Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2021, 15:19   #4636
BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi All,

Based on few recent posts on HMT Pilot, I went ahead made a purchase on HMT online.
Try giving the watch a bit of a shake ( after winding it clockwise for around 40 times or till the winding shows resistance). If it still doesn't start, then call up HMT and you'll have to speedpost/courier it back to them for replacement. ( Write a note inside about the issue). There is a 1 year warranty on them.
Old 5th May 2021, 14:10   #4637
AZT
BHPian

Just picked up my first HMT. Thanks to @riteshritesh for informing that the white dial blue hands pilot has come in stock. Availability of pilot variants can be checked here - https://www.hmtwatches.in/39/products/new-up-load.htm

First impressions : Its a tad too small but looks elegant. Was expecting black leather strap but it came with brown which also looks good. With offices shut may not get a chance to wear this soon but feels good to own a piece of Indian horology.

Some potato quality pics below:

Which watch do you own?-40795d915c004c8b98abc2b0ffb4049e.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-dfaff0c3cc1c49db9b7f450c004ae854.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-79bb891329d9412091bdc9d082655908.jpeg
AZT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 13:34   #4638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Just picked up my first HMT. Thanks to @riteshritesh for informing that the white dial blue hands pilot has come in stock.
I knew you were yearning for it. My idleness and the habit of checking HMT website every now and then got you what you wanted.
Mine is still lying in the box( sealed in a ziplock bag), unused as I don't plan to use it ( I am lost without the day date function). Bought one since it is so inexpensive and for posterity. And yeah, that strap is such a bummer. It should have been a nice blue or black leather strap.
A word of caution, do put it to test as read a few cases where the watch crown was not working correctly.
Old 6th May 2021, 15:38   #4639
Senior - BHPian

hmt watches are costly now a days, I bought Janata in 2015 for ~ 800 Rupees.
Old 7th May 2021, 14:54   #4640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
hmt watches are costly now a days, I bought Janata in 2015 for ~ 800 Rupees.
Comparatively yes, but relatively at 3300 Rs I am not sure of any mechanical watch available that cheap. One full tank of Petrol costs as much as a decent watch that may last our lifetime.
Old 8th May 2021, 20:36   #4641
BHPian

Re: Tissot Heritage Petite Seconde

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Simple and Elegant Tissot Heritage Petite Seconde! Powered by beautiful Swiss ETA 6498-1 mechanical movement.
Adding few more pics:

beautifully machined
Which watch do you own?-6ndd.jpg

beautifully detailed
Which watch do you own?-2ndd.jpg

and beautifully polished
Which watch do you own?-5ndd.jpg
somspaple is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 12:25   #4642
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Just picked up my first HMT. Thanks to @riteshritesh for informing that the white dial blue hands pilot has come in stock. Availability of pilot variants can be checked here - https://www.hmtwatches.in/39/products/new-up-load.htm
Do the email or phone alerts works for out of stock products. I did subscribed to the stock alerts via mail & phone but been almost 2 weeks, no alerts yet.
Old 10th May 2021, 02:01   #4643
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Do the email or phone alerts works for out of stock products. I did subscribed to the stock alerts via mail & phone but been almost 2 weeks, no alerts yet.
For me @riteshritesh gave me a heads up in my inbox when he saw my earlier post saying I was looking for this. I wouldn't rely on those alerts, the website itself looks outdated.

Best would be to just check manually the page.
Old 10th May 2021, 09:42   #4644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does not work. Had signed up for multiple models and received no such notification at any point in time. Good old fashioned regular stalking of the product page is what helps.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 18:32   #4645
BHPian

Quote:
One alternative is become a member of HMT Watch group on Facebook. Folks there frequently alert if any new model comes back in stock. Also you get to see many options for different bracelets and straps.
somspaple is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 18:35   #4646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
One alternative is become a member of HMT Watch group on Facebook. Folks there frequently alert if any new model comes back in stock. Also you get to see many options for different bracelets and straps.
A word of caution guys, the facebook page has a lot of options that keep coming up, from the time this pandemic has started, have been averaging at least two watches a month.

The first month or two, the justification was that I saved on my fuel costs, average of 10K a month. The next few months was justified based on profit booking in the stock market.

When I started becoming addicted to buying and collecting (should read as hoarding), simply exited the group.
Old 11th May 2021, 19:22   #4647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post

When I started becoming addicted to buying and collecting (should read as hoarding), simply exited the group.
Ah. The good old watch addition. It is a well known condition which is affectionately referred to among watch enthusiasts as the "rabbit hole". Inevitably, I fell into this hole till I made a conscious decision to have a focused collection of curated watches in the rage of 3-6 and no more. For any new entry to come in, at least one had to exit the collection. This principle has held me in good stead over the past few years, once the initial tendency to buy whatever I liked wore down and better financial sense prevailed. My guiding principle has been to have only a limited number of carefully chosen watches which I can regularly use and which therefore get sufficient wrist time. No "safe queens", so to speak.

Watch collecting is a darn expensive hobby, and can run into exemplary amounts in no time at all.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 11th May 2021 at 19:24.
Old 11th May 2021, 19:54   #4648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
A word of caution guys, the facebook page has a lot of options that keep coming up, from the time this pandemic has started, have been averaging at least two watches a month.

The first month or two, the justification was that I saved on my fuel costs, average of 10K a month. The next few months was justified based on profit booking in the stock market.

Typical of any hobby which has cheap entry level options. You'll hoard and get saturated fast. If you really like watches, you can let go of the ones that you feel not connected to but ended up buying because 'it is available'.

Soon you'll discover what you really like and then start the 'upgrade' game while dreaming about that one holy grail.
Old 15th May 2021, 11:29   #4649
BANNED

Was keeping a eye on HMT website and below is in stock at the moment

https://www.hmtwatches.in/3674/produ...-gp-ind-ss.htm

For some reason Case Diameter is not mentioned on this one so not sure if this will be one of those 35 MM or something else. Any clues.
Old 15th May 2021, 17:24   #4650
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Was keeping a eye on HMT website and below is in stock at the moment

https://www.hmtwatches.in/3674/produ...-gp-ind-ss.htm

For some reason Case Diameter is not mentioned on this one so not sure if this will be one of those 35 MM or something else. Any clues.
I have the blue hands pilot and its 35 mm. This should be the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks