Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 16:34   #871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Reckon you would be the first to watch it here. Look forward to the review. Hope it lives up!

I am especially careful not to watch overhyped movies first day first show. This trick has saved me quite a bagful of money over the last few years.
A friend of mine went for Kites last evening for the Paid Preview Show.

Her reaction can be summed in the following gtalk status message "please don't watch Kites even if you are paid to do so". Thank god I got saved of the torture!

Last edited by MileCruncher : 21st May 2010 at 16:36.
Old 21st May 2010, 17:42   #872
Senior - BHPian

Kites

Verdict 2/5. One time watch ONLY for the cinematography and Barbara Mori.

It's a typical Bollywood movie made in total Hollywood style - no hindi dialogues, no multiple songs - just the movie. And it still drags a lot. The movie is about 2 hours long and it feels like 4. The editing is slow and some scenes are slower too.

A couple of shots like Hrithik's dancing and some lovey dovey moments between the leads is all that the movie has to offer. The music is dissapointing too.

Hrithik tries too hard too impress and get his way into Hollywood but this is not his one of the better performances. Rest of the cast is ok and Barbara Mori - she has smile that starts from the bottom of her heart and lights up her eyes......

If you do not watch it - well nothing much lost.
Old 21st May 2010, 23:31   #873
BHPian

My fired saw a paid preview of kites yesterday.
I havent got a detailed review yet from him. But his overall reaction was, its an OK movie. Nothing great about it.
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:28   #874
BHPian

Just Returned from kites.
I found it to be very very bore and bakwass movie!
I even liked mithun movies to be better. Trust me, I can see & do watch all kind of hindi movies, rather more often than not , all of them.

Kites is best avoided!

and that guy playing the bad guy looks like a joke.
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:30   #875
Senior - BHPian

Kites review is as i expected ,saved myself
Old 22nd May 2010, 13:03   #876
Senior - BHPian

Kites

I had great expectations from this movie. Trailers were hot and i was expecting it to be entertaining. What turned out was quite the opposite.

The movie is painfully slow. The story is clinched but they have tried to maintain some suspense which is kinda ok but with some imagination you can know where it is going.

The cinematography is really good, the action is good by Bollywood standard. 3 songs - i love. And i liked the Fire in the sky song. Dance in that song is cool. Expected from hrithik. Kangana compliments him really well in this dance.

The chemistry between Hrithik & Barbara is superb, they both complement each other very well. If not for this, the movie would have been a disaster. Hrithik's emotions are awesome. Some notable moments like when he teaches Barbara to speak ' Mein ullu ki paathi hu' or when he says 'me too' is exceptional. He has done his part well, too bad the story was not good. Barbara looks stunning and acts really well. Nicholas brown doesn't have personality to play a bad character. Bedi is just there so is Kangana

There are couple of funny moments. Vegas looks awesome and so does Mexico and new Mexico.

It surely is one time watchable but i expect the english version to better since it will be edited by 30 mins to make it shorter.

3/5. 1.5 for hrithik, songs/action/cinematography/backgrnd score makes up the rest.

Last edited by chevelle : 22nd May 2010 at 13:05.
Old 24th May 2010, 00:33   #877
Senior - BHPian

Just Watched Kites .and Above Comments Sums Up almost.Yes ,a One time Watch.Not Much Resembling a Hindi Cinema. Will give 2/5.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:58   #878
BHPian

Kites: I'll go against the tide here.... I liked it!! Yes i did. It's not slow by any means,it keeps you engrossed,wonderful fallback and progresses from the flashback scenes. And then there is Barbara Mori....ummm 'Bonita'The Hindi Movies Thread-barbara-mori.jpg. What can i say..she's got a smile to bring one back from the dead..he he. She's such a refreshing change from all the PC's,KK's, more KK's of our industry.
Hrithek-one word-Awesome. He gets into the character he plays like no one else does. His makeover in the opening scene is so realThe Hindi Movies Thread-011.jpg. His 'crying' when he sends Linda away with his friend, is oscar winning stuff( am i going overboard :-) ).
No really yaar, the film is a change from all the crap we are being made to watch (read: Housefull,Blue etc.)
Its a passionate and touching movie,a love story ( and did i mention- I love Love stories) he he he..
Rating:***

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th May 2010 at 17:04. Reason: Please avoid putting entire text in Bold, thanks
Old 31st May 2010, 21:32   #879
Senior - BHPian

Am seeing The burning train. Loved it. 5/5.
Old 1st June 2010, 09:51   #880
Senior - BHPian

Watched a real oldie "Manoranjan" starring Sanjeev Kumar & Jeenat Aman. Simply a great movie, it was way ahead of its times when it was released. Thoroughly enjoyed it...

It was a hindi remake of 'Irma la Douce' (Dir: Billy Wilder).
Old 1st June 2010, 12:24   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Ishiquia" starring Naseer, Vidya Balan and Arshad Warsi

Its a smile story but powerfully told. All characters were nicely woven. I had a good time watching it.

3.5/5
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:00   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Due to severe pressure at home. Decided to watch "Kites" tonight.

Please pray for me!
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:09   #883
Team-BHP Support

And I have booked tickets for Rajneeti - Saturday night show. With family.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:27   #884
Senior - BHPian

You are going for a Prakash Jha movie with Family, All the best

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd June 2010 at 18:30.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:54   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
You are going for a Prakash Jha movie with Family, All the best
Didnt quite get what you mean by that? PJ makes great movies. They are usually gritty, down to earth and certainly can be watchable along with family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Due to severe pressure at home. Decided to watch "Kites" tonight.

Please pray for me!
Last evening went to see "Kites" in theatre.

Firstly, i am appalled at Hrithik and Rakesh Roshan for even thinking up a story like this movie will be appeal to our audience forget about being even reasonably hit?

Hrithik and Barbara Mori had as much chemistry as Amitabh Bachan and Rakhi Sawant will ever have. Everything seemed downright fake. Those longing stares, toothy smile and pain/lust in eyes. It looked like both really worked hard to bring that chemistry into their characters and it's super evident it failed miserably.

As a matter of fact, Barbara Mori never falls in love with him and it amazed me why she eloped with him in first place. Even if she falls in love with him during the course of movie ( as shown), it had zero conviction.

I never liked Hrithik, his body shape is quite weird, almost in-human. However, his face is fabulous and certainly world class material.

Barbara Mori was a disappointment. She neither has looks, character or presence to carry that film through. As a matter of fact, she looked haggard in some scenes. Lines on her face can be seen clearly. However, she is a great advertisement product for toothpaste companies.

This movie is a great example of how film manafacturers fool their audience with misleading trailers. Trailer shows the movie to be fast-paced but, the actual movie can win a snail-pace award two-times over.

This 2-hour movie seemed like 20-hours.

Trust me, i agreed with Hrithik when he says this in a scene in the movie : Spanish Bol Bol Kar Dimag Karab Kar Diya Isne.

I felt my head splitting with so much fast spanish speaking in entire movie. Had it been French (sweetest foreign language to human ears) it would still have been bearable. I just couldnt stand the almost guttural sounding spanish.

I didnt mean to take this movie apart but, i was fuming to have wasted so much time on it.

Cinematography was the only respite and Anurag Basu should get his head examined to have agreed to direct such trash.

Summary of the story : Never get pressurized into watching a movie that you have a gut-feeling that it will be crap.

Rating : 1/5 ( Only for Cinematography)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks