to be kept in sunlight, I am keeping it like this, near my window, during day time (now in winters), window stays open and it gets sunlight for entire day. If I wear it, it works, but stops functioning post dusk. This behaviour is something which I can not comprehend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
it’s a Citizen Ecodrive watch, which has quartz movement that is powered by capacitor battery. Usually these batteries last close to 40 years. Try to keep the watch at direct sunlight for 3-7 days. That should fully charge the battery. Else the capacitor needs replacement. Visits Citizen authorised centre for replacing.
One you have the watch charged under sunlight do you notice the seconds needle jumping, if yes that’s the indication of low battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Eco Drive watches survive for ages. I have had an Eco Drive for nearly 10 years with no issues and this is including when the watch has been in storage for days.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-20240114_204454.jpg  

Old 15th January 2024, 23:01   #5112
BHPian

Quote:
Watch is 4 years old. Was worn occasionally. Since, it started to pause / interrupt in its functionality and after learning it has to be kept in sunlight, I am keeping it like this, near my window, during day time (now in winters), window stays open and it gets sunlight for entire day. If I wear it, it works, but stops functioning post dusk. This behaviour is something which I can not comprehend.
This what Citizen states about charging Eco-Drive
LINK
Quote:
General charging requirements for basic analog Eco-Drive timepieces: Outdoors on a sunny day (100,000 illuminance/lux): 2 minutes for 1 day use; 11 hours to full charge. Outdoors on a cloudy day (10,000 illuminance/lux): 12 minutes for 1 day use; 40 hours to full charge.
If it stopped working post there’s no light. I suspect the capacitor has lost its charge and needs replacement. Generally Citizen watches have 3 years warranty. Your watch is out of warranty hence will be charged for replacing the capacitor.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 15th January 2024 at 23:07.
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 19:22   #5113
BHPian

I have fallen in love with this Timex Panda and am trying to get hold of one, but it is out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one?

https://shop.timexindia.com/products...ch-tw2w10400uj
Old 19th January 2024, 16:16   #5114
BHPian

tchsvy;
Take a look at the tissot quartz supersport chrono which I think is a panda and Seiko Speedtimers (also known as the Seitona), these are excellent and well finished.
Old 19th January 2024, 17:16   #5115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Citizen Chronograph Watch-CA0695-84E. (Amazon Link for reference) It does not work after it gets dark, showed it to a couple of local repair shops, it does not have a battery (as per them), instead has a capacitator. I tried to place it in the sun for few days, someone suggested to do it with it's winder open, did that too, but no go. Works fine during day time.
Looks like the capacitor battery is not holding the charge properly it may have gone bad, try to get it serviced at a authorized citizen service center. Local folks may do more damage to it.

Generally Eco drive should last a very long time, mine is working non stop for 10 years now
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-1984.jpg.jpeg  

tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks