Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2024, 16:51   #4621
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

I faintly remember the backdrop of a movie which I saw (partly) when I was very young. I tried to find it punching some keywords on Google but that didn't yield any fruitful results.

Does anyone remember a movie where a doctor had to make a choice between operating a patient road side or take him to a hospital (both options being risky). Doc chooses to operate/ treat him on the roadside but patient dies. Later the doctor is charged with negligence etc.

If anyone knows about it, please let me know- I have been searching this for long. The movie has to be from the 70s or 80s. Don't remember any actor from it.
Old 24th May 2024, 17:27   #4622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
If anyone knows about it, please let me know- I have been searching this for long. The movie has to be from the 70s or 80s. Don't remember any actor from it.
ChatGPT to the rescue. According to the AI the movie must be "Anand (1971)".
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 17:46   #4623
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone remember a movie where a doctor had to make a choice between operating a patient road side or take him to a hospital (both options being risky). Doc chooses to operate/ treat him on the roadside but patient dies. Later the doctor is charged with negligence etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Haven't seen Anand but just read the plot on Wikipedia. Seems the story is very different from what saket77 mentioned.
ChatGPT got it wrong this time.

Last edited by warrioraks : 24th May 2024 at 18:01.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 18:06   #4624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Haven't seen Anand but just read the plot on Wikipedia. Seems the story is very different from what saket77 mentioned.
ChatGPT got it wrong this time.
Thanks but no, not Anand. Anand was pretty mainstream movie. I believe, given the efforts I have put without any results, the movie I am looking for, may not be as mainstream. I am looking for the movie as to see the moral vs professional conflict that might have been portrayed in it. At that time, I was too young to understand this, but now this interests me immensely.

Thanks.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 18:14   #4625
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks but no, not Anand. Anand was pretty mainstream movie. I believe, given the efforts I have put without any results, the movie I am looking for, may not be as mainstream. I am looking for the movie as to see the moral vs professional conflict that might have been portrayed in it. At that time, I was too young to understand this, but now this interests me immensely.
Any chance you remember the actors? Also are you sure the movie was originally in Hindi and not a dubbed version from any other regional language?

I tried searching using Gemini and Perplexity. Gemini hallucinated a lot giving me non existent movie names and fake plots of other movie. Perplexity atleast told me it didn't know. Your query has not only stumped humans but a lot of powerful cutting edge machines as well
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 18:24   #4626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any chance you remember the actors? Also are you sure the movie was originally in Hindi and not a dubbed version from any other regional language?
Unfortunately cannot remember any actor from the movie. I must have been 5 or 6 when I saw it. As you pointed out, this could be a regional dubbed movie as well. It must have been telecasted on Doordarshan as back then, it was the only TV channel we knew!

Quote:
I tried searching using Gemini and Perplexity. Gemini hallucinated a lot giving me non existent movie names and fake plots of other movie. Perplexity atleast told me it didn't know. Your query has not only stumped humans but a lot of powerful cutting edge machines as well

Exhausted my smiley quota of this post!
Old 24th May 2024, 18:27   #4627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The answer must be buried someplace impregnable and very secure.

Why else would chatgpt suggest that the name I was looking for was Drishyam starring Ajay Devgn!!!
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 18:48   #4628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The answer must be buried someplace impregnable and very secure.

Why else would chatgpt suggest that the name I was looking for was Drishyam starring Ajay Devgn!!!
Seems AI is too busy taking over jobs and hasn't got time or interest for movies.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 11:29   #4629
Team-BHP Support

The Crew on Netflix

A sufficiently entertaining movie with enough moments of laughter, and a storyline that you don't have to think too much over. It is at the right balance of being realitistic and taking creative liberty. A nice movie you can watch at home with family.

3.5/5
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 12:52   #4630
Distinguished - BHPian

Off late, movies seem to be overhyped. Few movies which were released in the past year and had "good" reviews that I wanted to watch them in a theatre. Due to one reason or the other, we never could and finally caught up on the OTT. Never quite liked them and we were glad we didn't visit the theatre. Shaitan, Zara Hatke Zara Bacchke, Mudgaon Express are few such examples. Worth 2-2.5 stars at max.

Laapata Ladies was the exception!
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 06:20   #4631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Off late, movies seem to be overhyped. Few movies which were released in the past year and had "good" reviews that I wanted to watch them in a theatre. Due to one reason or the other, we never could and finally caught up on the OTT. Never quite liked them and we were glad we didn't visit the theatre. Shaitan, Zara Hatke Zara Bacchke, Mudgaon Express are few such examples. Worth 2-2.5 stars at max.
!
True that- recently watched Madgaon Express and both me and my wife were like, what is the hype all about ? Apart from a few moments with Upendra Limaye, I did not get even a single giggle. If there was humour intended here, it would have to be an acquired taste. I think the decade old Chennai Express was a bit more valiant, albeit extravagant effort.

On the other hand, I thought "Do Aur Do Pyaar" starring Vidya Balan and Pratik Gandhi is a decent watch, a take on extra-marital relationships without being judgmental. Again, not the best movie I have been in recent times, but we aren't spoilt for choice these days.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 26th May 2024 at 06:27.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 07:57   #4632
Distinguished - BHPian

Silence 2: The Night Owl Bar Shootout

The Hindi Movies Thread-a1.jpg

This was just decent. Nothing exceptional or great. They do try to bring in lot of twists but the execution was bland. Could have made it better. Acting was pretty ordinary as well.

Rating - 2/5 (Zee5). Watchable.

Maidaan

The Hindi Movies Thread-a2.jpg

I have always enjoyed biopics and this was good as well. After a long time, I liked Ajay Devgn's acting. Not many expressions, but he did it well. The players were exceptional so was the cinematography. End credits were pretty special too.

Rating - 4/5 (Amazon - rent). Recommended.

Crew

The Hindi Movies Thread-a3.jpg

Nothing new here - Same old "heist" story with some leading ladies. It's definitely watchable but too many unnecessary elements like plugging in some famous old songs and ad placements. At times, the ladies were over the top with their acting. Just watch with zero expectations - then you will enjoy it.

Rating - 2.5/5 (Netflix). Watchable.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 12:01   #4633
BHPian

Crew on Netflix.

Typical heist story. The 3 leading ladies have done a decent job. Intermittent moments of laughter. All-in-all, a one-time watch with family.

Rating: 3/5
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 10:22   #4634
Senior - BHPian

Yodha on Amazon Prine - 1/5

Full of Flaws. The movie is full of hundreds of technical mistakes and baseless aviation science. There is not a single ounce of logic in this terrible and senseless movie.
RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 08:00   #4635
Distinguished - BHPian

House of lies

The Hindi Movies Thread-1.jpg

Tried a typical whodunit movie but the execution was really bad in this. Everything was wrong - direction, acting screenplay etc. The investigation didn't make sense at all as well. Why would ED join in with the murder investigation? Won't it be done separately?

Rating - 1/5 (Zee5). AVOID!
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks