Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 11:06   #2731
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Another noteworthy movie I saw over the weekend was the Malayalam movie SALUTE featuring Dulquer Salmaan. An extremely well directed feature with a strong storyline that does not feel artificial or draggy till the last scene. Definitely a one time watch !
Rakeshmbalaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 23:30   #2732
BHPian

SitaRamam, I watched this one last week. A very beautifully rendered love story. A must watch as per me. Wholeheartedly recommend this one to everyone!

My Rating : 5/5
Attached Images

skarface is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 23:51   #2733
BHPian

For the Telugu movie fans here: I strongly recommend to watch DJ Tillu. The mannerisms , dialogue delivery leave you in splits almost through out the movie. Not advisable to watch with very young kids due to some adult content. It’s available on AHA streaming service.
Old 22nd August 2022, 07:50   #2734
Distinguished - BHPian

Makal - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-zq1ndi._v1_.jpg

One of the worst from Sathyan Anthikad. Well, I had very low expectations from this one anyways.

Rating - 1.5/5 (Available on Manorama Max)

Heaven - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-qxvymjkxnzq1ndi._v1_.jpg

Started off well, then it was bit of a drag. Not the usual "edge of the seat" sort of a thriller.
Wont regret if you miss watching this one.

Rating - 2/5 (Hotstar)

Dejavu - Tamil

The Regional movies thread!-dejavu.jpeg

This was a decent watch even though it had few loopholes. They tried to keep the audience guessing but you kinda know what to expect towards the end.

Rating - 3/5 (Available on Prime)
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 09:03   #2735
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Gaalipata 2 : Kannada movie in theaters : Romantic Comedy!?

Those who would've watched Galipata [2008] - and have similar expectations you'll be disappointed. First half of the movie where they could've made the movie more lively has been rushed. You don't feel connected to the story. And second half has been stuffed with lot of emotional scenes.
I guess the sudden vacuum created 2 major bollywood duds helped this movie's popularity.

Personal Recommendation:
Avoid/Watchable/Watch
Agreed, this movie was a huge disappointment, I had very high expectations from it, the screenplay is very poor, too many below average songs are thrust in the first half, there is not a single scene where the main characters can bond with the teacher, everything looks forced and artificial, Gani was the only plus point of this movie. Anant Nag has been wasted, except the lady opposite Gani, the others cant even act or talk properly.

Yograj Bhat has disappointed big time here, I still feel Yograj Bhat's best movie is Panchrangi, do watch if you guys haven't watched it yet
rbp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 19:15   #2736
BHPian

Watched Soorarai Potru. Didnt think I will watch it completely the way it started with so much of overboard scenes. It settles down a bit later. But still looks like a normal Masala/Sentimental film with hero kind of acting when it did not need that even for the script it has. Absolutely no idea why it won awards.

Not sure why they showed and narrated Deccan Air related photos at the end. Its so much off of the real story.
PreludeSH is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:11   #2737
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend was a regional movie fest

Noodi Swami ivanu irode heege(Kannada)

Streaming: Amazon prime

I had watched Rishi in Operation Amelamma and was impressed by hic coming timing, watched this movie with the same expectation but alas the movie fell below my expectations. A sensitive subject of suicidal tendencies was handled rather crudely, the supposed to be comic timings were totally missing. An avoidable movie.

Rating: 2/5

Bairagee (Kannada)

Streaming: Voot

Watched the movie for my current favourite Dhananjaya. Shivrajkumar is clearly aged and unfit to do any action scenes. No story, poor acting. Enough said. Avoid avoid.

Rating: 1/5

Pakka Commercial (telugu)

Streaming: Amazon

The movie highlights the present rot in the India judiciary system. The supposedly court room dramas are too cold, the lawyer in the movie is more interested in flexing physical muscles rather than the mental ones. Okay movie, can see once if no other good option available. I didnt find Gopichand of any actor in the league of Naani etc

Rating: 2.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 19:58   #2738
Senior - BHPian

Thiruchitrambalam - Tamil - 4/5 (Theatre)

I think this is one of the best movies of Dhanush. He simply was amazing and very different from his usual mass, action, fight, masala type of movie. Nice family movie.

A feel good movie with a simple story line but backed by an excellent script and acting from Dhanush and Nithya Menon. I felt like no one else could have done this role of Nithya better. Perfect fit. She was a cut above the hero character. Rarely you see that these days. And an excellent chemistry between both.

Hats off to the makers for bringing on such films.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 25th August 2022 at 20:02.
balenoed_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 00:18   #2739
Senior - BHPian

Karthikeya 2 - Telugu, Dubbed Hindi/Tamil - 4/5 - Theatre

Just chanced upon this movie while browsing through book my show for another movie. The abstract written was interesting and couldn't wait to catch it up. Though it is a sequel to Karthikeya, it is a standalone one. You need not watch first part to get this.

What a movie, a mythological thriller and and interesting subject. A subject that needs to be carefully handled with lots of research and they portrayed it brilliantly.

A hard subject and difficult to present, but Kudos to the makers. Just go for it if you need a change. We need more of these kind of movies. Never heard of this hero but it didn't really matter, the movie is unique.

The BGM elevates it to a different level, especially during the gripping second half. Probably can say a "National Treasure" type with culture, science, divinity and history added

All marks for bringing on this unique subject.
balenoed_ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 09:45   #2740
BHPian

Watched Tirandaj Shabar yesterday (just landed on Hoichoi). 4/5.
Well scripted, faithful to the novel.

The only thing I found disconcerting was the way the background music suddenly increased in volume at times. Particularly as we watched it in the night when the kids were sleeping.

In this series of movies (this is the 3rd), Saswata Chatterjee (who non-Bengalis would remember as the contract killer Bob Biswas in the original Kahani) plays a pot-bellied cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Pakka Commercial (telugu)

Streaming: Amazon

The movie highlights the present rot in the India judiciary system. The supposedly court room dramas are too cold, the lawyer in the movie is more interested in flexing physical muscles rather than the mental ones. Okay movie, can see once if no other good option available. I didnt find Gopichand of any actor in the league of Naani etc

Rating: 2.5/5
Agree. Middling movie. Too sentimental and predictable also. 2-2.5 is about right.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th September 2022 at 09:33. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 00:38   #2741
KPR
BANNED

Gargi 5/5. Must watch. Huge respect to the entire movie team.
KPR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 23:51   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Gargi 5/5. Must watch. Huge respect to the entire movie team.
Agree wholeheartedly. Crisp, not preachy. Doesn't go overboard which is the case typically with all movies on sensitive topics,
Old 30th August 2022, 11:15   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Agree wholeheartedly. Crisp, not preachy. Doesn't go overboard which is the case typically with all movies on sensitive topics,
Completely Agree - Also hats-off to R.S.Shivaji for owning the role and performing with subtlety.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:55   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post
Thanks guys hope you were able to watch the film with the family, i was the cinematographer on this one. it is a total family entertainer
I just finished watching your interview with Dhanya! Never knew you did Sherni too, which is another of my favorites! You are doing awesome stuff brother. All I can say is Thank You
VNair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 07:41   #2745
Distinguished - BHPian

Priyan Ottathilanu - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-mv5bztviodczymytyjbmmy00njhjltg0zjytmdizowq3zjezn2m5xkeyxkfqcgdeqxvymjkxnzq1ndi._v1_.jpg

Kept very low expectation on this one but was surprised. Nothing over the top but enjoyed this one. Everyone acted pretty well and please keep a close watch on Sharafudheen's dad. A very small role but he was pretty nice (short tempered).

Overall, a good one.

Rating - 4/5 (Manorama Max)
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks