Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2022, 13:58   #3916
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

^^
I am surprised that someone actually thought of making a second instalment of Heropanti after the first disaster, which thankfully I didn’t watch. Folks like Ahmed Khan have the liberty and the means to waste money on making such craps one after another. It is a shame that actors like Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Amrita Singh have to do these kinds of movies to run their kitchen. Quite distasteful, both to the senses and sensibilities.

As a mark of respect to the makers, I stopped watching Heropanti 2 after exactly 7 minutes. It’s an assault and insult to the numerous struggling actors and technicians who don’t get a chance to showcase their talent, not that I expected the movie to be good or anything anyways. Was just scrolling and even that seemed a torture !!

Toolsidas Junior Netflix

A little gem of a movie, despite being predictable. The real life story of the director Mridul Mahendra and is such a heartwarming watch. Casting is just superb and it was great to see Rajiv Kapoor one last time, after so long. Dilip Tahil and Sanjay Dutt were effortlessly brilliant in their roles. Watch the scene where Sanjay Dutt gets into a formal dress while entering the club- pure class. The child actor Varun Buddhadev played his part with aplomb. Kudos to the makers for putting money into this one, movies like this needs to be encouraged.

Rating: 4/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 18:26   #3917
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
I could easily go on about things wrong with H2 but trust me, watching this with friends will be a laugh riot. We boys had a lot of fun watching this on a lazy day.
With friends, you have to watch Masti & Grand Masti . Not family friendly at all, but a laugh riot with pals.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 18:44   #3918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the same team that made Baaghi3.
Baaghi 3 was an adaptation of a Tamil film called Vettai. Source
Baaghi 2 was a remake of a Telugu film. Source
Old 14th June 2022, 07:24   #3919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post

Toolsidas Junior Netflix

A little gem of a movie, despite being predictable. The real life story of the director Mridul Mahendra and is such a heartwarming watch. Casting is just superb and it was great to see Rajiv Kapoor one last time, after so long. Dilip Tahil and Sanjay Dutt were effortlessly brilliant in their roles. Watch the scene where Sanjay Dutt gets into a formal dress while entering the club- pure class. The child actor Varun Buddhadev played his part with aplomb. Kudos to the makers for putting money into this one, movies like this needs to be encouraged.

Rating: 4/5
Agree with you. I somehow missed this one but luckily watched it. I enjoyed this one especially the kids performance. You can definitely see the director's involvement in this by seeing the way the actors played snooker. Looked pretty professional.

Jhund was also a pretty good watch but a bit long though.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 09:15   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Baaghi 3 was an adaptation of a Tamil film called Vettai. Source
Baaghi 2 was a remake of a Telugu film. Source
Agreed, but 'Remake' and 'Adaption' should be replaced with 'Obliterate' and 'Mutilate'. Making a remake is not bad always, but making a bad remake is a crime which this team repeatedly has been getting away with.
Like one of our friends ABHI_1512 mentioned in a comment above "It’s an assault and insult to the numerous struggling actors and technicians who don’t get a chance to showcase their talent."
You really feel for such people when we see these films.

Apart from shamelessly stealing scenes from different sources(Katthi, WW, Ong Bak, Money Heist are those that I remember seeing), the Baaghi team was so damn lazy that they did not even bother checking the language while crediting the original.
The Hindi Movies Thread-baaghi-3.png
AnnaRocks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:19   #3921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, but 'Remake' and 'Adaption' should be replaced with 'Obliterate' and 'Mutilate'. Making a remake is not bad always, but making a bad remake is a crime which this team repeatedly has been getting away with.
To begin with, my intent was just to mention that this team seems to make mostly remakes or adaptation movies. Some reports suggest that Heropanti 2 is also a remake or adaptation. Here is one report from LatestLY.

While I have seen Vettai more than once, I have not seen the Telugu original of Baaghi 2, but saw a Tamil film with the same story (forgot the name). I have not seen Baaghi 2, nor Baaghi 3.

The target audience for Baaghi 2 and Baaghi 3 seem to have liked both, because these movies were not box-office flops. But Heropanti 2 does not seem to have worked even with its target audience.
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 20:54   #3922
Distinguished - BHPian

Jayeshbhai Jordaar:

The theme; killing of female foetus, was good, initial build up was also ok. But then movie becomes a drag soon and even the likes of Ranbir Singh and Boman Irani couldn’t save the sinking screenplay.
The movie, despite have picked up a powerful theme fails to hold the audience and fails miserably at that. A promising ploy wasted. There’s nothing much to the story except ‘catch me if you can’ stuff and fails to deliver at so many fronts. My rating would be 2/5. So, save yourself the time; watch something better on Amazon prime.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 15:28   #3923
Distinguished - BHPian

Gangubai Kathiawadi-Netflix
May be late, but finally watched this movie last week.

Typical Sanjay leela Bhansali movie with rich (artificial) sets with dark lighting and distinct Background score. The movie is the story of Gangubai Kathiawadi who worked in and for the prostitutes in Mumbai’s Kamatipura.
Alia Bhat has performed very nicely but I somehow was seeing more of Alia Bhat and less of the character. That’s one of the reasons probably why I was not blown away by the movie.
In Biopics like these, we can not say exactly what was the truth so I just watched it more as a work of fiction and I liked it overall.

I’d rate it 3.5/5
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 21:56   #3924
Senior - BHPian

Bhool Bhulaiya 2.

Wife wanted to see it and it was on Netflix so reluctantly i sat down to see. Within first 15 mins I knew it's gonna be a disaster and waste of my 2 hours. Story is non existent, acting is less and overacting is more, direction makes no sense, songs are forgettable. I don't understand how bollywood can keep on making such rubbish again and again. Please avoid.

Rating- 1/10
harry10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 04:35   #3925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Bhool Bhulaiya 2.

Wife wanted to see it and it was on Netflix so reluctantly i sat down to see. Within first 15 mins I knew it's gonna be a disaster and waste of my 2 hours. Story is non existent, acting is less and overacting is more, direction makes no sense, songs are forgettable. I don't understand how bollywood can keep on making such rubbish again and again. Please avoid.

Rating- 1/10
Bingo. Same review. Absolute rubbish and completely avoidable.

Even the special effects are trash. I did not have any expectations from this movie and still ended up disappointed.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 07:50   #3926
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bhool Bhulaiya 2.
Wife wanted to see it and it was on Netflix so reluctantly i sat down to see. Within first 15 mins I knew it's gonna be a disaster and waste of my 2 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Same feeling, but I did not waste 2+ hours. Sat through for around 15 mins, and quit at the first song breakout.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 09:17   #3927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Same feeling, but I did not waste 2+ hours. Sat through for around 15 mins, and quit at the first song breakout.
Lucky you!

We have a pact. I have to see all Bollywood movies wife wants to see and she has to see all Hollywood movies i want to see. So, no escape for me
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 10:00   #3928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bhool Bhulaiya 2.

Rating- 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post

Even the special effects are trash. I did not have any expectations from this movie and still ended up disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Quote:
Lucky you!

We have a pact. I have to see all Bollywood movies wife wants to see and she has to see all Hollywood movies i want to see. So, no escape for me
Looks like 4 straight posts that have exact same review. It's actually a record here on the forum that 4 people are agreeing to something.

Yesterday night, we started this movie and within 15 mins like VB-San, I decided its not worth spending another minute. I excused myself but, my wife and her cousin went ahead and saw the whole movie past midnight and even said, it was a decent one.

My rating is also 1/5. 1 only because Karthik Aryan is usually watchable.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 11:31   #3929
BHPian

Similar thoughts on this movie. The first one was carried through by the actors and the novelty, I feel. But this one was ridiculous. Even Tabbu was so ordinary here. The only person that I actually looked forward in the entire movie was Apple Singh; his dialogue delivery so good that even the crappy lines were sounding funny.

Quote:
Bhool Bhulaiya 2.

I don't understand how bollywood can keep on making such rubbish again and again.

Rating- 1/10
I have similar thoughts. But the thing probably is that such things sell. They make enough moolah for these guys to keep rolling one after the other based on stardom and hype.
zurura023 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 06:15   #3930
Senior - BHPian

Heropanti -2 (Prime)

After Bhool Bhulaiyya 2, I thought I can take what Bollywood dishes out at me. But I was wrong.

Heropanti -2 beats Bhool Bhulaiyya hollow. If there was a negative rating, it would have applied to this movie. Complete trash with trashy acting, trashy action sequences, trashy story and trashy everything.

Strictly avoid if you value your time.
vibbs is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed