Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2024, 22:34   #3376
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Hanu Man - Telugu/Hindi - 4/5

With quite a lot of uncertainity on Malaikkottai Vaaliban after seeing the reviews, decided to skip it and watch this one and what a movie it turned out to be.

The theme is of a divine super hero and it needs some guts to make this one and thanks to the makers for bringing on this. Sad to see there weren't enough promotions but the halls were housefull and reviews are 4+ all over and it deserves it. Gripping climax and there is going to be a second part Jai Hanuman releasing in 2025.

Great script, direction, back ground score. Rarely get to see such movies.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 27th January 2024 at 22:41.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 00:06   #3377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I am probably in the minority that I don't really understand or have liked LJP Movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
I am also one who feels he's a highly overrated director who thinks making a movie vague and clumsy, such that no one understands it makes him cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I am not a big fan of LJP movies, at least not all of them.
Malaikottai Valiban - Theatres

The Regional movies thread!-screenshot_20240128_000914_google.jpg

I'm actually yet to meet someone who actually likes LJP movies! Where does all this hype come from? Paid social media promotions, is it? If there are actual people who like his movies, where are these people??

Coming to the movie in itself - I had no plans on going for this one, but decided to go as there were no other decent movies around. Mohanlal has performed better than he had in the recent past. Apart from that, the story line was too slow and vague. The 'big revelation' comes in the last 5 minutes - setting up a theme for part 2. Villains who laugh for no reason have always irritated me, this one didn't fail either.

Rating - 2.5/5

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 28th January 2024 at 00:10.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 01:12   #3378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
I'm actually yet to meet someone who actually likes LJP movies! Where does all this hype come from? Paid social media promotions, is it? If there are actual people who like his movies, where are these people??
Actually, for someone who is not a fan, I have watched all of his movies as a director, except Churuli. It's his recent "critically acclaimed" movies starting from Jallikkattu that I'm not very fond of. And Double Barrel that I mentioned in my last post. I especially like City of God and Angamaly Diaries.
StarrySky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 07:41   #3379
BHPian

Sapta Sagaradache Ello - Side B

OTT: Prime Video.

Missed watching this movie in theatres, and was waiting for it's OTT release since December. Finally, it had a silent release few days ago, in Prime Video.

I had huge expectations for it, after a brilliant Side A.

Side B is just different. The story is told from manu's eyes, and there was not much space for priya to perform - which made the Side A brilliant in my opinion. The story is the usual grind, no surprises here, and you know how it is going to end. The narration is a bit different, which makes it bearable.

Rakshit Shetty carries the movie, with a brilliant performance, and good supporting act by Chaithra. I was disappointed that Rukmini Vasanth had nothing to do in the film.

Cinematography was brilliant. A lot of creative and artistic shots.

The background scores pales compared to Side A.

All in all, a decent watch. Just that it does not match or surpass Side A.

Last edited by Raghav_K : 30th January 2024 at 07:55. Reason: punctuations
Raghav_K is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 23:05   #3380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Philip's - Malayalam

Attachment 2565546

Synopsis - Unforeseen events arose in Philips joyful family disrupting their happiness. They must tackle these hiccups and regain their life in a better way

This was a decent one. Good acting by all (Especially Mukesh) and well paced movie. It's got a "jacobinte swargarajyam" feel but can't compare both. Had zero expectation, so it went good. Loved the end title credits (brings back some good memories).

Rating - 3.5/5 (Amazon Prime). Recommended.
Thanks for the recommendation, really enjoyed it. Good acting by everyone especially Mukesh and the daughters. Loved the end credit scenes of Innocent classics.

Last edited by rx100 : 2nd February 2024 at 23:23.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 11:42   #3381
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Thithi (2015)

I finally give in to Rani Mukerji for saying India makes the best films in the world. I doubt if we have the same films in our mind though. This is a 10/10 movie for me, cinema just can't get better than this . An enjoyable film that should be watched and lauded, mostly for its brilliant cast and their flawless performance as quirky characters. A great, whole-hearted watch!
jomyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 13:22   #3382
Senior - BHPian

Sapta Sagaradache Ello Part A & B

After a long tussle between brain and heart, I finally watched both the parts back to back. To be honest, I found the movie too slow, the movie feels stretched to a limit that it could break. Apart from the songs, I really could not find anything special or noteworthy in the movie. Rukmini Vasanth's acting in Part A was good, Rakshit Shetty was Okayish. I felt the villian (dont remember the name) performed better in acting sense. Part B was nothing worth mentioning, in fact I had to fast forward almost 40% of the movie as the plot was not appealing to me. I failed to slot the movie in any genre -romantic, tragic...

The rating is combined for both the parts

Rating: 1.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 23:05   #3383

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
Thithi (2015)

I finally give in to Rani Mukerji for saying India makes the best films in the world. I doubt if we have the same films in our mind though. This is a 10/10 movie for me, cinema just can't get better than this . An enjoyable film that should be watched and lauded, mostly for its brilliant cast and their flawless performance as quirky characters. A great, whole-hearted watch!
Is this kannada movie you are referring to? If so is this available on OTT?
Old 7th February 2024, 10:40   #3384
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmachinist View Post
Is this kannada movie you are referring to? If so is this available on OTT?
Yes, you can easily watch it on YouTube with subtitles too:
jomyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 22:47   #3385
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just finished watching “Antony”. I would rate it a good 3.5/5. Storyline is similar to any “gangster” movies out there.
But am posting this today as another reason : am sure either the Director / Producer / some creative head is an automobile enthusiast.

Each and every car whenever there was one on the screen, was a tastefully selected one.
Few off them - Jeep wrangler (convertible),Dual tone Omni (looked awesome), Pajero Sport with great alloys, Carnival and nothing less than a pristine looking W123(?)
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 02:24   #3386
Distinguished - BHPian

Neru (Malyalam)
OTT: Hulu/Hotstar
Rating : 4/5

A Gripping Malayalam Movie About Justice and Resilience. It takes viewers on a powerful journey of a blind sculptor named Sara, who faces a brutal assault and must fight for justice in a complex legal system.

The film is more than just a courtroom drama; it's a story about resilience, finding your voice, and the unwavering pursuit of truth.

Every frame where Mohanlal is present is a treat to watch. I never realized he is such a good actor. He commands authority and respect just by being on screen.

This is directed by Jeetu Joseph (Dhrishyam Director) so it means another outing of the Director-Actor duo.

Don't miss the beautiful Rolls Royce and BMW (M Car) in a few scenes.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 07:44   #3387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
But am posting this today as another reason : am sure either the Director / Producer / some creative head is an automobile enthusiast.

Each and every car whenever there was one on the screen, was a tastefully selected one.
Few off them - Jeep wrangler (convertible),Dual tone Omni (looked awesome), Pajero Sport with great alloys, Carnival and nothing less than a pristine looking W123(?)
Probably a director thing. The director of this Joshiy has been making mass entertainers for 40 years now. Apart from the fact that he still churns out watchable movies, I recall most of his movies has some good cars showcased. In this particular case the lead actor Joju George is also kind of a car freak. The wrangler may be his own also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Neru (Malyalam)
OTT: Hulu/Hotstar
Rating : 4/5

Every frame where Mohanlal is present is a treat to watch. I never realized he is such a good actor. He commands authority and respect just by being on screen.
Definitely a good performance especially compared to his other recent outings. Although personally if I consider his top 50 performances, this would be closer to the end of that list. Of course that is also just the fan in my talking
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 07:52   #3388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
am sure either the Director / Producer / some creative head is an automobile enthusiast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I recall most of his movies has some good cars showcased. In this particular case the lead actor Joju George is also kind of a car freak. The wrangler may be his own also.
Joshiy's own garage itself is tasteful which includes a tastefully modded Montero, Thar (mostly used by his son) and not to mention luxury cars like Vellfire, GLS etc. There's one modded W124 parked outside most of the time. Not sure if it belongs to them.
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 05:19   #3389
Senior - BHPian

Anweshippin Kandethum (Malayalam)

A pretty good investigative story featuring Tovino Thomas in the lead role.

It is quite fast-paced, and there is almost nothing in the movie that is not connected to the investigation or police work. I loved that because I'm so tired of seeing investigating officers overcoming personal issues/tragedies to solve murders. The investigation is over quite fast. The movie is set in the early 90s and so the investigation is also old-school. That is also a refreshing change.

The performances are good and so is the background music.

It is not an edge of the seat thriller, but I felt that there is no dull moment in the movie. I enjoyed the movie.
StarrySky is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 10:48   #3390
Senior - BHPian

Guntur Kharam (Telugu)

Streaming: Netflix

Rating: 0/5
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks