Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2023, 17:31   #4366
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Rocky and Rani (Blah Blah Blah) Whatever!!!!

Streaming: Amazon

I had resisted myself for long for not seeing this movie when my family was insisting and I had held myself back till yday when I decided to watch the movie out of family compulsion. Karan Johar must be kicked in the back for making this movie and targeting specific communities. I could not tolerate the loud Ranveer Singh and his garish wardrobe. Somehow Alia also failed to impress as her acting wasnt natural at all. Wonder why stalwarts like Dharmendra, Shabana Azmi and Jaya Bacchan decided to be a part of this Antakshari show. The saving grace was Kshitee Jog's acting which appeared very natural. If I had a choice I would have avoided this movie for sure.

Rating: 2/5
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 18:41   #4367
BHPian

KHUFIYA on Netflix

Found it to be a decent espionage thriller featuring good performances from the entire cast. If the first half unfolds at the pace of a Rajdhani express, the second half is a memu. The minimal use of high-speed chases or spy clichés is compensated by a series of captivating twists, ensuring sustained interest for initial part of the film. One can't help but wish for a consistent level of intensity and excitement throughout the entire film, especially in the second half.

Headsup for those considering watching with children - movie has a brief intimate scene and liberal use of F-explicit language.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-khufya.jpg  

AnnaRocks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 19:58   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
KHUFIYA on Netflix
I came to this thread just to rate it. It is one of the worst movies, I have watched recently.
The plots seem very weak, and the R&AW agents seem to have no knowledge of how to arrest a mole, even after they have been proven. Private detectives seem to do a better job, than the whole team.

Rated: 2/10
ron82x3 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 00:14   #4369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron82x3 View Post
I came to this thread just to rate it. It is one of the worst movies, I have watched recently.
The plots seem very weak, and the R&AW agents seem to have no knowledge of how to arrest a mole, even after they have been proven. Private detectives seem to do a better job, than the whole team.

+1. It was such a drag and lot of plot holes with weak acting all round. Not worth the time wasted in watching this. Echo the rating too!
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 08:59   #4370
Senior - BHPian

Khufiya

Streaming: Netflix

There was such an air created for this movie which falls totally on the face. Tabu looks old and tired in the movie. Ali was more comical looking for a RAW agent. Wamiqa Gabbi was the saving grace with the acting. Not an ounce of spy related plot. Totally avoidable.

Rating: 2/5

OMG2

The sequel was not a km close to the original one, Pankaj Tripathi tried hard to do a Paresh Rawal but failed. Why is Yami Gautam choosing the vampish lawyer roles beats me. Talents like Pawan Malhotra are wasted. A sensitive topic wasn't handled sensitively IMO, the film receiving A certificate beats the purpose of the target audience unable to see the film.

Rating: 2.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 11:15   #4371
BHPian

Watched Mission Raniganj yesterday.

Personally liked the way the story has been depicted. Considering it's based on a true story, the makers had no space to fictionalise any masala.

Akshay Kumar has made it his forte to do such kind of movies and he does a good job of portraying the legendary Jaswant Singh Gill, a true hero.

Parineeti Chopra is a blink-and-miss and barely relevant to the plot per se.

The supporting cast is an ensemble of known faces from the TV and Theatre space and all of them have delivered powerful performances.

Emotions on point.

Rating: 3.5/5
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 09:11   #4372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
OMG2

A sensitive topic wasn't handled sensitively IMO, the film receiving A certificate beats the purpose of the target audience unable to see the film.
OMG2 seems to mistake “sex” education to be only about the act of sex itself, having little or nothing to do with sexual behaviour, gender roles, relationships, consent, socio-cultural aspects etc. Consequently, the movie ends up trivialising the issue it wants to address, with caricatures rather than well developed characters, ham-fisted writing and sermonising packaged as social messaging.

Last edited by Pequod : 11th October 2023 at 09:12.
Old 11th October 2023, 12:35   #4373
BHPian

Watched Neeyat on Prime Video yesterday.

The theme is a classic whodunnit and the makers have tried their best to make it into another Knives Out/Glass Onion. However, in the bargain, the plot is all over the place and the characterisation seems lacking, as is unfortunately the norm with Hindi movies trying to replicate western movies.

Decent performances by the cast; led by Ram Kapoor and Vidya Balan.

You wouldn't be missing a lot if you skip this film.

Rating: 2.5/5
Old 11th October 2023, 13:42   #4374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron82x3 View Post

+2.
Too slow - lots of gaps in storyline.
2/5 if I am being generous.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 21:27   #4375
Distinguished - BHPian

Tumse Na Ho Paayega Hotstar

Every now and then, there comes a film that will tug at your heartstrings. Tumse Na Ho Payega is that one film after a long time. And that’s no surprise since the movie is backed by Nitish Tiwari, Ashwini Iyer, Siddartha Roy Kapoor and Ronnie Screwvala. Nitish Tiwari is also one of the writers of the movie.

This simple slice of life movie is such a heartwarming story. Ishwak Singh plays the protagonist and perhaps no one could have played that role better than him. Supporting actors like Gaurav Pandey who plays his friend and Amla Akkineni who plays his mother are just as good. At the end of the movie, one is bound to miss Maa ke haath ka Khana for sure. The movie stays well after the end credits roll. Recommended watch.

Rating: 4/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 10:35   #4376
Senior - BHPian

Gadar 2

Streaming: Zee

I had no expectations from this movie coz after seeing the first one I knew this one too got no story and it will be the same old hero rushing across the border and stamping out the enemy. And it turned out true. Sunny Deol doesnt need any mic coz he can scream across the borders. What a ham actor is Ameesha Patel and so is Utkarsh Sharma. I guess the Director made the movie to include his son. I just switched off the movie in 35 mins flat.

Rating: 1.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 21:48   #4377
Distinguished - BHPian

My friends say I have a fairly low bar when it comes to appreciating movies. Which is mostly true. As long as it entertains or captures my attention in some way, I can sit through it. In addition there are some stars I like and SRK is one of them.

With these assumptions,.watched Jawan on Netflix. What an absolutely trash movie. Even with my low bar and liking for SRK I found it a terrible movie. I don't understand at all how it got good reviews and collected so much.

I know there is a school of thought that it was successful because it was Tamil/Telugu template Hindi movie with SRK in it which was new to the Hindi Audience. Even as a Tamil template, it was horribly done. The acting was bad. Lot of scenes were laughable. Sample: Deepika falls unconscious, a warden feels her pulse and declares she's pregnant.!!. Dialogues were crazy.

Cannot stop ranting..

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 5th November 2023 at 21:49.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 07:47   #4378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Sample: Deepika falls unconscious, a warden feels her pulse and declares she's pregnant.!!. Dialogues were crazy.
Oh yes! We were like:

Name:  13Qe.gif
Views: 363
Size:  2.21 MB

Not to mention the bike/car stunt towards the end. Reminded me of the Chandramukhi 2 bike stunt, desi version of Mission Impossible 2 and the way he lit his cigar can question Rajinikanth's super powers.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 09:16   #4379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
With these assumptions,.watched Jawan on Netflix. What an absolutely trash movie. Even with my low bar and liking for SRK I found it a terrible movie. I don't understand at all how it got good reviews and collected so much.
I underwent the same torture but I guess I asked for it coz I wanted to see what the hype of Jawaan was all about. The film defied every logic of common sense. The songs were totally out of place. People would want to go to that jail if it was so glamourous. Vijay Sethupati cannot be a villian, period. Atleast not in Hindi movies. If people would only stop wasting their money in buying tickets for such movies, then only these movie would be stopped making.

Rating: 1.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 09:34   #4380
Distinguished - BHPian

12th Fail

A beautiful story of a boy who never gave up on his dreams. While the story itself is predictable, the writer has done a job so the viewer can connect with it. A lot of newer faces on screen but everyone has justice to it. Star of the show is Vikrant Massey and the story telling by Vidhu Vinod Chopra. I would have preferred a little less melodrama. Must watch.

4/5

Ps: The movie was launched without any promotions and would have disappeared as well. With some good word of mouth, it is picking up. In its 1st week, there were just 2 shows in the nearby multiplex. This week there are 4. Yesterday's afternoon show was almost house full.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks