Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2023, 11:49   #5071
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

After 3 years with the Apple Watch and not wearing anything else I am back to traditional watches. I keep switching between the Apple Watch and my Tissot. That got me thinking about the two dream watches that I always wanted: Rolex OP 36 and Omega SM Moonwatch. Anyone has been able to score a Rolex 36 OP lately?

I waitlisted myself at Kapoors but I don’t think the SA took me seriously. He saved my name on his phone and said the waiting time is around 6 months to 2 years.

Edit: the prices for Omega SM seems to have gone up quite a bit since I checked 1.5 years back. If I remember correctly it was in the range of 5L. Now it’s 6.7L.

Last edited by Pancham : 10th September 2023 at 11:54.
Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 12:24   #5072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Anyone has been able to score a Rolex 36 OP lately?

Edit: the prices for Omega SM seems to have gone up quite a bit since I checked 1.5 years back. If I remember correctly it was in the range of 5L. Now it’s 6.7L.
Dual Tone Datejusts in 36mm are easily available in the UAE without waiting. Simply walk-in and buy.

Regarding Omega, my AD told me they’ve been increasing prices thrice a year. But in my opinion, they’re still available at a bargain with the kind of movement they incorporate along with certifications and accuracy.

Cheers
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 15:41   #5073
Senior - BHPian

Which watch do you own?-tudor.png

Planning on getting a GMT, have shortlisted Tudor for now. Could you guys suggest other GMTs in this range.
Old 13th September 2023, 18:15   #5074
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Planning on getting a GMT, have shortlisted Tudor for now. Could you guys suggest other GMTs in this range.
You should really look up GS here: https://grandseikoboutique.in/collec...w-arrivals/gmt

The finishing is exquisite and you'll love them in person for their dial finishes.

This one is something I have been eyeing too: https://grandseikoboutique.in/collec...ducts/sbgm245g

Last edited by ampere : 28th February 2024 at 09:10. Reason: removed dead sections from quoted post
AVR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 18:22   #5075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
The finishing is exquisite and you'll love them in person for their dial finishes.
Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely check them out. Planning to go and checkout Tudor this weekend.
Old 14th September 2023, 11:16   #5076
Senior - BHPian

My Humble collection mostly vintage and some quartz pieces.

Which watch do you own?-6.jpg

Apple watch 3 which I bought in 2018, this was my greatest regret because this made me appreciate other watches I have, never wore this in the last 1 year, passed it on to my wife who hates it now

Second one is a humble Timex i bought in 2016 because I wanted something with a NATO strap.

Third from left is a tommy my wife gifted in 2009

Fourth from left is a Titan chrono i bought with the first client payment in 2010 when I started consulting.

Fifth is my first Seiko

Sixth is my first HMT Automatic (Rajat)

Last one is a Seiko SNXS my sister gifted me, She sized it to her wrist and we lost the links, The chain its rocking now is the ugliest Seiko made. Looking for an original SNXS chain, I miss Aliexpress.

Which watch do you own?-2.jpg

This one is my favourite and currently on my wrist, Its a vintage Orient Perpetual Multi year calendar. Very rare to find one in original condition without cosmetic damage, though not in my favourite colour but i just love this one.

Which watch do you own?-4.jpg

This is my second favourite of the lot, Vintage citizen V2 manual winding with a beautiful green dial.

Which watch do you own?-7.jpg

This is another Favourite its a 70's Seiko with a beautiful blue dial, It used to be my daily driver, got a lot of compliments on the Watch and Strap pairing

Which watch do you own?-18.jpg

This is one watch that i just love, its a tribute watch to the Rolex date just, wears perfectly, just love the styling, its on an original jubilee bracelet, many have grabbed my wrist to see which watch this is

Below are few watches I stopped wearing for a long time, as part of de cluttering my collection I am also considering to let them go

Which watch do you own?-1.jpg

Vintage Seiko 5 with a nice sunburst purple dial, Keeps perfect time. I hate the bracelet on this watch, I am trying to fit a Jubilee Bracelet on this and polish it to a mirror finish, i was also thinking of sandblasting the case and get some nice distressed straps to go with it.

Which watch do you own?-3.jpg

Henri Sandoz manual winding, beautiful sunburst dial. recently polished, original dial, sits a bit small for my wrist, the bracelet is not my favourite, maybe a leather strap will put this back on my wrist

Which watch do you own?-5.jpg

This was my biggest regret after the apple watch, I don't know why I don't like it, its a true blood Seiko, has a transparent back, full length chain, but i still don't like it, I have decided to sell this one for sure.

I have a few more which I will post in the coming days.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 14th September 2023 at 11:19.
pramodkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 15:05   #5077
Senior - BHPian

Vintage Sieko sports Pepsi with an original period correct jubilee bracelet.

Which watch do you own?-img_1161.jpeg

The bracelet is little jingly jangly for my liking but overall one of my favorites.

My holy grail watch is an omega sea master. Then I think about the price and

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 17:51   #5078
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Have a relative coming down from the US in November. So thought of getting a watch through her down here. Is there any other reliable website through which watches can be purchased apart from longislandwatch.com? Have had a good experience dealing with Long Island 5yrs back when I bought a Seiko Presage. I'm looking at buying another Presage with the Blue dial since the last time it wasn't in stock. Its cheaper by around 14k compared to India. But I'm in 2 minds ever since the Citizen Tsuyosa came out & I quite like the Tiffany Blue dial, I'm yet to see one in the flesh though. Long Island isn't selling the Tsuyosa on their website!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4278879 (Which watch do you own?)

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/hands-o...tsuyosa-watch/

Which watch do you own?-citizennj015automatictsuyosa.jpg
Old 17th September 2023, 16:50   #5079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Citizen Tsuyosa
These are available for around 29k on Amazon, I think its a good deal. The one below caught my eye and I love the burnt green dial.

https://amzn.eu/d/gvfmDok
Old 17th September 2023, 20:14   #5080
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
These are available for around 29k on Amazon, I think its a good deal.
They're available for around 33k at Shoppers Stop. Took a look at them today in various colors. They're not a bad deal but I kinda did not like the bracelet & the clasp! Did not feel premium enough.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 06:49   #5081
BHPian

I recently purchased Citizen from Jomahsop for USD 200.
Link below, the only dial colour available was black.

https://www.jomashop.com/citizen-aut...j0150-81e.html
Old 22nd September 2023, 22:32   #5082
BHPian

Does anyone have any updates/insights on the availability of Rolex models (Explorer 1 or OP) in Mumbai? Not keen on going through the grey market route.
Old 26th September 2023, 22:49   #5083
BHPian

I recently was on a brief sojourn to the picturesque Lac-Supérieur, where I couldn't resist the allure of the backdrop, prompting an impromptu photoshoot featuring the Rollie.

Which watch do you own?-img_3266.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_3291.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_3264.jpg
Impala59 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 19:25   #5084
Senior - BHPian

Any Orient Bambino users here ? Trying to decide between the Version 2 with a white dial or the 38mm with cream/off-white dial. I have small wrists so wondering which will suit me better.

It would've been easy if I could visit a store and pick one, but Orient sells only Online and we can't schedule a video demo for now.

This is the only other watches I have, a G-Shock Mudman and the Galaxy Watch 4 44mm
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-20211005_184305.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-20211005_184222.jpg  

Old 30th September 2023, 21:28   #5085
BHPian

My recent purchase. Sold my Omega Moonswatch mission to pluto within a few months as I just loathed it for its amazingly cheap feel. This one really makes me feel good. Best part is that I sold the Swatch for around 21k and bought this for 16k! Worth every penny. I thought the Moonswatch was difficult to get but this one is another level. Had picked the Swatch from Bangkok duty free but this one was only available in the US and UK neither of which I was going to visit anytime soon. Ordered it via Amazon in Dubai and collected it during a short business trip from India.
This watch just makes me happy with its Steve Mc Queen Bullitt vibes. Just need a pair of leather racing gloves and a Mustang

Which watch do you own?-20230930_211831.jpg

Which watch do you own?-20230930_212429.jpg

Which watch do you own?-20230930_212447.jpg

Which watch do you own?-20230930_212440.jpg
racer_7 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed