Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2019, 18:05   #3391
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

War - 2/5

Good location and brilliant acting by Hrithik. But somehow felt the movie was scripted overnight and was almost like a relaunch of Tiger Shroff.

My first Tiger Shroff movie and he does have some great talent. A bright future ahead, may not be in the league of Hrithik but definitely a good replacement in the coming years.
Old 5th November 2019, 08:03   #3392
GTO
Team-BHP Support

"Drive" - a car movie - just released on Netflix. Any reviews? Any BHPians willing to become the guinea pig?

Old 5th November 2019, 08:30   #3393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
"Drive" - a car movie - just released on Netflix. Any reviews?
Please, no! A friend shared this Reddit link which sealed the deal for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comme...an_this_scene/
Old 5th November 2019, 09:38   #3394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Drive" - a car movie - just released on Netflix. Any reviews? Any BHPians willing to become the guinea pig?
I couldn't bear to watch the trailer, why would you want us BHPians to be subjected through this torture!!
Old 5th November 2019, 09:44   #3395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am pretty sure that the only good part about this movie will be the lead actress in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
I couldn't bear to watch the trailer, why would you want us BHPians to be subjected through this torture!!
Ha ha. Completely agree. Not at all optimistic on the car related content, or even any other content in re this movie. Sorry if I am being pessimistic, but something tells me that I might just be right on this one.
Old 5th November 2019, 23:45   #3396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Please, no! A friend shared this Reddit link which sealed the deal for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comme...an_this_scene/
Man, that is really pathetic! Wonder how did Netflix ok it. It does tarnish their image as well as it is a netflix original.
Old 6th November 2019, 06:41   #3397
Senior - BHPian

Oh I watch anything, so consumed it with aplomb (yes, the situation was demanding). LOL The sheer ineptitude of the movie is supposed to thrill, so I just smiled through the fare without any hint of desperation. And survived it. They even found a 'desi-Vin Deejall' so the F&F rip off is complete. I'm writing to them to give viewers a 'BLOCK' option, and rating it 'star-less'.
Quote:
Old 6th November 2019, 07:08   #3398
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive- I happened to view (err...bear) this torture (only for 20-25 mins) and that was enough to pull my hair out and look frantically around for a heavy object to throw at my TV screen.

Netflix is nuts to let their fabulous content reputation go to dogs with this crap

As many said, mobile games from several years ago had better CGI and overall rendition

Avoid watching this and save yourself a lot of grief !!!

0/5
Old 6th November 2019, 07:09   #3399
BHPian

The Hindi Movies Thread

Drive- One pathetic movie. Karan Johar could not get theatre release for this movie for long and then he shoved it to Netflix as part of the deal he has with them. Me and my wife had to tolerate it as our kids wanted to watch it because of the cars. I still cringe when I come to think of it. Please avoid it at all costs.
Old 6th November 2019, 17:39   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Saw the newly released 'Mard ko dard nahi hota'.
What a fresh new way of presenting a feature film. Crisp acting, un complicated plot, exceptional action sequences and very tight presentation. The lead has a persona similar to those 70s/80s western action starts and the film direction is reminiscence to the style similar to that of Frank Miller and Robert Rodriquez.
Give this one a go, it should not be disappointed.
What a recommendation, Thanks! What a movie! Its being shown on tata sky on the Mumbai film festival channel. Happened to watch it over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed the humour as well as action.
Old 6th November 2019, 18:20   #3401
BHPian

Instead of watching the Hindi "Drive", please watch the English one - the one with Ryan Gosling as the driver.
Old 6th November 2019, 20:27   #3402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Drive- I happened to view (err...bear) this torture (only for 20-25 mins) and that was enough to pull my hair out and look frantically around for a heavy object to throw at my TV screen.

Netflix is nuts to let their fabulous content reputation go to dogs with this crap

As many said, mobile games from several years ago had better CGI and overall rendition

Avoid watching this and save yourself a lot of grief !!!

0/5
Well, I could last only 10 mins. There is pathetic and then there would be something below it, this is even below that.

Anyways, watched Mission Mangal on Hotstar. A good one time watch. Though many things in the movie are absolutely impossible to comprehend still it doesn't bores you at any time.
Old 6th November 2019, 20:32   #3403
Senior - BHPian

Watched Mission Mangal. Absolutely wasted time. Sonakshi a scientist ? smoking and all the vibes ?
The casting is horrible. No story. I have lots of friends working in ISRO and talked to them about the movie and they had nothing to say. It doesnt show anything new and pales in comparison to even documentaries. Doesnt even look at a typical ISRO environment either in kind of people or environment.
Old 6th November 2019, 21:37   #3404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
What a recommendation, Thanks! What a movie! Its being shown on tata sky on the Mumbai film festival channel. Happened to watch it over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed the humour as well as action.
I started watching this movie on YouTube, (it surely looked like a legitimate upload with 720p resolution), but then after I took a break & tried again, the movie didn't come up in the list! It not even there in the watched History.

for a moment I thought I was day dreaming but then I'd seen the first 12 minutes of the movie!

If anyone has the YouTube link, do post it here

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 6th November 2019 at 21:43.
Old 6th November 2019, 23:59   #3405
Senior - BHPian

There is no thread for Hindi Documentaries, so here is a one that I found very interesting :

Ram Ke Naam is a brilliant documentary made by Anand Patwardhan in 1991 most relevant to anyone who let's jingoism get the better of themselves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks