Team-BHP Support

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Now tell me who is learning from whom.

Attachment 2317803

Attachment 2317804

Let me come back after watching Vikram.
Sorry man, but have you watched Lokesh’s Kaithi? There’s a kickass sequence towards the end similar to this one - Karthi wields a minigun. Here is the poster:

The Regional movies thread!-349fc5af13884262a4665e8d1b12b1e5.jpeg

I’m pretty sure by the time KGF 2 hit the screens, Vikram would have entered post-production.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2022 at 06:08.
Gannu_1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 11:12   #2567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Allright, I have not see Vikram yet, but saw these below scenes in the trailer. Might look familiar if you have seen KGF2. Now tell me who is learning from whom.

Let me come back after watching Vikram.
There lies your answer. You did not watch Vikram.

And Gannu has already answered your other point- use of heavy arms to provide the shock & awe factors in Khaithi released in 2019.

Nonetheless, KGF2 is a haphazard story with poorly written characters which lacked any depth and the narration only relying on absurd Shock & Awe tactics every time instead of creating any semblance of rationale for the hype created in the prequel.

When it comes to the brilliance of movie making, Vikram is an absolute masterpiece.

Last edited by poised2drive : 8th June 2022 at 11:14.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 12:29   #2568
BHPian

Vikram - 4/5. Long review. But couldnt resist.

Watched this move twice in theater in the last 1 week. First time, managed to get only a third row seat from the screen and hence couldnt see and hear the movie better.
But the movie definitely craved for a second time theater watch

This is a movie where you will definitely enjoy it more in a theatre and no amount of "Home theatre" experiences would match it.

Big "fan boy" moments for all Kamal fans like me, especially seeing him in a movie after 4 years.

Lot of expectations on the movie right from the day it was announced, seeing the teaser, trailer, promos, star cast. Some of the best in business like - Director Lokesh Kanagaraj, my personal favorite Fahadh, VJS, Chemban, etc). It definitely didn't disappoint.
As in the first title teaser released a year ago, its a feast.

Special Mention and Full Marks to Anirudh's BGM which ensures you enjoy the entire 2 hours to the fullest, elevating all the scenes.
Been crazily looking around for the entire movie BGM. Any leads to get it is highly appreciated In fact want to experience going on a long drive hearing the BGM alone

Fahadh - Cant stop admiring this talent. Yet another masterpiece of acting from him. He keeps on increasing his own bar of acting in every movie he lives.

Its not a hidden secret that Kamal dominates lot of departments in his movies. If GVM's Vettayadu Villayadu was one which broke the above statement, Vikram is another.
Lokesh Kanagaraj, just in his 4th movie (surprised to know that he hasnt worked as an Assistant Director much) again doesn't disappoint here, especially handling a stalwart like Kamal.
But very few appreciate a factor that Kamal has also provided equal space to perform to great talents like Delhi Ganesh, Jayaram, Urvashi, Kovai Sarala, etc. Vikram has multiple in this movie.

Don't miss any moments of the movie - especially Interval Block - Goosebumps moments.
There were a lot of applause moments as well on the importance given to some characters who have less screen presence and to the detailing

My spouse was more amused by this and was funnily making a comment - lots to learn from other directors who have claimed to have made Fan Boy movies like Petta, Beast, etc

There are also some Loose Ends in the movie - but the overall movie experience over shadows everything.

Also very excited about the expectation this movie has created for sequels, prequels, spin offs etc. Would love to see this coming up like the Bourne Series movies if taken well

Overall - Full Paisa Vasool for audience and the makers of the movie
hamster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 15:14   #2569
Senior - BHPian

Kamal Haasan gifts a Rolex watch to Rolex Sir Suriya.

The Regional movies thread!-20220608_151147.jpg

The Regional movies thread!-20220608_151149.jpg

Name:  20220608_151153.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  44.8 KB

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th June 2022 at 15:15.
Old 8th June 2022, 17:11   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Watched RRR(in Hindi) on Netflix. Now I don't know if its because of shoddy dubbing but couldn't see why this one became such a roaring hit. VFX scenes were done well and that dance was high energy. But that's about it. Liked Ramcharan's part but NTR not so much. NTR Jr. seemed to be just about-to-cry all the time even if its a happy/sad/angry scene. And what was Alia doing there?

I would rate 2.5/5 at best for the VFX and dance.

Guess after Bahubali my expectation from SSR movies was a little too high. That series was EPIC

P.S: Is Vikram dubbed in Hindi?

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th June 2022 at 17:19.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 18:24   #2571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
P.S: Is Vikram dubbed in Hindi?
Yes. And going by what Hindi YouTube reviewers have mentioned, the dubbing has been done very well.
As everyone has suggested, do watch Kaithi by the same director before you watch Vikram because there are a few references to the older movie.

Kaithi is freely available in Hindi dub on YouTube but dubbing is not done well. I would recommend you catch it on Hotstar in its original instead of the dubbed version.

9 Hours on Hotstar
Rated 0.5/5

This is Telugu tv series with English subtitles. The makers have incorporated other Indian languages in the audio too.
I would not recommend this series to anyone. There are plot holes in the series that are so big that one can test drive their latest SUVs through them.
The series is set in the 80s and 3 prisoners are made to escape from prison, form 3 teams to rob 3 different branches of a bank. 2 heists are done without a hitch but the 3rd branch is where the "action" is.
Many-a-times during my unfortunate viewing, I felt all the male hostages could have easily overcome the 3 robbers who are always fighting amongst themselves and waltzed out of the bank who's main door is only locked with a single overhead latch (kadi).
I would recommend an avoid to this lacklustre heist drama, unless one has absolutely nothing to do for 4.5 hours since each episode is thankfully just 30 minutes long.

Last edited by Ithaca : 8th June 2022 at 18:31. Reason: Adding context.
Old 10th June 2022, 09:44   #2572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Doctor - Tamil
I had the misfortune of seeing this one and crashing down my expectations from movie. Had I seen the BHP reviews I wouldnt have dared.

The lead actor was such a wooden faced actor. The plot was written by a novice guy I guess. What was supposed to be a Thriller turned out to be a comedy which wasnt even enjoyable. I made myself a promise to see only those movies recommended in this forum.

Rating: 1/5
Old 10th June 2022, 11:08   #2573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sorry man, but have you watched Lokesh’s Kaithi? There’s a kickass sequence towards the end similar to this one - Karthi wields a minigun. Here is the poster:
I rarely watch Tamil/Hindi movies now a days. Last Karthi movie I watched was Theeran which was a disappointment (or say makers ruined it). Based on your post and mini gun picture I watched Kaithi couple of days back. Leaving few unbelievable scenes/sequences I found it very good. Thanks!

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th June 2022 at 11:10.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 11:59   #2574
BHPian

Innale Vare (Malayalam), on Sony Liv.

Watched with no expectations and turned out to be a decent movie - Nimisha is in her elements and Asif plays his part; but was disappointed with expression-less Anthony!

Decent Thriller - one-time watch.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 12:34   #2575
Senior - BHPian

Pada (Malayalam): Amazon Prime

Top class movie about a real incident. Very well made and well acted by everyone.
I missed it out earlier and watched it on recommendation of my brother.

I must say, a very good decision.
vibbs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 14:09   #2576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post

If you want to have elevations and hype for the characters, this is how you do ( lessons for Prashant Neel who made a comical nonsense of the elevation scenes in KGF2 )
Everyone has his style of directing/making movies and I loved what Prashant Neel did with KGF and don't think learning from elsewhere would have made movie very different. Some may like it others may not which is ok. For instance I like Kamal Hassan and watched Virumaandi after reading rave reviews- movie was not to my liking and was a utter waste of time.

Last edited by PrideRed : 10th June 2022 at 14:15.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 12:22   #2577
Distinguished - BHPian

Makers of KGF, Hombale Films, to enter the Malayalam film industry with Prithviraj Sukumaran’s Tyson.

Quote:
Get ready to be astonished by our brave defender. Time to unshackle the chains and resuscitate the system

The Regional movies thread!-fu42wiuaiain5fb.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th June 2022 at 12:24.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 21:38   #2578
BHPian

Chandramukhi (marathi)
Watched this movie in a theatre. 3.5/5
While the story, cast, Ajay Atul's music is good; direction should have been better. Amruta Khanvilkar lacks conviction, looks old for this role.

Sher Shivraj (marathi)
Watched it on Amazon Prime. 2/5
All these series movies by Digpal Lanjekar are getting better over time but starkly shows how budget stripped marathi movies are. The movie disappoints on many fronts. I really wish Marathi industry had directors like Rajamouli or even Sanjay Leela Bhansali to portray the great warrior Chhatrapati Shivaji maharaj magnificently on 70mm.

Vikram (hindi)
Watched this in a theatre. 3/5
I seriously don't understand the hype around this movie. Typical masala flick, Kamal Hasan's fan boys would love this larger than life kinda role.
What I liked the most in this movie is background music. It's simply brilliant.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 06:09   #2579
Senior - BHPian

Watched KGF 2 in Hindi.

What a mindless action flick that ridicules even the PMO.

The background music felt good. Other than that, it looked more like a modeling assignment for Yash than anything else. I felt the first part was a bit better.
Old 12th June 2022, 10:35   #2580
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Should I be watching Don starring Sivakartikeyan? The last movie Doctor was a disaster in terms of choice.

Any good Kannada movies available on streaming?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks