Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2019, 22:49   #4036
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Smallest of those is 43mm wide!
43mm is not too wide. My Seiko 5 Sports is 42mm, and my Citizen Ecodrive the same. Though my wrist is on the slimmer side., these do not look too big.
Old 26th November 2019, 22:56   #4037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Props to inmate starter.
Though the Rangeman is "old", its got a Ver 3 Triple Sensor. Really good.
Hey Ramana,
Am glad you liked it. I have it for about 2-3 years and it runs like a charm.
Have dunked it in water, struck it multiple times against walls/rocks and it just keeps going.
All the best with your watch hunt.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 26th November 2019, 23:09   #4038
BANNED

is EMPORIO ARMANI a good brand with watch collectors or just another fashion watches brand. I have heard of them but more for their clothes and sunglasses
Old 26th November 2019, 23:15   #4039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
is EMPORIO ARMANI a good brand with watch collectors or just another fashion watches brand. I have heard of them but more for their clothes and sunglasses
Just another fashion brand. They look good online but very very average on the wrist. In fact, I found them to be of below average quality. I suggest you take a look at them at a Shoppers Stop to get an idea. Edifice, Fossil, Seiko, Citizen,etc. provide far better value at that price point.
Old 26th November 2019, 23:20   #4040
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Just another fashion brand. They look good online but very very average on the wrist. In fact, I found them to be of below average quality. I suggest you take a look at them at a Shoppers Stop to get an idea. Edifice, Fossil, Seiko, Citizen,etc. provide far better value at that price point.
yeah agree, hence the question. iam in US and was getting good deals on them.

Thanks for clarifying. I am back to japanese
Old 26th November 2019, 23:46   #4041
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Check out the ones you like in person and you might like some on your wrist.

Regards,
Saket
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
43mm is not too wide. My Seiko 5 Sports is 42mm, and my Citizen Ecodrive the same. Though my wrist is on the slimmer side., these do not look too big.
Looks like a few demos are in order. Difficult to find specific models in store these days. I'll check out Ethos if they have these.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th November 2019 at 23:49.
Old 26th November 2019, 23:49   #4042
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like a few demos are in order. Difficult to find specific models in store these days. I'll check out Ethos and Zimson if they have these.
Check my post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4682125

I have very slim hands and usually nothing more than a 40mm works. But this Casio is perfect.
Old 27th November 2019, 00:20   #4043
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I have very slim hands and usually nothing more than a 40mm works. But this Casio is perfect.
Your post is what piqued my interest. One of my must-haves for a watch is that it shouldn't get in the way, and this one looks well-sized. How does it feel weight-wise?
Old 27th November 2019, 09:24   #4044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a 'small' G-Shock? I'd love a rugged design but I'm very keen on keeping size/weight down as low as possible.

Reference, my daily driver is an F91W.
Look no further than the classic-est G Shock of them all - the 5600. This is the legendary model which Kikuo Ibe generated and has pretty much remained the same in terms of core design since the 1980s. While most other G Shocks are pretty massive, this one is great for the smaller wrist. I have been rocking one since the last couple of years, and have nothing but good things to say about it. One of my most important considerations was that the size should fit a relatively smaller wrist, and this one fits the bill perfectly. What's more, its the cheapest G Shock on sale (as far as I know), and the tough solar model is around INR 4900 odd on Amazon (https://www.amazon.in/Casio-G-Shock-...%2C1117&sr=8-1).

Have been wearing this watch all through my workouts, swimming, basically anything which holds a possibility of the watch getting roughed up- and there is not even any major scratch to show for it till date. Mine is the basic battery powered one, and not the solar model. Super light as well. It is slightly chunkier than the F91W that you currently use, but then, that one is not a G Shock.

Wait for the Christmas time sale and likely you will be able to score one at way less than that. Friendly Mod Viddy picked one up in the 3000s just a few days back.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 27th November 2019 at 09:31.
Old 27th November 2019, 09:30   #4045
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Your post is what piqued my interest. One of my must-haves for a watch is that it shouldn't get in the way, and this one looks well-sized. How does it feel weight-wise?
Super lightweight and comfortable. It's my new weekend and vacation watch. It feels lighter than my Seiko 5 sports automatic and my office Citizen Eco-drive.
Old 27th November 2019, 10:00   #4046
Senior - BHPian

Even I got one after you . Like someone mentioned, I never bother to take it off. Never concerned that it might spoil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Super lightweight and comfortable. It's my new weekend and vacation watch. It feels lighter than my Seiko 5 sports automatic and my office Citizen Eco-drive.
Old 27th November 2019, 10:23   #4047
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

We are an all Omega family. Constellation(s) for my wife, son, and daughter-in-law, also daughter and son-in law. I have a Constellation in the large size. I also have a Speedmaster Pro which is now with our son. The Speedmaster was bought in 1974 in Switzerland. Only our daughter also has a Rolex.
Old 27th November 2019, 10:44   #4048
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's my small collection; nothing exotic though.

This Titan Edge was gifted by my parents about 12 years ago when I secured a campus placement after my MBA, hence it is most special for me. Claimed to be the slimmest watch, this is a beauty.
Which watch do you own?-edg.jpeg

This Titan watch was gifted to me, but sadly I don't wear it much. It's kind of big for my smallish wrist and a bit flashy for my taste.
Which watch do you own?-titan-green.jpeg

This is a Tissot T-sports. Nice watch, lovely chrono, race design; goes well with casuals. Has luminous hands.
Which watch do you own?-tst.jpeg

This one is my beater Timex. Goes well with formals on those 'gruffy' days when you just push yourself to office somehow. Needs a strap change badly.
Which watch do you own?-tmx.jpeg

A Timex Ironman, some 17-18 years old may be...great watch, auto indiglo, sturdy. Great to pair with T-shirts and a pair of jeans.
Which watch do you own?-ironman.jpeg

Acquired recently, this is Seiko 5- automatic. Impeccably beautiful, mechanical watch. Has a glass rear as well. Has great luminescence.
Which watch do you own?-sko.jpeg
Which watch do you own?-sko-rr.jpeg

And this one is wife's...was an impromptu purchase. I loved the timeless classy looks and got it for her, though she wanted some jwellery!
Which watch do you own?-tsw.jpeg
Old 27th November 2019, 10:57   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Look no further than the classic-est G Shock of them all - the 5600. This is the legendary model which Kikuo Ibe generated and has pretty much remained the same in terms of core design since the 1980s. While most other G Shocks are pretty massive, this one is great for the smaller wrist.
There's a DW-5700 in round case which is also suitable for slim wrists. Link here

Recently launched GA-2100 or the Casio Oak is in such demand that all variants are sold out. This too suits small wrists.
Old 27th November 2019, 11:07   #4050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Here's my small collection; nothing exotic though.

This is a Tissot T-sports. Nice watch, lovely chrono, race design; goes well with casuals. Has luminous hands.

Acquired recently, this is Seiko 5- automatic. Impeccably beautiful, mechanical watch. Has a glass rear as well. Has great luminescence.
Nice little collection there. Like both the Seiko 5 and the Tissot chronograph. I have a thing for blue dials, so anything with a rich blue dial gets my attention

The only reason why I have not yet added a Seiko 5 to my collection is because of the non-hand winding movement 7S26. Though some of the new Seiko 5 models come with the 4R series of movements which are both hacking and hand winding. Otherwise, Seiko 5s are perfect for the smaller wrist, elegant and the epitome of a beater mechanical watch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks