Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2021, 17:34   #3601
KPR
BANNED

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I'm planning to watch this week 'Laila Majnu' that was released in 2018 in Zee5. It has Imitiaz Ali's touch in it and I'm a big fan of him. I've fallen in love with this movie's 3 songs recently (Aahista , O Meri Laila and Hafiz) and hence will watch it just for the music. The songs have great LIFE in them.
Watched it in Zee5. Movie was average. Picks up slowly. 2 out of 5. One for Music director and one for the actor.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 08:55   #3602
Distinguished - BHPian

Silence... Can You Hear It? (2021)

The Hindi Movies Thread-v1_.jpg

Downhill from the start. There are many loopholes in the movie and sometimes you feel the cops are just stupid. Even you would think of getting some basic things done during a murder investigation, but these guys miss out on those.

Manoj Bajpai was wasted in this (although he was the better actor in the movie) and all the other supporting actors were horrible, especially the investigation team.

Avoid this.

Rating - 1/5
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 10:14   #3603
Senior - BHPian

Thappad won the best movie in Filmfare awards. Have not watched it but read reviews of it being an average movie. There were few others which honestly I have not heard of - Eeb Allay ooo! & Sir.
Felt like the nominations were purely to satisfy a majority of people within the industry. Filmfare were always controversial however this felt over the top to me or we really did not have many good movies in the previous year.
VWAllstar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 10:08   #3604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Thappad won the best movie in Filmfare awards. Have not watched it but read reviews of it being an average movie. There were few others which honestly I have not heard of - Eeb Allay ooo! & Sir.
Disagree. Thappad is an excellent movie and top notch acting by Tapasee and other characters.
It would have been better to give negative feedback about a movie after watching it.
By the way, Filmfare awards are anyway crap 😁. But awards aside, Thappad is a very good movie.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 1st April 2021 at 10:10.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 13:12   #3605
BHPian

Watched Pagglait on Netflix. The reviews online were good, but I found it an average watch. It seemed they were not sure whether to make it an outright situational comedy or not.
The performances were nothing to talk about either.

I would rate it 2/5.

sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 13:16   #3606
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Thappad won the best movie in Filmfare awards. Have not watched it but read reviews of it being an average movie.
Thappad was groundbreaking. It broached upon a topic that is wildly prevalent across our society but rarely gets spoken about. The acting, the writing, everything was top notch. Please don't base your opinions on reviews. Do watch it once.
Old 1st April 2021, 13:55   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
Felt like the nominations were purely to satisfy a majority of people within the industry. Filmfare were always controversial however this felt over the top to me or we really did not have many good movies in the previous year.
Thappad is a movie which doesn't challenge patriarchy by going overboard with eloquent speeches or over the top histrionics. If you like the power of understated expressions and a dogged determination expressed via silence and without going overboard, it's a must watch then.

My additional two cents. A little paradox though, if anyone feels conflicted after watching the movie with a reasoning that it was just in the heat of the moment episode around which the movie is premised, that will be the closest example of something called as "unconscious bias".
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 14:06   #3608
Senior - BHPian

Thappad does go over a serious topic. But not sure it had enough movie material to show. A topic might need a serious exploration. A movie about it might not be great ! I have seen it and its an average movie. And just because one does a serious role doesnt make them great actors either.
srishiva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 14:19   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Thappad does go over a serious topic. But not sure it had enough movie material to show. A topic might need a serious exploration. A movie about it might not be great ! I have seen it and its an average movie. And just because one does a serious role doesnt make them great actors either.
Agreed on the actors argument. To me, it was more of director's credit rather than the actors.
Old 9th April 2021, 13:12   #3610
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Big Bull = 1 / 5 stars. YUCK! And I say this as a big fan of Abhishek Bachchan as well as business movies. In one line = avoid.

In more lines, Bachchan has tried to do a "Guru" (awesome movie by the way), but failed miserably. He looks tired & completely lacking in the motivation of Harshad Mehta. If you want to watch the real story, watch the "Scam 1992" TV show which blows this movie out of the water.

Now I know why The Big Bull was delayed. It completely pales in comparison to the Scam 1992 web series.

GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 13:29   #3611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Big Bull = 1 / 5 stars. YUCK! And I say this as a big fan of Abhishek Bachchan as well as business movies. In one line = avoid.

In more lines, Bachchan has tried to do a "Guru" (awesome movie by the way), but failed miserably. He looks tired & completely lacking in the motivation of Harshad Mehta. If you want to watch the real story, watch the "Scam 1992" TV show which blows this movie out of the water.

Now I know why The Big Bull was delayed. It completely pales in comparison to the Scam 1992 web series.

Totally agree. Watched it last night and I kind of expected it to be disappointing. Too hurried and too much stuffed into those 2.5 hours. Acting talent wasted and not a candle to the Scam 1992 series. which goes into full details of the actual scam. In the series you felt for the character of Pratik Gandhi, here not at all. Thankfully it released on OTT and not theatres.
Dippy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 14:38   #3612
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If only I had read this last night!

What a disastrous movie. Not that I had any high expectations from this one after watching the wonderful series; but this one failed miserably.

Guys, please pleease avoid this one.

I would suggest you’ll watch the Scam 1992 again, rather then watching this movie.
ashvek3141 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 23:17   #3613
Senior - BHPian

The Big Bull. 1/5
Abhishek has tried to put some villainy into the character, flaring nose (gnashing teeth) et all, which was not required. The script is a big let down. None of the characters are fleshed out and the actors lose steam. And whats with the atrocious music, (so ill timed as well). Watched just few minutes of this trash.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 20:55   #3614
BHPian

Watched Ajeet Daastaans on Netflix. It is a conglomerate of four stories directed by different directors. I liked three out of four stories, didn’t like the one with Konkana Sen Sharma and Aditi Rao. Jaideep Ahlawat and Fatima Sheikh were particularly good in their roles.

I would rate it 3.5/5.

Last edited by sahil624 : 17th April 2021 at 21:02.
sahil624 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 21:27   #3615
Senior - BHPian

Guru 1/5

Ok I got the name of the movie wrong. But that's what you are reminded of after watching Big Bull Abhishek tried a lot to keep up with the role however he had to over come two major challenges:
- Comparison of his till date brilliant performance in Guru
- Be better than Pratik Gandhi of Scam 1992

Unfortunately he failed to carry the movie and keep us engrossed. Screenplay was poor, music was atrocious and those blinking screen gimmick
It is said that Pratik could do justice to Harshad Mehta as he himself is a Gujarati. However, aren't actors expected to act as per the character? The supporting cast of Big Bull were disappointing as well. They tried with few lookalike characters but thats what the movie is all about - All looks no soul.
Surprisingly, Illeana acted pretty well apart from the last scene where she was made to look like an Elf with a white streak of hair.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 17th April 2021 at 21:31.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks