Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2021, 10:05   #3796
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Bunty aur Babli 2

Streaming: Amazon video

Why did I even agree to see this movie is unknown to me. This movie erases all the iconity of the prequel. Loud actors in an outgrown size and shape wearing outlandish clothes, no plot whatsoever, newcomers with no scope of showing acting, super irritating songs and what you get is one huge headache. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID at all costs.

Rating: 1/5
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 21:29   #3797
BHPian

Watched the much awaited ‘83 today morning. Those who are hardcore Cricket fan will like the movie. They have shown the cricket matches in the 83 World Cup and some anecdotes in between, which are widely known to someone who follows cricket. Overall, it was a good experience watching it on a big screen.

I would rate it 3/5.

sahil624 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 02:09   #3798
Distinguished - BHPian

ATRANGI RE- Disney Hotstar.

It was a sense of deja vu for me when I started to watch the movie. The movie is a rehash of Anand L Rai’s well made pictures from not so distant past. Raanjhana redux if I may call it with Dhanush playing the extended role. Just a little twist in the screenplay and one is almost seeing the same picture. It’s this lack of originality that is disappointing. The movie was made for the larger screens but ended up on the streaming platforms and one can see why. Expected better but then I should have taken note that the movie is partly produced by Akshay Kumar !!

Rating: 1.5/5 and that’s for Dhanush and the music from A.R Rehman, there’s a lovely song by Arijit Singh that stands out.
Old 27th December 2021, 01:28   #3799
Senior - BHPian

Atrangi Re: Avoid!!! Watched it just for Dhanush. Sara ali khan as always is too loud. If not for nepotism, I doubt she would have made it to even smaller screens. Akshay kumar is totally wasted. Even AR Rahman’s music couldn’t save the headache

1/5: Sole point only for Dhanush

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th December 2021 at 01:33.
Old 27th December 2021, 11:19   #3800
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Suryavanshi - 0/5

I am very much aware of Rohit Shetty movies and expected a mindless timepass entertainer. To be honest, I have enjoyed some of his movies like few of the Golmaal series, Chennai express and Singham.

Suryavanshi has to be the worst among his movies. It is neither a comedy or a solid action entertainer and the fake communal harmony message made me really cringe. I don't know why I continued watching it till the end. May be I wanted to check out how worse can it really get. Ended up with a huge headache on Sunday afternoon.

PLEASE DO NOT WATCH IT
adimicra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 23:58   #3801
Distinguished - BHPian

Pareeksha: 3.5/5

Available on Zee5. Story of a rickshaw puller who dreams his intelligent son to get admitted in one of the best (and expensive) schools in Ranchi so that he can break the shackles of poverty.
The 2 hour film is shot in Ranchi and the storyline is more or less predictable but the execution is good. But the real star of the movie is Adil Hussain who has delivered a remarkable and second to none performance as the rickshaw puller. Absolutely stellar.

The movie is a Good one time watch.

Paltan: 2.5/5

The movie tries to narrate the story of several skirmishes between India and China around the year 1967 at the Nathula pass. So far so good.
There are a lot of factual errors in the movie and feels like it has been rushed through without much thought and research. To top it all, it’s difficult to imagine that this comes from the likes of director JP Dutta, who directed a war movie as great as Border way back. The screen characters look unconvincing and there’s a hint of Border’s emotional outline but this movie misses it big time. The emotions look forced and none of the characters invoke your emotional senses. The storyline will keep you reminding of a template called ‘Border’. Direction, dialogues, music- everything is below average. I would have rated it 2/5 but giving 0.5 extra just because it has touched an area which many people are not aware about.
Old 8th January 2022, 18:25   #3802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Suryavanshi - 0/5

I am very much aware of Rohit Shetty movies and expected a mindless timepass entertainer. To be honest, I have enjoyed some of his movies like few of the Golmaal series, Chennai express and Singham.

Suryavanshi has to be the worst among his movies. It is neither a comedy or a solid action entertainer and the fake communal harmony message made me really cringe. I don't know why I continued watching it till the end. May be I wanted to check out how worse can it really get. Ended up with a huge headache on Sunday afternoon.

PLEASE DO NOT WATCH IT
You steal words out of my mouth. I started watching this movie out of high expectation because it is Rohit Shettis film but within five minute I come to know what it actually is. Afterwards it became so boring and laughable that I had to quit watching it in the middle.

Last edited by IP_Man : 8th January 2022 at 18:28. Reason: Typo
IP_Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:06   #3803
Senior - BHPian

Chandigarh Kare Ashiqui - Netflix

I did not have much expectations from the movie, but I think it is a decent watch. It is a difficult topic to make a movie about and on that front, I think the makers did a good job. The actors all did quite well too.

If we excuse some cliches, I think it's a good watch. Vani Kapoor did very well
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 22:15   #3804
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched two thrillers back to back.

My Client’s Wife: 3/5

A lawyer investigates a couple’s case where both accuse each other of infidelity and physical abuse. The movie builds up well. Keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout; courtesy good screen play and background score. The lead actors could have done a better job though. Still all goes well till the climax unfolds. Though still good but the climax feels like an act to justify the entire story rather than a proper mystery. Still a fair one time watch.

U- Turn: 3.5/5

A Hindi dubbed Telugu thriller where people taking illegal U-turns mid-flyover die overnight and the blame is pinned on a journalist writing a story on road accidents. Anything more I write will be a spoiler. Good one time watch, though the climax is little different from what you would expect from a thriller.
Old 11th January 2022, 10:00   #3805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
You steal words out of my mouth. I started watching this movie out of high expectation because it is Rohit Shettis film but within five minute I come to know what it actually is. Afterwards it became so boring and laughable that I had to quit watching it in the middle.
Guys - You got it all mistaken. This is a brilliant movie to watch - absolute

It started off with a brilliant plot. The terrorists have escaped leaving something back. No idea why and no clue when they will come back. Keeps you guessing doesn't it ?

From there it moves downhill with amazingly bad CGI chases, a cringeworthy laughter track where hero keeps calling people by different names. Shakespeare must be turning in his grave

And soon Rohit Shetty loses it. He doesn't know whether to turn it into an action movie, a thriller movie, a patriotic movie, communal harmony or what not. So he picks up most probably deleted scenes from Singham and Simba and tries to stitch it together. The last fight sequence reminds me of Charlie Sheen in Hot Shots Part Deux. The only thing Rohit left out was the count of bullets falling on the floor

My god - even when watched in 2X speed the movie fails to thrill. If ratings were in negative this would take a score of (-10)/10
subraiyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 10:09   #3806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

A Hindi dubbed Telugu thriller where people taking illegal U-turns mid-flyover die overnight and the blame is pinned on a journalist writing a story on road accidents.
The Original one was made in Kannada in 2016 and quite a change from the usual masala flicks brandishing machetes and fake beards by the celebrated heroes.

It was then remade in Malayalam (Careful) and in Telugu.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 11:05   #3807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Watched two thrillers back to back.

A Hindi dubbed Telugu thriller where people taking illegal U-turns mid-flyover die overnight and the blame is pinned on a journalist writing a story on road accidents. Anything more I write will be a spoiler. Good one time watch, though the climax is little different from what you would expect from a thriller.
Like Parag mentioned above the original one is in Kannada. That director, Pavan Kumar, does come up with quite good movies. If you have not already watched, do check out Lucia from the same director. Think it is available on MX Player with ads.
zurura023 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 15:14   #3808
Distinguished - BHPian

Was hoping for more reviews of 83 here. Lots of initial buzz, but seems to have died down. Is it worth it as a movie by itself, or was the hype just because of the subject, the world cup win?

Also watched Chandigarh Kare Ashiqui on Netflix, worth a watch.
Old 25th January 2022, 15:24   #3809
Team-BHP Support

83 is jinxed. They tried releasing it three times and each time there was a Covid wave that hit. I am now waiting for things to get better before watching it on the big screen.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 15:46   #3810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Was hoping for more reviews of 83 here. Lots of initial buzz, but seems to have died down. Is it worth it as a movie by itself, or was the hype just because of the subject, the world cup win?
Did manage to watch it on the release day in PVR. Will say that not much substance into the movie.

I suppose, the millennials will not relate much to it. Someone born in the 80's / 90's may feel some nostalgia and pride watching it.

You can wait for the OTT release which I suppose is 2nd week of Feb!
pareshraheja is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed