Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 17:06   #2491
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Regional movies thread!

Puzhu : I turned the TV off after an hour. Thr story line was exactly at the same spot even after an hour. Could not finish watching it. It was that slow for me.

Beast : Strangley I could finish watching this. I’m still scratching my head to determine if this was a comedy or a cartoon or a super hero or action or what…
Old 16th May 2022, 17:30   #2492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Bangalore Days (2014)
I like movies under Anjali Menon's direction.

Don't ever dare seeing Tamil remakes of subtle Mallu movies.

We like our movies dumb and loud, everything has to be spelled out for us. You dare making anything outside masala, we'll brand you and art movie maker

If you have not realized this fact, I dare you to watch Manichitrathazhu and Chandramukhi back-to-back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I’m still scratching my head to determine
That's how Nelson's movies are.

Last edited by narayans80 : 16th May 2022 at 17:33.
narayans80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 17:48   #2493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I dare you to watch Manichitrathazhu and Chandramukhi back-to-back
Unfortunately I have had the wonderful experience of watching Chandramukhi on the first day first show (12.30 am show at Forum Mall, Bangalore. Yes, in the night). Needless to say, I was able to doze off a few times during the movie, Inspite of all the celebrations that occur during a Rajni movie on the first day.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 18:13   #2494
BHPian

Puzhu

Rating - 2/5

I totally agree to most of the above reviews. Was expecting some thing or the other. My bad. Was an all in all Mamooty movie. And the kid to some extent. Lot of things remained in the grey - what happened to wife, what was Mamootys profession with all that business discussions. However, that is
finally revealed towards the end. But then what was he doing driving a Audi RS at all times. We can surely assume a lot of things to answer these questions. And maybe that is exactly what the director wanted from us.

Upacharapoorvam Gunda Jayan

Rating 2.5/5

There were a few laughs here and there. Not so boring, but still a little stretched out. Story was kinda similar to Thinklazhcha Nischayam. The best part I felt is about Saiju Kurup, who is turning out to be the Toilet Hero of malayalam film industry... He is kinda perfected the act of being toilet deprived with the right set of expressions. Check out the movie Janamaithri, if not already watched.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 18:25   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately I have had the wonderful experience of watching Chandramukhi on the first day first show
My intention was not to target Chandramukhi or Rajini. I am a Rajini fan too, I saw Chandramukhi first-day-first-show in an overbooked theater in Atlanta in another life.

My point was, don't expect Tamil remakes to have the same subtleties as their Mallu originals. There is a separate fan base that promotes movies like Thanmathra, which will see very poor patronage in Tamil.

One of the rare Tamil remakes that far exceeded the original was Basha.
Old 16th May 2022, 20:27   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

Beast : Strangley I could finish watching this. I’m still scratching my head to determine if this was a comedy or a cartoon or a super hero or action or what…
Same here. Watched it as a parody, and liked it.
Old 16th May 2022, 21:09   #2497
Senior - BHPian

KGF2 is already on Prime Movie is still running in theatres, and makes for a baffling case scenario
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 22:13   #2498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
KGF2 is already on Prime
It's available on Prime as rental option which is not a part of subscription.

The Regional movies thread!-20220516_221014.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th May 2022 at 22:16.
Old 16th May 2022, 22:54   #2499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore Days (2014) : 4 / 5

What a delightful movie with a simple but excellent storyline. I guess I'm quite late with this review of a 2014 hit, but still I'm assuming there are others who might not have seen this gem of a movie.

I'm wondering if it's worth watching the Tamil remake of this movie - I don't want to mess up the nice after-feel of this movie.
Bangalore Days was probably THE movie in the last 10 years that really kick-started the popularity of Malayalam movies to a pan India audience. It was a magical movie in the way Anjali Menon took it and the way the cast performed. Tremendous repeat value. Any time I see it playing on TV, I end up watching it. The Tamil version was probably the worst remake in the history of Tamil cinema.

If you have not watched it yet, Ustad Hotel maybe be a movie you will enjoy.
Rajeevraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 04:42   #2500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Bangalore Days was probably THE movie in the last 10 years that really kick-started the popularity of Malayalam movies to a pan India audience. It was a magical movie in the way Anjali Menon took it and the way the cast performed. Tremendous repeat value. Any time I see it playing on TV, I end up watching it. The Tamil version was probably the worst remake in the history of Tamil cinema.

If you have not watched it yet, Ustad Hotel maybe be a movie you will enjoy.
Totally agree with both of these. I can sit n watch them both innumerous times even today! The same goes for the BGM of these movies as well.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 08:59   #2501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
KGF2 is already on Prime Movie is still running in theatres, and makes for a baffling case scenario
Has happened a few times. Vada Chennai and Petta were running in theaters (albeit lesser shows a day) when they were released on OTT.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 09:53   #2502
BHPian

For all the gujju folks in the forum and to the readers, just binge-watched 'Dear Father' on Prime video over the last weekend.

Paresh Rawal is at his usual-best and he is well complemented by others (Manasi Parekh and Chetan Dhamani), and the story itself is very relatable. Highly recommended.
jigar1791@gmail is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:09   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
For all the gujju folks in the forum and to the readers, just binge-watched 'Dear Father' on Prime video over the last weekend.

Paresh Rawal is at his usual-best and he is well complemented by others (Manasi Parekh and Chetan Dhamani), and the story itself is very relatable. Highly recommended.
I am a big Paresh fan, however, when I read the plot on IMDB, it seems its a remake of the Marathi movie "Aapla Manus" (Our Man) which stars Nana Patekar (brilliant performance) and produced by Ajay Devgn.

Meanwhile, watched Etharkkum Thunindhavan on Netflix (Hindi dubbed). One time watch with predictable storyline.
denzdm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:29   #2504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore Days (2014)
One of the few movies of Fahadh Faasil where he doesn't outshine the others with his acting capabilities.
Taking the four lead characters in the movie:

Nivin's and Nazriya's have reasonably normal lives.
DQ's had many issues during childhood but he has become a "rebel" and has only a few inner demons left.
But Fahad's' is going through the most difficult times of his life - not an easy character to play. Fahad's performance is one of his best. It probably does not stand out because the director has ensured equal space for all four of them.

I think that as one watches this movie more times, they start to notice Fahad's acting more and more.
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:44   #2505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Nivin's and Nazriya's have reasonably normal lives.
Nazriya's life is normal? If I recall correctly (it's been a while since I saw the movie): her education abruptly ended and she was married off, only to get stuck in a large empty flat in an unknown city with few friends. It is only in the second half of the movie that she started to assert herself, showing the drive to lead her own life?
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks