Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2012, 18:23   #1546
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Too many quartz watches with too many batteries - I am starting to feel a little lost about replacing batteries ever so frequently. Sort of made up my mind to buy some automatics and light-driven watches. Got me this one last year...
Which watch do you own?-titan-automatic.jpg

...and this one is one of my most cherished possessions.
Which watch do you own?-omega-deville.jpg
Old 15th September 2012, 19:35   #1547
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Which watch to pick for a budget of 3k? I can stretch it max to 3.5k.

No affiliation to any brands, anything will do. Looking for something which is semi-formal for office use. It should go well both on casuals and formals.

PS: I am a noob to watch terminology; quartz,chronograph and the likes don't ring a bell to me
You will get HMT automatics in that budget if you would like to go for automatics. There's no rocket science in understanding the terminology - quartz watches run on a battery, hand wound/mechanical watches require mandatory hand winding (chavi) after a certain time where as automatics are self winding in which the energy is sourced by the movement of your hand to charge the rotor and get the gears going.

There's a lot more to these types. For ex- quartz can be auto quartz, kinetic quartz or solar quartz. Mechanical/Automatic movements can have various calibrations to suit various needs.

Most buy automatics/mechanical for the engineering and craftsmanship it involves in setting the time and keeping it pretty accurately besides the sweeping seconds hand motion which is really awesome to look at. Most buy quartz to own a hassle free watch which does not require any kind of maintenance except changing the battery.

If you would like to for quartz, you will get plenty in that budget. In automatics and mechanicals there are limited choices, HMT being one and some pre-owned and sometimes discounted Vostok Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
...and this one is one of my most cherished possessions.
Attachment 986054
Beautiful watch. I've been unsuccessful so far in hunting a Deville. In fact, this was my first choice before I got fed up searching for a clean example and ended up buying the aqua terra.

Do you mind sharing the year of manufacture?
Old 15th September 2012, 19:40   #1548
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My collection is filled with obscure and unknown. This is however my fav.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-pag110c3.jpg  

Old 15th September 2012, 19:58   #1549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
2009, if I remember correctly.
Old 15th September 2012, 21:19   #1550
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2009, if I remember correctly.
I think its the picture but I really thought it must be from the 80s atleast if not earlier.
Old 15th September 2012, 21:57   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
You can see this one. I got for about 3.5k in February, 2012. I can see advertisement of it on team-bhp too.
How reliable is watchkart? Have you bought from them? They have around 10% off on every product.

Quote:
You will get HMT automatics in that budget if you would like to go for automatics. There's no rocket science in understanding the terminology - quartz watches run on a battery, hand wound/mechanical watches require mandatory hand winding (chavi) after a certain time where as automatics are self winding in which the energy is sourced by the movement of your hand to charge the rotor and get the gears going.

There's a lot more to these types. For ex- quartz can be auto quartz, kinetic quartz or solar quartz. Mechanical/Automatic movements can have various calibrations to suit various needs.

Most buy automatics/mechanical for the engineering and craftsmanship it involves in setting the time and keeping it pretty accurately besides the sweeping seconds hand motion which is really awesome to look at. Most buy quartz to own a hassle free watch which does not require any kind of maintenance except changing the battery.

If you would like to for quartz, you will get plenty in that budget. In automatics and mechanicals there are limited choices, HMT being one and some pre-owned and sometimes discounted Vostok Europe.

Beautiful watch. I've been unsuccessful so far in hunting a Deville. In fact, this was my first choice before I got fed up searching for a clean example and ended up buying the aqua terra.

Thanks a ton for the info

Have shortlisted these. Anyone own any of these watches? If you do, a quick review would really be helpful to me

http://www.watchkart.com/shop-by-cat...v-watches.html

http://www.watchkart.com/shop-by-cat...f-watches.html

I am more inclined towards the second watch.

Thanks a ton in advance!
Old 15th September 2012, 22:55   #1552
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have shortlisted these. Anyone own any of these watches? If you do, a quick review would really be helpful to me

http://www.watchkart.com/shop-by-cat...f-watches.html

I am more inclined towards the second watch.

Thanks a ton in advance!
I too liked the 2nd one. Its dial is less clustered compared to the others which makes it more readable. Lot of members here have the Edifice model so I'm sure feedback will follow.

The best way to buy a watch is to walk into a store, try it on for size and style and chose. You'll be amazed by how many watches look good on the screen but when you try it on, they don't suit you at all. I personally filter most of them online and then actually try hands on before buying one.
Old 16th September 2012, 12:16   #1553
BHPian

[quote=sachinj12;2904802]How reliable is watchkart? Have you bought from them? They have around 10% off on every product.

No, I didn't buy from them. In fact this watch was not listed on any of the sites in February when I was shopping for one. As JVH said, it is better to visit some stores for shopping. You may get to some more models other than those on the portals. Happy shopping.
Old 16th September 2012, 12:43   #1554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How reliable is watchkart? Have you bought from them?
I have used the services of Lenskart, but not Watchkart. Found them to be fairly efficient. In terms of quality of goods, they were very satisfactory. In terms of delivery time, they took much longer than I expected, but I was suitably updated about the delay through emails and a phone call, so I don't suppose I should be complaining too much.
Old 16th September 2012, 14:03   #1555
BHPian

I had bough an Edifice from Watchkart a week back. Found them reliable , and i received the watch in 3-4 days, perfectly packed. They even had a shipback label , in case you needed to return the product , quite professional.

I got 10% discount on the watch and and additional 10% when i applied a HDFC credit card coupon. So i got the watch at abt 9k , the same watch in Central was 11k. And i got a wallet + 4GB pen drive with the watch as well

Last edited by kap04 : 16th September 2012 at 14:24.
Old 17th September 2012, 11:14   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post

Very nice watch. Could you possibly mention the model?
Edifice EF-341D

http://www.watchkart.com/casio-edifi...s-watches.html
Old 17th September 2012, 12:11   #1557
BHPian

Recently got this http://www.watchkart.com/watch-brand...n-s-watch.htmlfrom watchkart,the product was well packed and delivered in 4 days time.
Old 18th September 2012, 21:16   #1558
BHPian

I had a Hugo Boss Watch and i had dropped it from first floor. Everything is fine but the watch is not working. Where can i get this fixed in Bangalore ? This is bought in UK
Old 19th September 2012, 01:22   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Thank you!

Quote:
How reliable is watchkart? Have you bought from them? They have around 10% off on every product.
Haven't bought anything from Watchkart section, but the group in general is well reputed. I'd not hesitate to buy from them if the price is right.
Old 19th September 2012, 11:32   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too liked the 2nd one. Its dial is less clustered compared to the others which makes it more readable. Lot of members here have the Edifice model so I'm sure feedback will follow.

The best way to buy a watch is to walk into a store, try it on for size and style and chose. You'll be amazed by how many watches look good on the screen but when you try it on, they don't suit you at all. I personally filter most of them online and then actually try hands on before buying one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post

No, I didn't buy from them. In fact this watch was not listed on any of the sites in February when I was shopping for one. As JVH said, it is better to visit some stores for shopping. You may get to some more models other than those on the portals. Happy shopping.
Quote:
I have used the services of Lenskart, but not Watchkart. Found them to be fairly efficient. In terms of quality of goods, they were very satisfactory. In terms of delivery time, they took much longer than I expected, but I was suitably updated about the delay through emails and a phone call, so I don't suppose I should be complaining too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Thank you!

Haven't bought anything from Watchkart section, but the group in general is well reputed. I'd not hesitate to buy from them if the price is right.
Thank you, everyone, for your feedback. Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I am so much in love with this watch that I have decided to postpone my purchase and save up for this.

As a stop gap arrangement, I have picked this for day to day use-

http://www.flipkart.com/casio-standa...TD9H77BXUW74AQ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks