Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 10:36   #1771
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Naandhi - Telugu

IMDB and google rating caught my eye but wasn't all that great. The lead actor was pretty good and acted well. But other than that, it's just another courtroom drama, police brutality etc.

On similar line, I would recommend Visaranai - Tamil any day even though the violence is too much in that.

Rating - 3/5 (one time watch)
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 11:40   #1772
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone catch ‘Teddy’ ?
Tried the Tamil one for about half hour and couldn’t proceed. Not sure if the movie gets interesting later.
Old 15th March 2021, 12:26   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Did anyone catch ‘Teddy’ ?
Tried the Tamil one for about half hour and couldn’t proceed. Not sure if the movie gets interesting later.
You did good to get out in 30 mins; those first few min are the best part of the movie!
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 19:50   #1774
Senior - BHPian

[Guptodhoner Sandhane & Durgeshgorer Guptodhon - Bengali, Prime Video]

These are two movies, the second sequel to the first. :-) Both are adventure / treasure hunt movies (Guptodhon in Bengali means hidden treasure) and despite the tacky production, ill-defined characters and swiss cheese plots, quite enjoyable.

The treasure hunters are a team of three - Prof. Subarna Sen who's an historian from Oxford, his nephew Abir and the nephew's girlfriend Jhinuk. The first movie has a treasure hidden in a mansion inherited by Abir and the second, at the ancestral palace of one of the professor's students. The plots unfurl similarly mostly - though I personally felt the clues in the first movie were better thought out that the ones in the second.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 00:30   #1775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Saajan Bakery Since 1962 - Malayalam

Don't even bother watching it. Not worth the time. Ganesh Kumar was the only interesting character in the whole film. I did feel in many occasions, the movie diverts to one topic, stops abruptly and then focus on another situation with no relevant purpose. IMDB and Google rating says it all.
What a confused movie. And super drag too. Am still trying to make some sense out of the movie or even connect it to a story, there seems nothing at all.
Old 28th March 2021, 08:03   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
You did good to get out in 30 mins; those first few min are the best part of the movie!
They called it a Kids movie. Even my son went to play after watching the movie for 1 Hr, since we started, we just let the movie run and complete
Old 28th March 2021, 08:05   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What a confused movie. And super drag too. Am still trying to make some sense out of the movie or even connect it to a story, there seems nothing at all.
Yes pretty unusual to have nothing except for the cream bun part remembering good old school days and office days
Old 28th March 2021, 08:20   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So, I wasn’t alone when I felt exactly this way. I genuinely tried. My wife went almost more than half the movie. And no, we couldn’t, and we pulled back. Just didn’t know where it was going.

That Bakery is best avoided.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 11:51   #1779
Distinguished - BHPian

Tsunami - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-screenshot_3.png

What a disaster! I should have read the poor ratings on Google but wanted to watch something regional on Sunday. Pathetic storyline and acting. Avoid it.

Rating - 0/5
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 16:59   #1780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tsunami - Malayalam

Attachment 2138145

What a disaster! I should have read the poor ratings on Google but wanted to watch something regional on Sunday. Pathetic storyline and acting. Avoid it.

Rating - 0/5
I was just coming here to post on this. Stopped some way into the movie. Hard to believe that someone would make a movie that too a 2 hr one around that one incident

I thought Lal Jr was better than this.
Old 30th March 2021, 05:12   #1781
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
So, I wasn’t alone when I felt exactly this way. I genuinely tried. My wife went almost more than half the movie. And no, we couldn’t, and we pulled back. Just didn’t know where it was going.

That Bakery is best avoided.
And here I was trying to convince my wife saying let's try watching it, despite the unfavourable reviews.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:22   #1782
Senior - BHPian

I finally managed to catch The Great Indian Kitchen. Loved it. Nimisha and Suraj were superb.

The person who played the father in law was terrific.(don’t know his name). Good movie.
Old 3rd April 2021, 08:06   #1783
Distinguished - BHPian

Irul - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-screenshot_9.png

Started off like any other typical horror/thriller, got little bit interesting midway and then it was a downhill. Nothing new or exciting, it's just an ordinary thriller which we have seen countless times. Disappointed. The acting and cinematography was good though.

Rating - 2/5
Old 3rd April 2021, 13:07   #1784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Irul - Malayalam

Attachment 2139935

Started off like any other typical horror/thriller, got little bit interesting midway and then it was a downhill. Nothing new or exciting, it's just an ordinary thriller which we have seen countless times. Disappointed. The acting and cinematography was good though.

Rating - 2/5
Completely agree. What a disappointment this one was. Acting was good by Fahad. The screaming/shouting scenes by Soubin did not carry any conviction particularly the tone/pitch of his voice did not match his expression. Too many loopholes in the story and it never really took off. Somehow we ended up watching it till the end.
Old 3rd April 2021, 15:52   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Saw this movie. The strength of this film lies purely on the performance of its two main lead roles played by Tovino Thomas & Sumesh Moor. They give it their all in this fight to the death kind of duel with their raw fights. The story is a subtle one, but there is so much symbolism on the difference between the economic and social background of it's two characters conflicting over a past issue. The camera work is top notch with some amazing tracks. I would give this a 3/5.

Last edited by TrackDay : 3rd April 2021 at 15:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks