Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2023, 19:43   #4261
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Kathal
It started off really well and had the potential of a really good comedy movie but felt it was a bit let down in the middle. Not that it was a bad movie, but could have made it better since the storyline was humorous.

A definite one time watch.

Rating - 3.5/5 (Netflix)
Came here to put this review. An enjoyable movie, subtly highlighting multiple issues while retaining a humorous tone. Sanya Malhotra performance was very good. Quite an underrated actor in my view.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 21:01   #4262
Senior - BHPian

Mrs. Chatterjee vs Norway

Contrary to the other opinions here, I found this movie too melodramatic. It's more appropriate title is Mrs. Chatterjee vs The World Let's just say I don't rate this movie highly.

There is a hint in the movie about domestic violence/disturbances. I have to say that's a big red flag for child care services as far as I know, especially if there are toddlers also involved. Do note that I am talking only about the movie. This is not a comment on the original case.

About 3-4 years back, I had attended an online meeting where Indian mothers who had experience dealing with child care services in Finland and one who even had her children taken away spoke on the subject. There was also a lawyer who dealt with such cases. The common theme was that child care services is not your friend, especially once they have taken your kids away from you. They mentioned that child care services will try to paint you as unfit parents, even try to brainwash the child with "Didn't mom/dad tell you xyz? It's illegal in Finland. Do you think it's right?" etc. To summarize, short of accusing them to be a mafia like in the movie, everything else was said.

My take away was that it's really tough to get a decision to take your children away reversed. So it's always better to comply with any requests that they may have during their evaluations and communicate to them openly about it. However, there was no representation from child care services in the meeting, so again I don't know the other side of the story.

I also have knowledge of a friend's case whose child, after getting low scores in a test, remarked in class that "I can't go home with these scores" (you know how Indian parents are). The teacher reported this to the authorities. He and his wife had to undergo counselling sessions, but there was never a threat of taking their child away.
StarrySky is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 10:21   #4263
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: A reminder that we will NOT permit any posts on politics / politicians / religion. Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 12:55   #4264
Team-BHP Support

Bheed on Netflix

This movie had a lot of potential. Superb casting and a solid storyline but for some reason the rather preachy directorial style makes the movie lose focus.

It is a good one time watch but nothing more than that.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 20:57   #4265
Senior - BHPian

Vikram Vedha on Jio Cinemas

Being an ardent Hrithik fan, was able to sit through the movie. But didn't find it anything extraordinary. His accent sounded pretty made up, similar to his role in Super 30. Saif Ali Khan was just ok-ish here. Storyline also was pretty ordinary. No wonder it didn't work at boxoffice

Rating: 3/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th May 2023 at 20:58.
Old 26th May 2023, 12:50   #4266
BHPian

Sirf Ek Bandaa Kaafi Hai on Zee 5 - I watched it for Manoj Bajpayee. Did not have much expectations and the average Google reviews too were 2.8/5 before watching it. But this one turned out to be an engaging watch right from the start. Did not bore me at all and by the end of it, I was left wondering as to why so many elaborate negative reviews for it. Loved the closing argument presented by Manoj's character in the climax. A little over 2 hours in length, this movie IMO is one of the better courtroom dramas to come out in recent times.

Bheed on Netflix - The trailer was good. The first 10-15 minutes shakes you and raises expectations from the movie and then the plot scatters away in different directions. The mass migration during the initial lockdown days serves as the backdrop. Occasionally reminded me of the documentary '1232 Kms' by Vinod Kapri. As my intellectual levels are low, I could not relate with the Black and White presentation of this movie. Found it a little irritating at the start and then ignored it for the rest of the movie. This one in my view is another misfire and wastage of a stellar cast and a premise that had huge potential, exactly like his previous directorial ANEK. A below average watch.
Old 27th May 2023, 14:26   #4267
Senior - BHPian

I see the director attempted to do a Schindler's list, but the story, narration was really bad. Watched few bits here n there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Bheed on Netflix
Attached Images

Old 28th May 2023, 12:57   #4268
Senior - BHPian

Bhola

Streaming: amazon

Again another south remake with the usual Copy Paste and no improvisation. Scene to scene same as the Tamil movie Kaithi. Ajay Devgan playing the same old brooding super human character who chops people off with elan and ease. Tabu in the supporting role is Ok. Deepak Dobriyal is one actor i admire coz give him any role and he will do justice to it, same goes for this movie too. The ending gives you enough hint that there is a sequel coming. If you havent watched the Tamil original, watch this movie for once. Else you will start comparing with original.

Rtaing: 2.5/5
Old 28th May 2023, 20:46   #4269
BHPian

Kathal

This was an interesting one, I really liked the concept and Sanya Malhotra really fit her character - a strong but gentle new-age cop. Generally, I love movies & stories from rural UP (like Bareilly ki Barfi & the series Panchayat for example) and this movie portrayed the rural UP life beautifully. Moreover, the movie showed the reality of casteism, sexism, free press & power dynamics present in India, especially in these parts of India. However, did feel that the movie was trying too hard to portray some serious issue while trying to be a comedy which meant that it was found lacking in the latter but this did make the movie more easy to watch than serious ones like Article 15.

I would recommend watching this movie, atleast for the issues it is trying to portray.

I would rate 4/5.

Last edited by dragracer567 : 28th May 2023 at 20:47.
dragracer567 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 12:10   #4270
Senior - BHPian

Bheed on Netflix

This one had a lot of potential but lost plot midway. They have touched upon some sensitive topics like caste system, religion based bias, selective journalism etc without going over the top. But end up coming across a loosely scripted watch.

Rating: 2.5/5

Bhediya on Jio Cinema

Had heard good things about this one in reviews but found it underwhelming. Only 2 good things about the movie, one is beautiful Arunachal Pradesh and second was the CGI. Varun turning into Wolf bit was done pretty professionally in an otherwise ‘meh’ movie.

Rating: 2.5/5

Rocketry on Jio Cinemas

Wanted to watch this from quite sometime & since IPL final was called off yesterday evening chanced upon this on Jio Cinemas. Madhavan as always was stellar and all the characters did justice to their roles. Was great to see the man himself (Nambi N) do the cameo. Goes on to show there are so many unsung heroes behind the success of ISRO

Rating: 4/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 29th May 2023 at 12:32.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 18:50   #4271
Senior - BHPian

Kathal

A pretty interesting movie with the whole cast performing quite well. Sanya Malhotra specially fit well in the role. All in all a very endearing movie.

Bhola

Well I did not like the source material. It was very over the top in my opinion. With a remake there was an opportunity to improve on it, but instead they ended up making it worse. Avoid.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 19:41   #4272
KPR
BANNED

Saw Fire in the Mountain 3.5/5 in Sony liv. Acting esp by protagonist is quite good. Scenic beauty of Munsiyari brought very well in the movie makes me think about a trip over there. Overall a good watch.
Old 31st May 2023, 03:31   #4273
Distinguished - BHPian

Dahaad in Amazon Prime was a good watch. During the last couple of episodes the story was predictable, but still it will keep the viewers engaged.
Sonakshi Sinha portrayed her roll quite well as a strong & stubborn cop as well as a daughter!
Will rate 4 out of 5.

Saas, Bahu Aur Flamingo in HotStar was a okay watch. Liked the subtle humours at places. The only point where it stands out is, the lead characters are played by women, else with men as lead characters, we have seen similar movie plots earlier.
Will rate 3 out of 5.

Bholaa in amazon prime can be given a miss! A typical macho movie where the grey matter can take a break! Ajay Devgan & Tabu's acting skills were wasted.
Will rate 2 out of 5.

Sirf Ek Bandaa Kaafi Hai in Zee5 was actually a very good watch. Though the movie plot was predictable, but still the way Manoj Bajpai took it forward was commendable. This movie can be watched only because of Manoj Bajpai!
Will rate 4 out of 5.

Mrs.Chatterjee vs Norway in Netflix was another excellent watch. Rani Mukherjee just nailed the character as a typical Bengali mom who can go up-to any extent for her kids.
Will Rate 4 out 5.

Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar in Netflix is yet another typical masala movie. If one watch it expecting to be another 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani', this one will be a disappointment! There is actually nothing which stands out in this movie!
Will rate 2 out of 5.

Last edited by Samba : 31st May 2023 at 03:58.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 07:52   #4274
Team-BHP Support

Had some free time during a recent trip and watched a couple of movies:

Shehzada: a ridiculous movie about a guy who finds out he's been switched at birth. Kriti Sanon is just a prop (flower pot role as it is often referred to), and Paresh Rawal is criminally wasted. Wonder why either of them agreed to be a part of this shitshow.

1/5

Tu Jhoothi Main Makkar: leave your brain behind, and have a good time. This movie has a bunch of funny (but without much sense) moments, and is worth a one-time watch.

3/5
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 15:26   #4275
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Watched Vadh few days back on Netflix. Amazing movie, worth watching. This guy, Sanjay Mishra, never disappoints.
coolbareilly is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks