Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2018, 11:14   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Lovely choice and a very beautiful watch. The colour is so royal and the contrast just kills everything. Enjoy your new companion. Sieko 5's are built to last.
Old 17th January 2018, 18:19   #3272
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

How reliable is creationwatches.com ? And when they dispatch by DHL Express, what about the customs duty ?

Does DHL collect the customs duty paid at the time of delivery ?
Old 18th January 2018, 08:59   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
How reliable is creationwatches.com ? And when they dispatch by DHL Express, what about the customs duty ?

Does DHL collect the customs duty paid at the time of delivery ?
Creation Watches are generally reliable and sell genuine products. the customs duty is to be paid by you, and while I do not have first hand experience of this, there are other member who have commented (earlier on this thread) on the same. I do believe DHL will collect the customs costs from you at the time of delivery.
Old 18th January 2018, 09:38   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Creation Watches are generally reliable and sell genuine products. the customs duty is to be paid by you, and while I do not have first hand experience of this, there are other member who have commented (earlier on this thread) on the same. I do believe DHL will collect the customs costs from you at the time of delivery.
Thank you.

On a side note, my Orient is keeping perfect time for more than a month now, variation of only a few seconds, whereas the Seiko falls behind about 5 minutes a month.
Old 18th January 2018, 09:46   #3275
Senior - BHPian

I am a big G-Shock fan. I used to own many G-Shocks in the past. These are my current possessions.

My all-time favourite G-Shock (G619).

Which watch do you own?-g2.jpg

Bought this recently (Oct2017). G-Shock (G435)

Which watch do you own?-g.jpg

Casio SGW-450H-1ACF twin Sensor watch with Altimeter, Barometer and Thermometer. An amazing companion for my treks and travels in the Himalayas.

Which watch do you own?-cas1.jpg

Just Recently one of my UK-based friends gifted me this Festina Watch. I didn't know much about Festina watches. As per Festina official website, Festina group comprises five brands of watches: Festina, Lotus, Jaguar, Candino and Calypso, and two brands of jewellery: Lotus Style and Lotus Silver.

Which watch do you own?-fest.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 10:07   #3276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Thank you.

On a side note, my Orient is keeping perfect time for more than a month now, variation of only a few seconds, whereas the Seiko falls behind about 5 minutes a month.
Yup my Orient Bambino and Mako are also keeping great time. The Bambino is my daily wearer to office, while the Mako is a weekend watch. While I haven't really measured the accuracy, I can see that the Orients keep great time. That said, my Seikos also keep similarly good time. 5 minutes in a month is actually well within the specified tolerances for the lower end Seiko movements (7S26 or 4R36 etc), roughly losing about 10 seconds a day. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Cant beat them Japs for value for money!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 18th January 2018 at 10:16.
Old 19th January 2018, 18:24   #3277
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Can someone recommend a decent watch case/watch holder to store about 3-4 watches?
The watches are about more than 5yrs old(1 is a Casio Edifice,another some unknown brand) & have started to rust, i do not know what to do with them apart from perhaps giving it to a roadside watch shop for cleaning/polishing!
Old 19th January 2018, 18:33   #3278
Senior - BHPian

@PPS - Search on amazon dot in. There are many cases available for a price starting from 600 Rupees.
Old 19th January 2018, 20:43   #3279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Can someone recommend a decent watch case/watch holder to store about 3-4 watches?
The watches are about more than 5yrs old(1 is a Casio Edifice,another some unknown brand) & have started to rust, i do not know what to do with them apart from perhaps giving it to a roadside watch shop for cleaning/polishing!
This is what I ordered from Amazon and they are of really good quality

Fico Brown Watch case For 12 Watches https://www.amazon.in/dp/B014G4DV9M/..._oYP2txLjuokrw
Old 19th January 2018, 21:04   #3280
Senior - BHPian

I thought I'd lost this somewhere on the road many months ago.... my daily wear at that time...

Which watch do you own?-img_20180119_20534401.jpeg

Rather unusual vintage Citizen Automatic with PVD case, gold-tone outer bezel/hands/figures/recessed crown, and a second crown at 10 o'clock which motivates a rotating inner ring (purportedly for daily timing duties, but I mostly just like spinning it round and round when feeling fidgety).

Around 40mm case... Certainly unique, only wish it had some lume...

Which watch do you own?-img_20180119_19474001.jpeg

Put on my overalls after a long while today, and happily found this in the pocket!

I think I paid somewhere around rs200 for this one, and while it wouldn't have been a big financial loss, it would not likely have been replaceable.

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 19th January 2018 at 21:06.
Old 24th January 2018, 15:44   #3281
Senior - BHPian

Seems that Omega have fixed on Omega Speedmaster Pro (1974 vintage) My son gave it in on 30 June and was informed earlier this week that it is fixed. Thanks to SS_traveller who told me of the Omega Service Centre in Delhi. Our son will inspect it and then collect. Damages (a lot) are about 70k.
Old 24th January 2018, 15:52   #3282
Distinguished - BHPian

Which watches do I own is different from what I wear. Ownership - a Rolex, a Longines, a Armani - gifts not purchases. Wear - none; done away with wearing watches a long time ago. My wife on the other hand has about 15 watches - one for each occasion, each colour combination.....
Old 24th January 2018, 16:39   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Which watches do I own is different from what I wear. Ownership - a Rolex, a Longines, a Armani - gifts not purchases. Wear - none; done away with wearing watches a long time ago.
If you ever plan any giveaway of those watches, do let me know.
Old 24th January 2018, 16:58   #3284
BHPian

Anybody used or know about this brand of watches called Vordich, their designs are kickass and their prices are tempting, looking to order one today. Please do share if anyone has experience with the brand.
Old 24th January 2018, 20:12   #3285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
If you ever plan any giveaway of those watches, do let me know.
Tejas dikra, you're a man after my own heart. I will keep your request in mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks