Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2021, 19:09   #4801
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I recently came across full page ad of Tudor in some newspaper. I was under the impression they do not have an official retailer in India, but it seems Dia Jewellery sells them.

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/retail...umbai/1845-dia
After seeing the posts here, called up Kapoor watch company on Delhi. Appears that they are also authorised dealers of Tudor though they do not advertise the brand on their website yet. Till recently, Tudor did not have ADs in India. Long story short, picked up my long time grail the Tudor Black Bay 58 (unexpectedly they had the piece I wanted in stock). Expecting it to arrive sometime next week, since I am out of town since then. My very first luxury watch purchase so to speak.

Quite happy since it would have cost me marginally more were I to pick it up abroad. Not to mention domestic purchase is much more preferable since the AD is in India itself, helps with warranty and servicing.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 25th December 2021 at 19:18.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 12:08   #4802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Long story short, picked up my long time grail the Tudor Black Bay 58 (unexpectedly they had the piece I wanted in stock). Expecting it to arrive sometime next week, since I am out of town since then. My very first luxury watch purchase so to speak.

Quite happy since it would have cost me marginally more were I to pick it up abroad. Not to mention domestic purchase is much more preferable since the AD is in India itself, helps with warranty and servicing.
This is super cool. Congratulations. Please do post pictures. Looks like we may have to start a separate thread for BB58s

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
My latest acquisition, Casio G-Shock GA-2100

Ordered from Casioshop online. It's a July 2020 manufactured piece
So I also had an eye for it, and tried it in g shock store, VR Mall bangalore. Just felt like tiny kids watch on my wrist. May be I just got used to my daily wear Garmin Fenix 6x pro.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th December 2021 at 09:40. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
abtyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 20:42   #4803
Senior - BHPian

In the vintage realm, here's something to ask your uncles (or younger selves?) about:

Certainly everyone knows about HMT's, fewer are familiar with old mechanical Indian brands like Timestar or Hegde-Golay, but this one seems even rarer. I don't recall how or when it came into my hands, but though it had long been amongst my things, I'd never really looked into what it was - I suppose the condition was too bad to merit any attention:

Which watch do you own?-img_20211222_122025_1.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_20211222_121915_1.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_20211222_122120_1.jpg

Web search yielded "PA Pinions" right here in Himachal Pradesh, who has long been a maker of watch components - I figured there must be a connection, but I had no idea as to branding, as the dial was too far gone to see anything there.

Our lone Nepali mechanic here, shown a pic of the movement, said they were "Pureval" brand, he didn't have any parts for them or anything good to say about the watches - but anyway, as a Himachal guy I figured I ought to dig deeper and if possible refurb this one or find another one in good shape, just for my collection.

Inquired of a watch buddy in East India, who readily located a ladies' unit - so that answered the question of whether they may have been a regional brand:

Which watch do you own?-screenshot_20211226200903212_com.whatsapp_1.jpg

Ahhh, "Purewal" the correct spelling. And Blackpearl - cool! And a sunburst dial, to boot!

Still can't find an awful lot about the mechanical days of this company... there was a 2008 hilloost.in news article online re: a threatened closure of one of their assembly plants at Jubbar (Jubbal?), Solan...

Earliest history of "PA Time" mentions only quartz watches, and that from the mid-1990's... ultimately producing the Maxima brand (a huge name later, 2nd largest Indian watch company, apparently).

Both the ladies' one and mine have applied figures, so not quite scraping the bottom of the budget barrel here, so to speak... but that's not to say they exude quality exactly.

Questions remaining are how old these mechanical ones actually are, how common they may have been at whatever point, with whom (if anyone) the company was affiliated with abroad (as all the other aforementioned brands were)... Also why they never succeeded in the mechanical realm, as they were later able to in quartz.

Any info / memories here would be appreciated

Btw it's about a 34mm cushion case, very thin profile and should wear very comfortably if I can ever get it working. Need a crown/stem and nice original dial at minimum...

Regards,
Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 26th December 2021 at 20:57.
ringoism is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 11:18   #4804
BHPian

Quote:
After seeing the posts here, called up Kapoor watch company on Delhi. Appears that they are also authorised dealers of Tudor though they do not advertise the brand on their website yet. Till recently, Tudor did not have ADs in India. Long story short, picked up my long time grail the Tudor Black Bay 58 (unexpectedly they had the piece I wanted in stock). Expecting it to arrive sometime next week, since I am out of town since then. My very first luxury watch purchase so to speak.

Wow, that was quick. Happy I was of some help. Its quite confusing as to why they dont have Tudor up on their website. Did they explain why?
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 14:39   #4805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Wow, that was quick. Happy I was of some help. Its quite confusing as to why they dont have Tudor up on their website. Did they explain why?
Yup this has to be the quickest purchase process for me personally. Usually I procrastinate for months before pulling the trigger on a high value purchase. However, the BB58 is not easily available in India and even abroad and so when they said it was available, I pounced on it. Of course I had been following and researching this watch for close to three years now ever since its release in 2018. Given the prices and availability of Rolex dive watches , the BB 58 will probably be my only purchase in the Rolex/Tudor dive watch realm for the foreseeable future. Who knows, Tudor may also command crazy prices decades later like bigger brother Rolex.

Have not asked them why. Will do so once I speak to them next. The watch comes with full invoice and five year warranty so they are definitely an authorised dealer .

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 27th December 2021 at 14:48.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 10:30   #4806
BHPian

Quote:
Yup this has to be the quickest purchase process for me personally. Usually I procrastinate for months before pulling the trigger on a high value purchase. However, the BB58 is not easily available in India and even abroad and so when they said it was available, I pounced on it. Of course I had been following and researching this watch for close to three years now ever since its release in 2018. Given the prices and availability of Rolex dive watches , the BB 58 will probably be my only purchase in the Rolex/Tudor dive watch realm for the foreseeable future. Who knows, Tudor may also command crazy prices decades later like bigger brother Rolex.

Have not asked them why. Will do so once I speak to them next. The watch comes with full invoice and five year warranty so they are definitely an authorised dealer .
They are definitely the authorised dealers as their name is on the Tudor website. There are 2 dealers in India, one in Delhi and one in Mumbai.
Old 28th December 2021, 13:33   #4807
Senior - BHPian

First (really) low quality picture of the Black Bay 58 shared by Kapoor watches. Should hopefully get this on the wrist soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img20211228wa0011__01.jpg  

arindambasu13 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 12:14   #4808
BHPian

Got straps for my hmt watches.

Got 4 straps totally. Will post the other later.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20211230_090121.jpg  

girishv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 00:51   #4809
Senior - BHPian

Happy New Year to all of you Team-BHPians

After accumulating so many watches, finally on this New Year’s Day I got myself gifted with a Grand Seiko Heritage collection SBGR315G automatic watch.

Which watch do you own?-2a89e459d0c7432b8629469ca87c8327.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-30c0e127b7104a1bbb136507c5b529ac.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-65e680521af640d4aea92b8e5c03d5d1.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-1e17311bfdd34602aebda10ae3931804.jpeg

Also another greatest watch is in shipment and arriving soon. Would you be able guess which one is in the package on transit?

Last edited by trammway : 2nd January 2022 at 00:54.
trammway is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:56   #4810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Happy New Year to all of you Team-BHPians

After accumulating so many watches, finally on this New Year’s Day I got myself gifted with a Grand Seiko Heritage collection SBGR315G automatic watch.

Also another greatest watch is in shipment and arriving soon. Would you be able guess which one is in the package on transit?
Congratulations. It does look really special. I wasn’t much of a white dial fan, but boy does this look supreme. There is something special about grand seiko.

Some clue would help. Else, generally that goes to a mud master gshock.
abtyagi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 17:56   #4811
BHPian

Quote:
Time for one of the holy trinity? My guess is AP Royal Oak.
tortoiseNhare is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:55   #4812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
Some clue would help. Else, generally that goes to a mud master gshock.
I generally like to keep my watch collection mix and match condition. The dial pattern, color, case shape and size, complications etc.

Somehow I got attracted by the steel grey. An year ago I bought a Rolex Date-Just II from an AD here with the same style but I always wanted to have a best Japanese watch and ended up buying a GS.

Here are some additional wrist shots from yesterday’s wearing

Which watch do you own?-78a38b84cab84a619cf5c7c335d3417d.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-cd50ba345aed4426b671ff2c2c913296.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-1805344c1afd4a76ab9c310a055f10c5.jpeg

Rolex Date-Just II steel grey with Jubilee bracelet

Which watch do you own?-e288672fd0f7467c9848fc6bda4dcf38.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Time for one of the holy trinity? My guess is AP Royal Oak.
You are correct. Before ordering these two watches in discussion, I was planning to pull the trigger for a Royal Oak Offshore with rubber clad( last watch below). Then changed my mind to go for a steel clad and that worked out to be over my budget hence dropped it temporarily and moved to these two watches.

But I will score at-least one each from the holy trinity in the future.

Here are the APs that I was evaluating, also I noticed that even at 42mm size these APs looked like monster on my wrist. (I sport up to 45.5mm but this is exceptionally different)

Which watch do you own?-c90328132719420aae0ebe829883ec67.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-376f1882ca9045edbf34fafce9e476f5.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-f97434206bec494bb88788c81ffc8b9d.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-c34ec807fc424bb5a7d8936ea8a3823f.jpeg

Last edited by trammway : 2nd January 2022 at 23:07.
trammway is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 00:44   #4813
BHPian

Quote:
First (really) low quality picture of the Black Bay 58 shared by Kapoor watches. Should hopefully get this on the wrist soon.
Beautiful, I appreciate Tudor as a brand and how they have managed to grow out of Rolex’s shadow. BB58 is really flying of the shelves.

My grail watch as well, do you mind sharing the price and contact details of the dealer? Am looking to pick this up as well and weighing all my options (from where to source)
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:49   #4814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Beautiful, I appreciate Tudor as a brand and how they have managed to grow out of Rolex’s shadow. BB58 is really flying of the shelves.

My grail watch as well, do you mind sharing the price and contact details of the dealer? Am looking to pick this up as well and weighing all my options (from where to source)
Thanks. Do drop me a PM and I'd be happy to connect you with my contact at the AD. There would be a bit of a wait period though nothing outrageous like the Rolex models command.

In the meantime the watch has arrived and here is a pic fresh out of the box. Pulling the trigger on this followed close to three years of planning and procrastination, and this watch commemorates a significant professional milestone for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20220101_094128__01__01__01.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 3rd January 2022 at 08:51.
arindambasu13 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:38   #4815
BANNED

Quote:
Congratulations on the new acquisitions and the very fine collection you have. You have clearly made it in life, hats off to you.

I see you have an ALS (Lange) in your collection, if you don't mind me asking, how does one go about acquiring an ALS? From my inquiries I have discovered they are very hard to come by, even overseas. I have my eyes set on the the datograph up-down lumen. Are used ones easier to come by compared to new ones?

I have the same query regarding Jaquet Droz as well, but from what I understand they are Ferrari level exclusive and all pieces are limited editions. Guess one has to be in the billionaire club for one of those.
Electromotive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks