Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2021, 12:48   #4756
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Going off topic here, would love to know more about the pen in the background.
Nothing too fancy. it is a Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen, made in Japan. A solid starter pen for those who are interested in the lost art of using a fountain pen I use it as a daily driver.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 12:55   #4757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I have for long been contemplating on getting either a Sinn or a Stowa, just to experience the magic of German watches. Will bite the bullet one of these days!
Do let me know when you buy, I must have a small voucher that you can use.

T
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 14:53   #4758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Nothing too fancy. it is a Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen, made in Japan. A solid starter pen for those who are interested in the lost art of using a fountain pen I use it as a daily driver.
Thank you for answering, looked like a Montblanc Meisterstuck to my eye hence checked. The metropolitan has been on my buying list for a long time and your post has led to me order one right away, my tired old lamy needs some rest anyway.
Thebat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 10:58   #4759
Senior - BHPian

Orient Mako back on the stock bracelet. Really love the fit and sizing of this watch. The bracelet is really comfortable and well built especially at its price point.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20211013_105805147.jpg  

arindambasu13 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 19:54   #4760
BHPian

Bought a Casio G-Shock GA-140GM-1A1 watch. It would be replacing my Timex Ironman Triathlon which had served me well for the past five and a half years.

• Feels built to last
  • Is known to be reliable
  • Shock-proof

Some random pictures :

Which watch do you own?-20211012_134829.jpg

The new G-Shock with my old Ironman Triathlon
Which watch do you own?-20211013_134329.jpg

In sunlight
Which watch do you own?-20211013_134816.jpg

Bought it from Tata Cliq, got it for Rs.4856 after discounts. Has a warranty of 2 years which can be extended to 2 and a half years if you register your product online

Last edited by RR96 : 13th October 2021 at 19:59.
RR96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 12:14   #4761
BHPian

Hello everyone need some help regarding a purchase of Casio Edifice i made recently on Flipkart, I verified the serial number that is embossed on the back of watch via the Casio site and it checks out.

Is there any other way I can verify if it's an original or a replica, other thing is the model is not available on Casio India site but is available on Casio international site.

Can a watch still be a replica even if it's serial number checks out?

Also called the Customer care and they told me there should be a '#' before the serial number but there isn't one and also saw few watches on the Casio site but there isn't any '#' before the serial number.

Last edited by revvharder : 20th October 2021 at 12:19.
Old 20th October 2021, 12:44   #4762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post

Is there any other way I can verify if it's an original or a replica, other thing is the model is not available on Casio India site but is available on Casio international site.

Can a watch still be a replica even if it's serial number checks out?

Also called the Customer care and they told me there should be a '#' before the serial number but there isn't one and also saw few watches on the Casio site but there isn't any '#' before the serial number.
I checked my Edifice bought in Shoppers Stop and there is no # any where.

So I guess that # is not mandatory.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 12:22   #4763
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Where can I get the battery of my Raymond Weil Tango watch replaced? Should I just hand it over to one of the Ethos outlets & they'll do the needful?
Old 31st October 2021, 11:12   #4764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Where can I get the battery of my Raymond Weil Tango watch replaced? Should I just hand it over to one of the Ethos outlets & they'll do the needful?
The official outlets charge a lot, but you are assured of quality of service. On the other hand independent watch stores can do the same job at half the cost. The only hitch is that if the water proof seal needs to be changed they may not have a new one.
Old 31st October 2021, 12:09   #4765
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The official outlets charge a lot, but you are assured of quality of service. On the other hand independent watch stores can do the same job at half the cost. The only hitch is that if the water proof seal needs to be changed they may not have a new one.
Got in touch with Ethos, they do battery replacement at one of their outlets. Don't know any independent stores which carry out such jobs.
Old 1st November 2021, 14:06   #4766
AZT
BHPian

I wanted to try changing watch bands at home, Does anyone have any recommendation for any kit they've bought from Amazon. This will be for a Seiko SNXS73
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:41   #4767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
I wanted to try changing watch bands at home, Does anyone have any recommendation for any kit they've bought from Amazon. This will be for a Seiko SNXS73
You don't need any elaborate kit. All you need is a strap changing tool (also referred to as a spring bar tool). The recommended brand is Bergeon, but that may not be easily available in India. On a quick search on Amazon, there are plenty of basic ones available (check https://www.amazon.in/MMOBIEL-Spring...7SQ2ML2J&psc=1).

Be careful when using it - since the tool is pretty sharp and may scratch the back of your watch case if you are not careful in your usage of it.
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:16   #4768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Got in touch with Ethos, they do battery replacement at one of their outlets. Don't know any independent stores which carry out such jobs.
No idea of Mumbai, but in Delhi most of the independent small watch repair shops carry out battery replacement. They stock all varieties of watch batteries - official recommended brand, official alternative brand, other equivalent bands of various price and quality.

My son used to get his TAG battery changed every three years for 500 initially and lastly 800. We found an independent store that uses the same batter and charges only 300.

For my Casio I got a battery (official replacement) for 100 while the store wanted 250.

So battery changes are quite reasonable, provided the store has proper tools to open the back.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 18:38   #4769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
No idea of Mumbai, but in Delhi most of the independent small watch repair shops carry out battery replacement.

So battery changes are quite reasonable, provided the store has proper tools to open the back.
Reasonable !!! Mostly they charge 100 Rs. for common batteries and it does sound quite reasonable. However a visit to Chandni Chowk Watch Market reveals that the Batteries there cost in the range of 10 - 30 Rs. depending on the Size and quality. Some special one may cost more too but again, such batteries are not stocked by street watch shops.
Old 3rd November 2021, 12:06   #4770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Reasonable !!! Mostly they charge 100 Rs. for common batteries and it does sound quite reasonable. However a visit to Chandni Chowk Watch Market reveals that the Batteries there cost in the range of 10 - 30 Rs. depending on the Size and quality. Some special one may cost more too but again, such batteries are not stocked by street watch shops.
I have also experienced using the Rs.10-30 watch batteries. They are pretty bad most of the times and may or may not last. It is a hit or miss experience. In contrast the Rs.100+ are mostly Varta or Japanese imports recommended by Casio and Seiko.

Another scam perpetuated is to repackage old batteries (recharged some how) and sell them as new. My friendly watch repair showed me those and said that there is a huge demand for these cheaper but inferior products. Most of these users are happy with 6 months or a year the battery lasts. The watches are also in the 200-300 bracket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks