Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2024, 15:02   #4636
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

A twenty something bureaucrat is an Additional Secretary at the Ministry of Defence and a few years later she is the Madam Secretary who accompanies the nation's Prime Minister on his trip to a friendly neighborhood country.

A soldier defies gravity, laws of physics and the principles of aerodynamics to repeatedly bash up the villains inside aeroplanes. Despite his failure to take care of one important asset and being pilloried for it, AK is assigned the role of an air commando - responsible for the lives of a plane full of passengers.

A lissome lady assumes the role of an air hostess and manages to smuggle in fire extinguishers filled up with sulphur, into the cargo bay of an international flight as well as hordes of bar magnets hidden in packed meals. The iconic moment arrives when the red saree clad Disha Patani removes her wig with a flourish to reveal her darker side!

Air Bharath, Arun Katyal, Jinnah Hall etc are hints that point towards the macho role that the protagonist will play to retain peace with our neighbors. It is another matter that probably during the editing phase, the makers of the movie have thought it fit to add - lest there be any sense of confusion - a dialogue:

Is picture ka hero main hoon!

With the two leading ladies exhibiting deadpan expression throughout and the hero appearing eternally confused and aimlessly determined at the same time, YODHA is a movie that is best left unwatched. For, once you watch it, you will keep flogging yourselves for wasting the nation's and your own resources: just like Karan Johar!

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th June 2024 at 18:12. Reason: as requested.
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 15:19   #4637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

A soldier defies gravity, laws of physics and the principles of aerodynamics to repeatedly bash up the villains inside aeroplanes. Despite his failure to take care of one important asset and being pilloried for it, AK is assigned the role of an air commando - responsible for the lives of a plane full of passengers.
I stopped after the first 15 minutes and never recovered until I saw Laapata Ladies one more time. You have aptly described the farce of a movie. Many thanks for the review, some good souls will be spared from the torture
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 21:37   #4638
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just finished watching Shaitaan. Can’t believe they decided to make this kind of a movie in these times. No more words

My rating : 1/5, based on pity for Bollywood.
Old 20th June 2024, 14:06   #4639
BHPian

Lapata Ladies - 4.5/5 - Really nice, feel good movie - Very well written and directed. Simple story set in a rural backdrop and executed with authenticity. The performances from everyone are spot on - but Ravi Kishan absolutely takes the cake. Master class in acting without going over the top.

Madgaon Express - 2/5 - Watched with a lot of expectations but didnt find it very funny. Some good performances though - especially by Divyendu and Upendra Limaye (very versatile actor better known for Freddy from Animal)

Last edited by RoadTiger : 20th June 2024 at 14:12.
Old 22nd June 2024, 11:46   #4640
Distinguished - BHPian

Do Aur Do Pyar Hotstar

Some crisp writing, ensemble cast of brilliant actors, beautiful songs and a very realistic take on relationships these days, Do Aur Do Pyar is a breath of fresh air in the sea of mediocre films that are dished out in the name of cinema these days. In our busy lives now, we often fail to recognise our other half’s and their struggle. That we have now become the slave of technology and seldom talk which results in distances between relations, has been wonderfully depicted in the film. Recommended watch, if one can ignore the initial slow pace, the movie hits all the right notes.

Rating: 4/5

P.S - An extra 1 star for giving Lucky Ali back to us as a singer
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 23:56   #4641
Distinguished - BHPian

Chandu Champion- 3.75/5

Went to watch this today with extended family and everyone loved it. Even the hall was more than half full but the audience were loving it. A beautiful story of a person who fought for his dreams. As a movie, it kept reminding me of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, one of my favourites. While Kartik Aryan falls short of Farhan Akhtar, he has tried and fared well.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 17:00   #4642
BHPian

1. Maharaj, streaming on Netflix 4/5.
Engaging storytelling from the word go.
Loved the re-creation of 1850s Bombay ensemble.
Original period drama taken from a story in India, instead of replicating anything from elsewhere. Will keep you hooked till the end. Junaid Khan shines through with his performance and I think he is one of the most promising star-kids (son of Aamir Khan) to watch for. Jaideep Ahlawat, I love him as an actor. I deplored the character in how grisly this man was looking, and how ably Ahlawat portrayed him. It is hard to hate one's crush so much on screen. Jokes apart, brilliant!

The Hindi Movies Thread-images-42.jpeg

2. Do Aur Do Pyaar streaming on Hotstar 4.5/5

The script switches from predictability to unpredictability quickly, and treats a complicated subject like infidelity with finesse and grace - it neither condones it nor villifies it, simply explores all the characters and the tiny emotions behind each action that unfolds in the moment. It humanises all the characters so elegantly, while keeping the humour high, using the contrasting styles of Vidya Balan and Pratik Gandhi's acting offerings.
DogNDamsel12 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 14:18   #4643
Senior - BHPian

Kalki 2898AD

Went with very low expectations. From trailer it was evident for me who watches almost all Sci fi Hollywood stuff that they took inspiration from many. However as my wife watches less Hollywood stuff she liked the dystopian type World building. Makers definitely took lot of inspiration from Dune, Star wars etc.

Amitabh overshadowed Prabhas completely. His was the best arc and like the champ he is, did full justice to it. First half drags slowly and comedic scenes were absolutely cringe and schoolboyish. Totally unnecessary for this concept.

Second half was really good. Probably best cgi stuff I have seen in a Hindi movie. Especially the Mahabharata few scenes. Kalki is what Brahamstra wanted to be and failed miserably. Production quality is very good. Climax was entertaining and with movie being hit I am sure sequel will come sooner than later.

Prabhas is most overrated Indian actor since Bahubali. Not a single movie I have seen since then he has acted well. Pity. Intense scenes are fine but his comedic timing is absolutely rubbish and looks really forceful. Hope he does better in sequel considering the climax.

Oh ya forgot to mention Deepika. She sleepwalked her role which she is doing in every movie since few years. Nothing new.

All in all its a 3.5/5 for me. Extra.5 for special effects at the end.

Edit- Saw Sarfira trailer from Akshay which looked great. He should do these kinda roles only. Looking forward to this one releasing on the 12th.

Last edited by harry10 : 2nd July 2024 at 14:24.
harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 15:37   #4644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Kalki 2898AD

Edit- Saw Sarfira trailer from Akshay which looked great. He should do these kinda roles only. Looking forward to this one releasing on the 12th.
Sarfira is an official remake of the Tamil movie "Soorarai Pottru". Suriya absolutely nailed that role and won many awards for his performance. It will be interesting to see what Akshay does with the role. Honestly, most of the remakes from South to Bollywood have been abysmal.
tchsvy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 16:47   #4645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogNDamsel12 View Post
1. Maharaj, streaming on Netflix 4/5.
Engaging storytelling from the word go.
Loved the re-creation of 1850s Bombay ensemble.
Original period drama taken from a story in India, instead of replicating anything from elsewhere. Will keep you hooked till the end. Junaid Khan shines through with his performance and I think he is one of the most promising star-kids (son of Aamir Khan) to watch for. Jaideep Ahlawat, I love him as an actor. I deplored the character in how grisly this man was looking, and how ably Ahlawat portrayed him. It is hard to hate one's crush so much on screen. Jokes apart, brilliant!
Me and wife started watching but found it out of whack. What with the seva and people watching it through windows Couldn't watch and moved to something else.
Old 5th July 2024, 13:43   #4646
Senior - BHPian

KILL 3.5/5

I'm a changed man after Animal , and dont shy away from gore. Kill is the epitome of blood letting, and I dont think anything has been done on this scale in our cinema. I mean, you can literally feel where all that 141 litres of red, raw beetroot pulp went .

When Army Commando Amrit (Beautifully acted by newbie Lakshya) finds out the love of his life has boarded a train, he is not too far away. That's when the hard core brigands strike and they dont know whats in store for them (That's the best realisation, when it hits them). I loved Raghav and Ashish Vidyarthi in this flick and the second half had my full attention.
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 13:09   #4647
BHPian

Watched Srikanth on Netflix. Liked the movie for the inspiring story. Rajkumar Rao has done great work.

I disliked the movie itself since it doesn't seem show the hardships and seriousness. Even when it shows, it also keeps jumping into celebratory music every other minute.
Old 8th July 2024, 13:33   #4648
Senior - BHPian

KILL
Score 5 out of 5

What a movie. Didn't expect a movie like this coming out of India, forget Dharma production.
Its pure action movie. Unlike our action movies with dancing, singing, one punch and 10 folks flying etc. Its just raw action.

MUST MUST watch if you love action movies. Its one of a kind movie and a game changer.

Note: Raghav and his dialogues is just
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 08:30   #4649
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Srikanth - Netflix (3/5)

The movie is based on the inspirational story of Srikanth Bolla, the visually impaired Indian industrialist and chairperson of Bollant Industries. As an awareness raising movie, the movie does the job admirably. I admit that I wasn't aware of Srikanth Bolla and what he has achieved .

As a movie, the moments of real drama are infrequent, the movie tends to drag a bit in the latter half with inconsistent pacing and unnecessary characters.

However, a good movie to be watched with kids.
DigitalOne is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 23:43   #4650
Senior - BHPian

Maharaja

Easily the best thriller I have seen in sometime. Intense, gripping, suspenseful. Vijay sethupathi is really turning into one of my favorite actors. Even Anurag did an outstanding job. It's a violent movie and some scenes may make you uneasy so beware.

Rating - 4/5
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-img_2861.png  

harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks