Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2019, 16:46   #3421
KPR
BANNED

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched Badla on Netflix yesterday. Somehow I cannot stand Tapsee's character in the film and her acting right from beginning of the movie. Remaining are all good. 3.5 out of 5. What interested me was the Green coloured Jeep owned by Toor's family.
Old 10th December 2019, 17:02   #3422
BHPian

Panipat 2/5

Ashutosh Gowariker’s magnum opus ‘Panipat’ is based on historical facts albeit distorted a few of them in the movie.

Falsification is not the movie's worst aberration. We have learnt to live with filmmakers taking liberties with history in the interest of an engaging story. Padmavat made more noise with the controversy but it turned out to be a good movie as well. Panipat was fairly opposite, hardly any controversial publicity and it turns out to be an average movie.

Dialogues did not lit any fire in the belly nor did the background music. Those awful Marathi interjections, were irritating and ceased the continuity of the scene.

Sanjay Dutt tries to put a good show but Ashutosh has not given him much to explore. Especially his dialogues were not so hard hitting like the ones given to Ranveer Singh. Cannot stop making a comparison, but this movie fails to even get close to Padmavat.

Probably we are seeing the decline of a dexterous director with poor star cast decisions and average music, unlike in Lagaan and Jodha Akbar.
Old 12th December 2019, 11:55   #3423
Senior - BHPian

War is available on Prime now, started watching it yesterday and failed to bear it for more than 15 mins. I am amazed at the amount of liberty filmmakers take. The complete focus was on making everything look asthetically pleasing. I am sure all this would have looked glorious on large cinema screen and that is precisely why the movie managed to rack such massive collection.
Old 15th December 2019, 10:06   #3424
BHPian

Watched Pati Patni Aur Woh last night with patni The audience was mostly college goers and couples, rightly so.
It’s a one time watch movie. I found the first half much funny than the latter half.
Will rate 3.5/5
Old 1st January 2020, 20:06   #3425
BHPian

Watched "Good Newzz" today.

This film could have also been made into one that dealt with medical ethics / negligence and ethical dilemma. Parenthood as perceived by men and women could have been portrayed in a tad serious way though such scenes still form a small percentage of the movie. Such movie would not have appealed to the masses.

Hence a lot of "Spam", "Flesh", "Horror" make their way into the film to make it a laugh riot . Akshay kumar's film all the way and reminds of his role in Hera Pheri series. The one liners are excellent. Good one time watch.

Also got to know the features of VW Tiguan.

Rating : 3.5/5
Old 5th January 2020, 18:26   #3426
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
The one liners are excellent. Good one time watch.
So wait for it to hit the tube or worth going to theatre?

Quote:
Also got to know the features of VW Tiguan.
Please elaborate .
Old 5th January 2020, 18:45   #3427
BHPian

Dabangg 3:
Took parents to this movie yesterday and by Vishnu there couldn't have been a worse off plot! I mean, where do I begin!
The story is written by Salman Khan. There! That should be the warning line on the posters.
The last movie featuring Salman Khan that I wasted my money in a movie theater was the epic (NOT) "Jai Ho" like 6 years ago.
Have to admit, there is "age like a fine wine" and the opposite should be "rot like a puked salami". Yikes.

A.V.O.I.D.
I know i will, all future Salman Khan movies.
Rating 0.5/100
Old 5th January 2020, 22:39   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So wait for it to hit the tube or worth going to theatre?
Better to wait to hit the tube. It is a one time watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Please elaborate .
Here they are...

Old 12th January 2020, 23:15   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I've watched the original movie ArjunReddy of which KabirSingh is a remake. One of the most stupid, illogical and useless movies I watched last year. Absolute crap. It was a huge box office hit and commercial success I know( That's more because of the some clothesless scenes and many smooching scenes I feel).
Heard that Shahid has acted well but the story itself is terrible IMO!
Saw KabirSingh today. Utter crap movie. Haven't seen the ArjunReddy but KabirSingh is exactly what you have just described.

Stupid logic, over the top drama and 'Tashan', idiotic scenes with no logic at any point in the entire movie, and guess what - stupid smooches all around and all that crap that sells these days it seems. Shahids acting - have no opinion on it. I believe he can do better and this was just a regular movie of him.
Old 13th January 2020, 07:39   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
War is available on Prime now, started watching it yesterday and failed to bear it for more than 15 mins. I am amazed at the amount of liberty filmmakers take. The complete focus was on making everything look asthetically pleasing. I am sure all this would have looked glorious on large cinema screen and that is precisely why the movie managed to rack such massive collection.
Agree with you on this review. Being a veteran myself, I could only laugh at liberties these filmmakers take with uniform/forces. The sets look awful and dramatization is overly done. One song is foot tapping and that is one highlight of the entire movie. I did not find it worth the time.
Old 16th January 2020, 13:31   #3431
Senior - BHPian

People who have seen both Tanhaji and Good news, please recommend what to watch among these. Can only see 1 of them this monday.
Old 16th January 2020, 13:45   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
People who have seen both Tanhaji and Good news, please recommend what to watch among these. Can only see 1 of them this monday.
Watch Tanhaji in 3D. It is a well made movie.The first half is slow and there are few glitches with the actual events which happened but still one of the best movies of the year.

Others who have already watched the movie, what are your thoughts of the script replacing the pet monitor lizard of Tanaji with Ghorpade's (people with that surname, Ghorpad being the Marathi word of Monitor Lizard).

Last edited by bblost : 16th January 2020 at 21:59. Reason: Removed a line as it discussed a key part of the movie's ending.
Old 17th January 2020, 23:02   #3433
BHPian

Watched Tanhaji (in 3D) today.

Could have been better.

Couldn't help comparing with Padmaavat. Khilji's role played by Ranveer Singh was way better than Udaybhan Singh's role played by Saif Ali khan. Dance sequences were also much better in Padmaavat. Of course it was Sanjay Leela Bhansali's movie.

Ajay Devgn and Kajol could have certainly provided much more life to the roles they played but alas they have not been able to. The passion which was required of the roles was sorely missing.

Finally the CGI is excessive. Some have compared it to Prince of Persia like sequences. - which I agree.

Rating : 3/5

Last edited by AltoLXI : 17th January 2020 at 23:04.
Old 18th January 2020, 16:27   #3434
Senior - BHPian

Ghost Stories- Had read bad reviews about this Netflix original Movie. But still decided to watch due to Dibaker Banerjee and Anurag Kashyap.

Should have stayed away.

My rating would be 2/5, just because of Dibaker Banerjee piece. Everyone else disappoints.
Old 18th January 2020, 16:55   #3435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Others who have already watched the movie, what are your thoughts of the script replacing the pet monitor lizard of Tanaji with Ghorpade's (people with that surname, Ghorpad being the Marathi word of Monitor Lizard).
There is no historical evidence that Ghorpads were actually used in the accent of Sinhagad. It's just a legend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks