Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2024, 22:22   #4666
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner_roadster View Post
You should watch Maharaja (Not Maharaj) on Netflix, in my opinion. You won't be able to figure out the plot even after watching more than 95% of the movie.
Not exactly, some keen viewer will definitely figure out the clues scattered all throughout the movie. In fact, one can gauge the climax beforehand as well. I liked that movie only because the director did not spoon fed the audience and challenged the intelligence of the viewer.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 22nd July 2024 at 22:45.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 23:39   #4667
BHPian

The Hindi Movies Thread-mv5bzji1zjm3njutytc1ni00odjmlwi5yjqtmwziztayntfizgy1xkeyxkfqcgc._v1_fmjpg_ux1000_.jpg

Bollywood / India's answer to Raid. A treat for action movie lovers.
Newcomers Lakshya and Raghav did a superb job in portraying their roles. Especially Raghav vas fantastic as the villian.
Actions where choreographed superbly. No un necessary Bollywood masala/songs/melodrama
Highly recommend!

Ps. Please keep your logical thinking away for this one.
Asish_VK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 01:22   #4668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Attachment 2631392

Bollywood / India's answer to Raid. A treat for action movie lovers.
Newcomers Lakshya and Raghav did a superb job in portraying their roles. Especially Raghav vas fantastic as the villian.
Actions where choreographed superbly. No un necessary Bollywood masala/songs/melodrama
Highly recommend!

Ps. Please keep your logical thinking away for this one.
Exactly my thoughts.
Movie was lot of fun although story was predictable. No songs was a good surprise. Raghav was good in his negative role but Lakshya was brilliant in few scenes where he had to show anger and anguish at the same time. My wife kept asking me if he is a nepo kid to land up such a meaty role in dharma production

I will rate this 4/5 easily.

Last edited by harry10 : 24th July 2024 at 01:23.
harry10 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 07:51   #4669
Distinguished - BHPian

Maharaja
OTT : Netflix
4/5

This is one deceptively intelligent movie. I'm not a huge fan of Vijay Sethupathi from the couple of Hindi movies I saw of him primarily due to his funny Hindi accent. However, he is raved for his acting skills.

This movie has everything in huge doses-action, suspense, thriller and mystery. The way the storyline moves keeps you guessing as to what's going to happen next.

The end will shock probably everyone as it could have never imagined that the movie could sway into that direction.

Vijay Sethupathi was fabulous here (we watched in Tamil with subtitles) and this movie is available in almost all languages including Hindi.

Movie director Anurag Kashyap has a full fledged role and he totally excelled in it. I'm wondering why he was cast because we always see him behind the camera- This is one mystery I wasn't able to solve... But, no regrets as he was probably better than Vijay.

Warning- The action is excessive like most South Indian movies and you should be prepared to see lot of "blood"

I think more than acting, kudos to the screenplay and director for this twisty plot.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 15:28   #4670
Distinguished - BHPian

Kill : 4.5 / 5

A fantastic action thriller with absolutely zero bollywood songs (+1 for that) and fast paced for most of the movie. This movie makes no barebones of the violence with everyone having a "hand" in it (pun intended). In a era where all guns blazing seems to be the mantra of Bollywood & Hollywood movies, this movie stands out strong with the lack of guns and yet delivering loads of action.

Best find of the movie - the sarcastic and violent persona of Raghav Juyal; he shines out 100% throughout the movie. This movie might not find a lot of love in Indian movie halls; but it's definitely getting interest overseas; it was announced over way more theaters overseas.

So much is the interest and feedback, that Lionsgate and John Wick franchise production company "87Eleven Entertainment" have plans for an English-language remake of this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Bollywood / India's answer to Raid
+ 1 to this.

And just to add the obvious point, we are talking about the 2011 Indonesian "The Raid"; not the 2018 Bollywood "Raid"
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 16:32   #4671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
[b]Kill :

So much is the interest and feedback, that Lionsgate and John Wick franchise production company "87Eleven Entertainment" have plans for an English-language remake of this movie.
The decision to remake the film by John Wick Director Chad Stahelski for Lionsgate was made even before the movie released here and that has never happened for any Indian film till date. And I certainly think Raghav Juyal is a crazy talent. Having seen him doing his things, the movie should catapult him to newer heights now, much more than his stupendous dance moves.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 08:41   #4672
Team-BHP Support

We started watching Chandu Champion yesterday with 0 expectations. And ended up being very impressed and entertained by the move. I even saw glimpses of Forrest Gump in the narrative. Well done Kartik Aryan, Vijay Raaz and the Farzi actor. Kudos to the director Kabir Khan.

Chandu Champion = 4 stars

It is available on Prime Video and is totally family friendly.
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 04:40   #4673
BHPian

Maharaja
OTT: Netflix
4.5/5

Maharaja is a gem of a movie, but a slow burner, a cracker with a really long wick. I started watching the movie with my wife, who got bored with the slow narrative, and started multi-tasking, taking care of some other work while she listened to the dialogues and peeked every few minutes, but before long, the narrative started to come to a boil. The non-linear narration is well managed, so it doesn't feel forced, clunky, or jerky. Around one hour into the movie, the slow burning movie had turned into a full on noir flick, the execution and finesse bringing to my mind flicks like Keanu Reeve's John Wick films and Denzel Washington's The Equalizer. My wife, who'd been watching it on and off was now fully engrossed in the movie, with all other distractions forgotten, as we both watched with bated breath, as the movie took a serious of successive turns, each darker than the preceding one. The movie, as others have noted, has whiffs of the Korean masterpiece Old Boy, but is a tour de force in its own right. It gives me great joy to note that Indian filmmakers can and do deliver movies of this quality, The director of the movie, Nithilan Swaminathan, is a relatively newcomer in the Tamil film industry, but to see such a young director deliver a movie of this quality is very impressive, and i'm going to keep an eye out for his future works.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th August 2024 at 06:46. Reason: No spoilers please.
supermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 10:37   #4674
Senior - BHPian

Stree-2

What I liked:

1) The lead actors have a great screen presence: Shraddha Kapoor looks radiant, Rajkumar Rao, Pankaj Tripathi, Abhishek Banerjee and Aparshakti Khurana are their usual brilliant selves. Special mention- Tamannah Bhatia for that dance performance.
2) The one liners are there, the small town feel is there.

What I did not:
1) there is no "horror" element anymore, except for a couple of 'scare' moments. The villain is out there, right from the trailer. So it looks more like a scarier Harry Potter film with comedic elements.

2) The action scenes involving the ghosts are too screechy (for my liking). Even with cotton balls firmly inside, I had to close my ears on occasion.

3) Akshay Kumar is now part of the franchise. Why, why? This is one "movie verse" which has its own superstars in the form of the actors above. Bringing in old horses will potentially ruin the audience expectations.

What I wish:
1)They should have built up suspense and a shock value. Beats me as to why they did not, because the audience would have loved it given most of them would have seen Stree-1.
2) While the intersect of a character from another movie was a good plotline, they could have kept it more suspenseful and spine-chilling.

Overall I'd say a 3.5/5, because the franchise has potential IF they continue to keep a level of tease with the audience, instead of "in-your-face" horror.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th August 2024 at 12:20. Reason: Removed a potential spoiler
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 12:00   #4675
Senior - BHPian

Watched Stree 2 yesterday..
In fact, this was my 1st theatre watch after several months.
We loved the original Stree, and was looking forward to this one after hearing all the blockbuster reviews.

However, the film turned out to be a big disappointment.
The original one had great humor throughout, but here there are hardly any moments where we laughed.. some forced laughs here and there.
Also, the music was pretty terrible whereas the original had some fantastic music.

The horror part was extremely loud and unimaginative.. I think the interval portion was the highlight and built up some interest but the movie fell flat post that.
Even Rajkumar Rao and Pankaj Tripathi's performances were average

honestly nothing much I can appreciate, apart from the fact that Shraddha kapoor looked extremely pretty

My wife was equally disappointed.
After the movie, we were discussing if we are becoming too old, as it seems our tastes are not at all matching with the audience in general as the movie is set to break box office records.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 12:23   #4676
Team-BHP Support

We loved Stree 2. We were laughing throughout the first half. But don’t expect it to be a horror movie, it’s a supernatural comedy.

Rare occasion when the sequel is as good.
Stree2 = 4 stars
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 22:34   #4677
Senior - BHPian

Had the pleasure of watching Stree 2 at Rajmandir (jaipur).
It was a house full.
So much hooting and clapping on each entry.
Movie is absolutely a riot.
Horror is obviously less and comedic moments are more which was expected.
For a change I enjoyed Akshays small cameo but the one with another actor was a surprised one.
Movie is completely carried by Rajkumar Rao and Abhishek Banerjee. Pankaj Tripathi has an understated role which as usual he did well.
Tamanna Bhatia item number had huge number of cheers.
Overall a brilliant experience at a movie theatre I always wanted to see a movie and missed watching twice. Don't think any theatre in NCR can match it's experience. 1100 seating capacity and a house full.

Rating - 4.5/5
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-img_3530.jpeg  

The Hindi Movies Thread-img_3548.jpeg  

harry10 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 17:14   #4678
Distinguished - BHPian

8 A.M Metro ZEE5

I finally caught up with the hidden gem starring the brilliant Gulshan Deviah and Sayami Kher. A poignant tale of love, loss and belonging, the movie touches you at the right places. A little slow to start with, the movie gradually moves like a free flowing river. Brilliant movies like this should be seen and cherished. Highly recommended.

Rating: 4/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks