Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2015, 18:29   #2536
PPS
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

As promised, better pictures of the Casio Edifice EMA-100D-1A2V.

Which watch do you own?-20150528_165559.jpg

Which watch do you own?-20150528_165622.jpg

Which watch do you own?-20150528_170129_lls.jpg

Which watch do you own?-20150528_170111_lls.jpg
Old 28th May 2015, 18:56   #2537
Senior - BHPian

I actually own three watches. They are HTC ONE M7, HTC ONE M8, and HTC ONE M8
Old 30th May 2015, 20:46   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post

3. The Junghans Chronoscope Automatic by Max Bill

Attachment 1372593

i recently picked up straps from a website cheapestnatostraps.com; its run by a girl in sweden, incredibly priced and great stuff.

Been eyeing the max bill chronoscope for sometime but haven't found a vendor in India .. It's a beautiful design. Where did you pick this up ?
Old 30th May 2015, 20:51   #2539
BANNED

@ all the watch experts.

My graduation gift for graduating college this year was a Fossil brown leather strap watch with a circular chrome dial with a vanilla cream inside (the interior of the dial or whatever u call it).

Is this something I can wear to an office ? I want to look mature and manly but I noticed that Fossil is something that's popular among young adults. I noticed that most mature and "big" men wear Rolexs, Panerai, Patek Phillipe etc. All of which I cannot afford now. Is Fossil ok for my age and office attire or is it something that I should keep for formal non-office occasions.

The reason i ask is because i rarely wear watches in the first place but when I do I want to make sure it accentuates me and gives me positive visibility.
Old 30th May 2015, 21:36   #2540
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm not much of a watch enthusiast, but I've read up on the technology behind watches and its quite interesting. There's one brand which (to my knowledge) isn't mentioned much here at all despite being the pioneers of fine movement.. most other brands have copied/borrowed from this company.

Jaeger LeCoultre in my opinion makes the finest watches which are simple yet elegant, in my view easily better than Patek Philippe (which technically borrows JLC movements and inserts jewels in it). JLC also makes cheaper movements for other brands like Tag Heuer, Omega etc. In my view the best mechanical watch with practical elegance is the Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Duo. Its classic design can never age and its dual face dial has been a true innovation, I haven't seen it in person but apparently the push-lift-flip mechanism has been praised for its refined tactility.

For those want a little more complicated watch there is the Reverso Gyrotourbillon. The Reverso also has an Indian connection as it was made for polo players who didn't want the face of the watch to break while playing, hence the other side was made as pure steel to handle the knocks.
Old 5th June 2015, 15:15   #2541
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up an Omega speedmaster professional Moonphase 3576.50.50

Its not the legendary speedy with hesalite crystal but I love the saphire and moonphase complication. Also the transparent caseback.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-image.jpg  

Old 5th June 2015, 19:03   #2542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Picked up an Omega speedmaster professional Moonphase 3576.50.50

Its not the legendary speedy with hesalite crystal but I love the saphire and moonphase complication. Also the transparent caseback.

Love this watch. No offense but are you sure it is original. I just spend a couple of days in bangkok and I was amazed at the quality of some of the fake watches on sale there. So I'm getting really paranoid about mine as well.

Its a bit difficult to see, but if I compare the official Omega photographs, http://www.omegawatches.com/collecti...ional/35765000 , i see a few butttons on the top left side of the casing. i don't see them on yours? Maybe its just the angle.

Enjoy the watch

Jeroen
Old 5th June 2015, 19:13   #2543
Distinguished - BHPian

Must be the angle. The two buttons are there - though the angle in the pic here should have shown it a little more prominently ?

Last edited by condor : 5th June 2015 at 19:15.
Old 5th June 2015, 19:41   #2544
Distinguished - BHPian

Haha..yes its original and from the official dealership with international warranty and accessories
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-image.jpg  

Last edited by robimahanta : 5th June 2015 at 19:46.
Old 5th June 2015, 21:46   #2545
BHPian

Recently picked up the Casio Rangeman GW9400-3, it is a very tough looking watch and never fails to attract attention, more of my colleagues have asked about this one than my Seiko. I just love the military green/Olive color.

Downside is the negative display which makes it a tad difficult to see the time, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Has a host of features, important ones are-
  • Tough Solar
  • Triple Sensor (Altimeter/Barometer, Thermometer and Compass)
Rangeman is the 1st G-Shock with triple sensors.
Old 6th June 2015, 10:32   #2546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Haha..yes its original and from the official dealership with international warranty and accessories
Very good! I'm a big fan of the various Omega Speedmasters. To date I own two models, Dark side of the moon and the Sportmaster.

It was really weird in Bangkok. There were so many watches and other stuff for sale, which apart from the price, were obviously fakes. But they also have high end fakes for sale and of course the real McCoy so to speak.

I was looking at an Apple iPad in what appeared to be a genuine Apple reseller shop. The price looked "real", but I found myself studying every detail on the iPad and I just couldn't figure out if it was real.

That's the problem with so much fake stuff around. Even when you are looking at the real deal, you start wondering.

So here is my latest acquisition, real or fake?

Which watch do you own?-img_3527a.jpg

Jeroen
Old 6th June 2015, 13:03   #2547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
So here is my latest acquisition, real or fake?
It looks real

You are right about Bangkok, there are even different grades of fake ones. An original replica (as they call it) of a high-end Swiss watch could cost 500$ and above, depending on the model.

That said if you are buying from a authorised retailer of the brand, it should be safe to assume that its real.
Old 6th June 2015, 15:39   #2548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
It looks real

You are right about Bangkok, there are even different grades of fake ones. An original replica (as they call it) of a high-end Swiss watch could cost 500$ and above, depending on the model.

That said if you are buying from a authorised retailer of the brand, it should be safe to assume that its real.

It's a fake. The big give away is that is says Quartz, whereas this is supposed to be a mechanical automatic watch. I'm not worried, because the guy i bought it from told me it comes with international warranty .

Picked up a couple of nice Rolexes (each $25) for my two sons back in the Netherlands.

On the fake Speedsters. In many cases one of the more telling give aways is how the sub dials are positioned. It's very much the movement that determines how far the sub dials are positioned from each other.

Jeroen
Old 6th June 2015, 16:29   #2549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
It's a fake. The big give away is that is says Quartz, whereas this is supposed to be a mechanical automatic watch. I'm not worried, because the guy i bought it from told me it comes with international warranty .

Picked up a couple of nice Rolexes (each $25) for my two sons back in the Netherlands.
Oh did not notice the Quartz bit
Is it true that in Europe they check on fake goods (watches, bags etc.) at customs entry points?
Old 6th June 2015, 16:46   #2550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Oh did not notice the Quartz bit
Is it true that in Europe they check on fake goods (watches, bags etc.) at customs entry points?
Well, they will check for all sorts of stuff. Anything from goods you should be paying duty on, goods that are banned (e.g. ivory,) to fake goods. If they catch you with fake goods, at the minimum it will get confiscated, but you might also end up having to pay a fine.

Jeroen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks