Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2022, 18:20   #2551
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Vikram (Tamil) 5/5

The Regional movies thread!-images-25.jpeg

As an action thriller, this is an awesome movie. And Ulakanayakan is back with a bang !

Best to watch in a large theater with good sound effects. I would rate this higher than KGF & RRR for pure entertainment value.

Direction, action sequences all good, almost similar to Kaithi.

Kamal Hasan shows he is still a force to reckon. Pure swag and good acting seamlessly integrated.

Fahad Fasil , delivers what's expected. The physical presence (or lack of it) is compensated beautifully by his acting skill.

Vijay sethupathi, man ! What an intro scene he got. Role is similar to the one in Master, but he manages to pull it off nicely.

Anirudh's BGM is brilliant. Gave few goosebumps.

And the cameo appearance and sequence by Surya, awesome. The hint for a Kaithi crossover and second part increases the excitement.

Better to watch it now before Bollywood remakes & and butchers

After a long time, i have got 100% satisfaction from an Indian movie from theater. Delivered what's expected and some.
Asish_VK is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 18:33   #2552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Vikram (Tamil) 5/5...

...After a long time, i have got 100% satisfaction from an Indian movie from theater. Delivered what's expected and some.

I think you covered whatever I would have wanted to say about Vikram! It’s one of those fast paced action movies with intelligent screenplay.

What stood out for me:

—Kamal has ensured more than adequate space and screen time for Fahad and Vijay sethupathi. Purely for performance, Fahad really stood out.

—There is no single dull moment or lag anywhere. I just couldn’t feel the time fly by.

—Kamal has got the energy even now! He has to just choose to work with the right directors and let those directors do their job well.

—Lokesh knows his craft! Easily one of the most exciting directors down south, if he is given his space.

One of the misses in the movie was Vijay Sethupathi’s voice modulation, couldn’t really understand the words at times.

Vikram seems too perfect and too good to be true. An ageing superstar plays his age, gives adequate space to the other performers, and yet delivers everything he is known for, and finally a director who has managed to get Kamalhassan to do what he wants!

Lastly, I just couldn’t believe the way this movie was marketed! From day one they kept the excitement on. And Kamal apparently flew to many countries as well as many cities within India to promote the movie in just the one week before release. Very similar to how the RRR team did the promos.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th June 2022 at 07:24. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 05:27   #2553
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I saw the movie and enjoyed Prithviraj's role more than anybody else in the movie. The student leader, the judge were all super hamming. One time watch movie I would say. But the rating given by most over here in my opinion is bit over the edge.

My rating: 3/5 (personal)
Did you watch it in Malayalam, which is the original soundtrack?
As someone had mentioned earlier on this thread, there is no way the dubbed versions can recreate the impact of the original dialogues.

If yes and you still found the ratings by most as over the top, then I suppose expectations are varied, hence understandable.
Old 6th June 2022, 14:43   #2554
Distinguished - BHPian

Amul celebrates the mega success of VIKRAM!

The Regional movies thread!-fui9xqnxwaagqop.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 16:23   #2555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Better to watch it now before Bollywood remakes & and butchers
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
And Kamal apparently flew to many countries as well as many cities within India to promote the movie in just the one week before release. Very similar to how the RRR team did the promos.
Was just checking the Box Office figures of Vikram Movie to see if this will become another RRR/KGF2 types - but the numbers are coming in majorly from South. Has not caught the attention of the Hindi belt...

Name:  HindiBelt.png
Views: 340
Size:  13.8 KB

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 6th June 2022 at 16:24.
Old 6th June 2022, 17:17   #2556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Was just checking the Box Office figures of Vikram Movie to see if this will become another RRR/KGF2 types - but the numbers are coming in majorly from South. Has not caught the attention of the Hindi belt...

Attachment 2317128
I think it was not marketed like RRR / KGF in north.

RRR being a Rajamouli film who is well established as a Pan India director with Bahubali, helped the marketing a lot in north.

KGF got the crazy level of attention from allover India since its a second part of a superhit movie (just like BB1 & BB2 & views gained from OTT), First part was not a huge hit (Compared to part 2) in north during its theatrical run.

I think Vikram - 3 will be having a similar response from North too.

Kaithi, is getting remade to Hindi, starring Ajay Devgun. I believe, If Kaithi was dubbed and released to Hindi and marketed well, Vikram would've been recognized more.

Edit: Looking at increase in the word of mouth popularity the movie is gaining, I think this is going to be a Pushpa kind of hit in north by next week.

Last edited by Asish_VK : 6th June 2022 at 17:22.
Old 6th June 2022, 19:40   #2557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As someone had mentioned earlier on this thread, there is no way the dubbed versions can recreate the impact of the original dialogues.
I can follow (to some extent) a few south Indian languages and always make it a point to watch the movies in original language with subtitles. Even if it is dubbed in Telugu, I would prefer the original language version. The timing, lip sync and most important the flavour of the movie is better in the original movie, I couldn't find any movie which is an exception to this.
Old 6th June 2022, 21:23   #2558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Didnt see that super impact bomb scene that was there in the trailer and then the movie ends with a Prithviraj dialogue that gives a high chance for a 2nd part.
Yes, that teaser is for the 2nd part which portrays his revenge. Rarely we see a scene from part 2 used for part 1 teaser.

The entire production (movie/teaser) came out really good.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 21:23   #2559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While I agree. It is not easy for someone totally unfamiliar with the language to follow.

My motivation for seeing Mallu movies started with Tamil dubbing of Mamuka's The Truth way back in 1998. It was a blink it or you'll miss it kind of movie. Neither the Malayalam noob in me would have understood nor would it have released in Virudhunagar's Amritraj theater at that time.

I've seen Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada movies over time, so can half understand and watch in original language with subtitles. Can't say the same level of confidence with Marathi or Bengali movies.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 11:16   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Vikram (Tamil) 5/5

After a long time, i have got 100% satisfaction from an Indian movie from theater. Delivered what's expected and some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I think you covered whatever I would have wanted to say about Vikram! It’s one of those fast paced action movies with intelligent screenplay.
I think both of you covered all the points I wanted to say.

What a movie !

What an absolute feast for the movie buffs.

From the day it was announced that FaFa & VJS would appear alongside Ulaganayakan, I could not stop the excitement, which only increased after the movie released and the excitement never stopped a moment throughout the movie.

If you want to have elevations and hype for the characters, this is how you do ( lessons for Prashant Neel who made a comical nonsense of the elevation scenes in KGF2 )

I enjoyed every bit of the movie till the end, which is quite rare these days.

The era of LCU (Lokesh Kanagaraj's Cine Universe) begins

Rating 5/5

PS: Do watch Karthi's Khaithi ( Which is a brilliant movie ) before you watch Vikram to acquire the taste of LCU
poised2drive is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 14:14   #2561
BHPian

Any ideas on which OTT streams Kuttavum Sikshayum (Malayalam)?
Old 7th June 2022, 14:37   #2562
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Any ideas on which OTT streams Kuttavum Sikshayum (Malayalam)?
I don't think its on OTT yet. Heard that it had a pretty poor run in cinemas, so OTT could happen soon.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 21:27   #2563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I don't think its on OTT yet. Heard that it had a pretty poor run in cinemas, so OTT could happen soon.
Most recent Malayalam movies, even those with fairly good reviews have been disasters at the box office. Looks like people now just wait for 3-4 weeks for movies to come on OTT. Only massive large scale entertainers with a lot of hype like KGF2, Bheeshma Parvam, RRR, Beast, Vikram are able to attract audience to the theaters in the initial days. Even among these, what I read was both RRR and Beast did not recover invested money for the distributors in Kerala.

Also, promotion strategy of most Malayalam movies is very poor. Only folks like us who follow cinema closely even are aware of some of the new releases.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 22:42   #2564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
If you want to have elevations and hype for the characters, this is how you do ( lessons for Prashant Neel who made a comical nonsense of the elevation scenes in KGF2 )
What!! Are you kidding? KGF has proved that it is one of the epitome of character elevation and hype. The reception it got says it all - period!

Allright, I have not see Vikram yet, but saw these below scenes in the trailer. Might look familiar if you have seen KGF2. Now tell me who is learning from whom.

The Regional movies thread!-kgf1.jpg

The Regional movies thread!-kgf2.jpg

Let me come back after watching Vikram.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 7th June 2022 at 22:44.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 05:18   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Jana Gana Mana (Malayalam)- Netflix

I would have loved if they closed the movie 15 mins before it actually did. Absolutely un-needed justification and back story for Prithviraj.

I always felt Prithviraj the star is weak-link in most of his movies and this hold true to Jana Gana Mana as well although I felt this was still among his better performances. Suraj is great as usual.

Over all a decent one time watch if you ignore the ending.

RRR (Hindi dubbed)- Netflix

It is extravagant, it is illogical, it is over the top. But it is fun.

I watched this movie with my home theater in full blast more than once. Leave your brains out and you will enjoy. Ignore all connections to the freedom struggle.

Last edited by vibbs : 8th June 2022 at 05:23.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks