Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 10:24   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Kartik Calling Kartik

The promos were promising and the movie lives up to the hype for ALMOST the running length.

Farhan Akhtar has grown as an actor with every movie and this is his best performance till date. Watch him change from a nervous wreck into a super uber cool dude back to the insecure guy. Deepika is ...how do I put this...yucky would be the closest. She is thin and looks good in the costumes till you see her face.

Music is very good though I wish they had at least one song in full in the movie. There are spooky bits in the 2nd half which is better than the 1st half but as usual the climax weakens the effect.

Verdict - 3/5 - It is a one time watch.
Gautam, I agree with everything you said above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Just back after KCK. And I loved it.

3.75 stars from me.

Mobike008: Do not miss the movie. This is right up our alley
Eddy, Seems like we both were in a movie theatre at the same time.

"Karthik Calling Karthik"

It is one of the most intelligent movies seen in a long time. Its dark, broody and makes you think type of movies. Bollywood is surely maturing taking up subjects like this ( dont want to reveal the plot) and folks like me who despise too colorful movies with dud romantic subjects cootching cooing, there still seems a ray of hope

As everyone said, the first half is weak and uses up a lot of reel time to establish the story but, after it does the movie moves at a fast pace and there are a few scenes that will make you jump out of your skin post interval.

Farhan rocked in this role and as Gautam mentioned his transition from a scared rabbit to growling tiger and back to original self was commendable.

Few highlights/lowlights :-

1. Farhan's voice is terribly weak. He really needs to work on that. Some of the dialouges didn't even reach my ears

2. Deepika Padukone should stick to her face cream ads. If i was the director, i would have selected Kareena or Priyanka. Deepika too has a weak voice and is far from "acting"

3. Majority of the movie was shot in dark tones which emphasized the seriousness. But, that darkness along with Farhan also put me into depression....LOL

4. I liked one song, it was very nice

Overall, its an awesome movie for those looking for some intelligent/thinking cinema.

4/5
Old 1st March 2010, 10:52   #707
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Shez got some weird ,read , reallly weird accent .
She speaks like a lot of Kannadiga girls. I havent seen the movie. Her accent may not be very good but its cute.
Old 1st March 2010, 10:57   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
She speaks like a lot of Kannadiga girls. I havent seen the movie. Her accent may not be very good but its cute.
Exactly. Like saying " What is this" similar to Aenappa
Old 1st March 2010, 12:24   #709
Senior - BHPian

I haven't watch it yet, and have no intention to watch in the near future.
But i somehow feel Teen Patti is a copy of '21'.

BTW '21' is a great movie loosely based on MIT Black Jack team

People who have watched it, please confirm.?
Old 1st March 2010, 12:29   #710
Senior - BHPian

Teen Patti

Verdict - 1/5.
Make sure you do not watch this.

Absolutely boring, useless movie. I slept through it for most of the part. It starts promisingly but then it's downhill from there on...

That 1 star is for that hot hot item number.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:56   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Kartik Calling Kartik

The promos were promising and the movie lives up to the hype for ALMOST the running length.

Farhan Akhtar has grown as an actor with every movie and this is his best performance till date. Watch him change from a nervous wreck into a super uber cool dude back to the insecure guy. Deepika is ...how do I put this...yucky would be the closest. She is thin and looks good in the costumes till you see her face.

Music is very good though I wish they had at least one song in full in the movie. There are spooky bits in the 2nd half which is better than the 1st half but as usual the climax weakens the effect.

Verdict - 3/5
- It is a one time watch.
+1

I enjoyed the movie but wished that the end could have been a bit shorter. I liked the ending too but I agree that some may not like it.

I hadn't liked Farhan's performance in Luck by Chance but liked him in this one. Deepika is looking stunning in this movie & though she doesn't have much of a role she has acted well.

I wish they had some nice dance in the great dance Number 'Hey'

3.75/5
Old 1st March 2010, 14:23   #712
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I hadn't liked Farhan's performance in Luck by Chance but liked him in this one.
Farhan is a natural actor, and his performance in LBC was fine, but it was the rather predictable and cliched storyline which didnt help the movie.
Old 1st March 2010, 14:38   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. Farhan's voice is terribly weak. He really needs to work on that. Some of the dialouges didn't even reach my ears
+1 to that

He needs to work on his voice and stop singing.
Old 1st March 2010, 14:41   #714
Senior - BHPian

Yeah The voice on phone almost sounded as if he is trying to Seduce

@Benny - Yeah probably that's why as I found LBS to be very average.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:15   #715
Senior - BHPian

Is Teen Patti a total copy of 21?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
These awards are nothing but cosmetic in nature. They make good fireplace decorations.
OT: Why just awards? The whole entertainment industry all over the world is cosmetic in nature and absolutely fake. Layers and layers of make-up are put onto the faces of these glorified human-beings, breast-enhancements, plastic-surgeries, fake bosoms, butt-pads, PR articles & news items to glorify them et al and they become highly-respected public figures and legends!!.
I know it is entirely wrong when sportsmen(glorified human-beings too. I believe when you yourself play, it is about sports & when you watch, it is about entertainment) use performance-enhancing drugs why do people fume and it's ok when ugly celebs flaunt fake faces and bodies?!
Let's understand one thing, all this is show-business which means you can't afford to believe what you see & mistake the publicly-projected lives of these guys to be true.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 1st March 2010 at 21:24.
Old 2nd March 2010, 01:54   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Caught RANN yesterday. After a long time here is a movie that grabs you by your throat and shakes you up. No song and dance routine upfront no good lloking babes result = half the hall was empty. It is not a must watch but not as bad as it is being made out to be.

Then came the trailer of TEEN PATTI. It is nothing but a rehash of 'TWENTY ONE' starring Kevin Spacey released a couple of years ago. One Mathematician who has worked out the logic behind teen patti/Flash. 4 obscure guys/students picked up to rake in the moolah based on the algebra wiz's formula spiced up in bollywood style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I haven't watch it yet, and have no intention to watch in the near future.
But i somehow feel Teen Patti is a copy of '21'.

BTW '21' is a great movie loosely based on MIT Black Jack team

People who have watched it, please confirm.?
@SirAlec & Jayabusa

You are spot on regarding 21 see my post above. Do not waste your moolah unless "Teri Niyat Karab Hai"

Last edited by khoj : 2nd March 2010 at 01:56.
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:14   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Source: bollycurry via 55th Filmfare: The Award Goes to...
Best Story: Abhijat Joshi (3 Idiots)
Best Screenplay Award: Rajkumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra (3 Idiots)
Best Dialogue Award: Rajkumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra (3 Idiots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Did'nt they shamelessly used some of the SMS/email jokes in the movie :-) and they win best dialogue award!! ha ha ha
Quote:
These awards are nothing but cosmetic in nature. They make good fireplace decorations.
Yes they are & while I understand that they need to distribute it amonst the top brass I find it really ridiculous that 3I should get award for Story, I mean screen play is still fine but how can they award it a best story & not mention the Author on whose Novel the story is based? At the very least it could have best adaptation of a novel to a movie.

I believe this is just a power play to tell the world that Chetan Bhagat's claims were false, thats it.

Also like Latheesh said, the jokes were very old to anyone who has been reading jokes on internet.

Yes the movie was indeed great but giving these awards was going too far.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:09   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Did'nt they shamelessly used some of the SMS/email jokes in the movie :-) and they win best dialogue award!! ha ha ha
Hey, that sound interesting. Could you point out those jokes buddy.
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:49   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
OT: Why just awards? The whole entertainment industry all over the world is cosmetic in nature and absolutely fake. Layers and layers of make-up are put onto the faces of these glorified human-beings, breast-enhancements, plastic-surgeries, fake bosoms, butt-pads, PR articles & news items to glorify them et al and they become highly-respected public figures and legends!!
I don't know about you mate, but i respect actors based on their acting talent, and not the size of their breasts or butts or the number of their packs.

When i said "cosmetic", i meant "available off the shelf".
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:03   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When i said "cosmetic", i meant "available off the shelf".
Whew, my understanding of you saying those awards are "cosmetic" in nature is they are just nice decoration pieces which in reality are worthless. Hope people dont take these awards seriously and compare them to likes of Arjun Awards et.all

And, thats exactly my understanding of awards which we all know are rigged and these award ceremonies are just increasing in nature. After Filmare, Lux there will be Rex underwear and Baniyan awards etc.

To advertise the product companies will go to any extent.

Waste of our breathe on them. Btw, I never watch these award ceremonies

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks