Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2023, 18:30   #4441
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Fatima Sana Sheikh as Indira Gandhi, are you serious? Looked hilarious and demure in all scenes.

The movie basically feels like a documentary taking us through the life of the legend.

Rating: 3.5/5
Sam Bahadur: 2.5/5

If I had to use one word, underwhelming. And, I agree with the comment about it feeling documentary-like and poor choice of actors for some roles. A couple of scenes unnecessarily made the movie longer. Do yourself a favour - save your money and just watch it when it comes to OTT platforms.

On a different note, glorifying the army has become a popular theme for many movies in the past few years. And, to me, it has started to feel like producers are overplaying that card now to compensate for the lack of any quality story writing.
siddhant is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 20:47   #4442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post

On a different note, glorifying the army has become a popular theme for many movies in the past few years. And, to me, it has started to feel like producers are overplaying that card now to compensate for the lack of any quality story writing.
True that- another one is waiting in the wings "Fighter". The teaser looks pretty average to me, and is already looking to ride the patriotic breeze, timed to release on 25th Jan 2024.
I actually liked Gunjan Saxena. It was a story about a person, not so much the the Air Force or the country. Too bad it did not get much of a mention. I hope the Fighter is more in that mould but I fear otherwise.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 12:28   #4443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
...glorifying the army...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
True that- another one is waiting in the wings "Fighter"...
Just curious, where was the glorifying the army part and what's wrong in that?
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 15:39   #4444
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Animal - one word, AVOID !

Absolute trash movie. I think this by far is the most senseless movie of this year.

Please save your money and 3.5 hours of your life. Please.
ashvek3141 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 22:40   #4445
BHPian

Just watched Dhak Dhak movie in Netflix. One word and inspiring. Travellers please do watch this movie, especially women.
Old 11th December 2023, 09:44   #4446
BHPian

Sam Bahadur
My rating 2/5

As stated by many, the movie does not do justice to Sir Manekshaw. Vicky has picked up the character well but that's about it. There was no single scene in the entire movie which shows Manekshaw's intelligence, bravery, war tactics etc. All they show is his ability to woo ladies, crack jokes, stand for his soldiers and deliver motivational speeches. I am sure the man's caliber was much above this.

And what's wrong with Indira Gandhi's character? Bad choice of actor I must say. It insinuates she secretly loved him/ had crush on him. Fatima has bombed the character. Naive and immature role play and to the extent an insult to the iron lady.
StepUP! is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 13:48   #4447
Senior - BHPian

Dhak Dhak

Streaming: Netflix

This movie is all about biking and would definitely pull the bikers to watch this especially the female bikers. The movie plot is nothing great to write about with Senior actress like Ratna Pathak Shah and Dia Mirza helming the plot. Fatima Sheikh and Sanjana Sanghi (this girl is going great guns with her acting) are the other 2 female bikers in the movie. The movie touches a important social message too. The locales are superb, acting is top notch. The stars of the movie however are the Royal Enfield bikes - Meteor 350, Bullet 350 and the classic 350. There are scenes in the movie where the bikers fall down due to unbalance and I was wondering how heavy these bikes could be. Surely in real life situation, it could break a bone or two. Maybe this will need a separate thread. Must watch movie for any biker out there. The ending probably hinted at a sequel too.

https://www.bikedekho.com/news/dhak-...16255#leadForm

Rating: 4/5
Old 21st December 2023, 12:41   #4448
Distinguished - BHPian

Dunki - Rating it 4.5/5

A complete package from RHF, total entertainment. I don't think a movie has made me laugh like this, apart from 3 idiots It hits the right notes on an important issue, without sacrifcing entertaiment value. While there are a few cringe moments, on the whole its just a fun fun movie that will put a smile across your face. Great comic timing, supported by some good acting across the board while the BGM hits the right notes.

All you folks in vilayat watching this, its going to hit you hard and remind you of your dunki days.
Would definitely recommend that you get your Dunki on!

Last edited by procrj : 21st December 2023 at 12:49.
procrj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 13:05   #4449
BHPian

Freddy - Rating 4.5/5

Freddy is the tale of a very introverted but highly successful dentist, Dr. Freddy Ginwalla. When he falls in love with a married woman in an abusive marriage, one can't help but try and come up with various possible plot lines, but what the movie serves up is quite unexpected. Definitely a good watch.
Old 21st December 2023, 17:10   #4450
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dunki- 1/5*

Just could not connect with any character. Could not feel any emotion. Wondering if directed by same guy who gave us films like Munna bhai and 3 idiots.
Satkaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 02:15   #4451
BHPian

Dunki 3.5/5

You will either like it or hate it. Lot of loopholes and fillers. Hirani has tried again to send a social message, doesn't quite land like it did with his other movies.
Old 22nd December 2023, 03:26   #4452
Team-BHP Support

Mrs and I were deciding what to watch when I saw "The Archies" on the Netflix menu. Very reluctantly and with 0 expectations, we decided to give 10 mins to the movie.

Turns out, it was a pretty good one-time watch! Of course, it is a comic book adaptation so will not be realistic. Watch it with a fantasy kind of mindset, and you won't be disappointed. Don't expect realism.

- Suhana Khan has potential. She was the best among all newbies followed by Amitabh's grandson.

- I enjoyed the music as well as the sets, costumes etc

- The love triangle of Archie, Betty & Veronica was handled very well. I was afraid it would go down the typical melodrama route but nothing of that sort happened.

- It is a well-directed movie. Indianisation of the Archie characters using the Anglo-Indian community backdrop was a brilliant idea. No other way it could have been done.

- The LGBT angle was unnecessary IMO

- It helps if you've read the comics, but is not necessary. Mrs had not read it so I had to tell her that Jughead is a foodie and Moose is a dumbo etc.

I will give it 3 stars. Do give it a shot.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 21:53   #4453
BHPian

Dunki

After giving films like Munnabhai and 3 Idiots, the expectation from Rajkumar Hirani film was high, but it was not to be. Except Vicky Kaushal, none of the actors were on par. For the attempted message about the reality of illegal immigration, there is nothing much in the film. A bit too comical for the message the film wants to convey.

Rating : 2/5

Last edited by AltoLXI : 22nd December 2023 at 21:54.
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 16:08   #4454
BHPian

DUNKI
Rating 10/10

A must watch, Raju Hirani at his best of story telling. With a emotive message.

After a long time, I thought I was done with watching Hindi movie after Animal.

Well done.
Old 25th December 2023, 17:51   #4455
BHPian

Watched Salaar, IMO 4/5, the movie is good, has a good timeline, few scenes I feel were extended, but overall nice movie, will keep you hooked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks