Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2013, 18:11   #2326
Team-BHP Support

Watched Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani today. It's after a long time we managed to catch a Hindi movie in a cinema hall, and should say that it was really worth the time. It's a bit slow paced but that non-hurried approach worked very well (atleast for me). All the actors, irrespective of the screen-time have done a wonderful job. A special mention to Kalki and Farooque Sheikh!

This is not as raw as Wake up Sid, but still a very likable work. Looking forward to Ayan Mukerji's next!

Rating: 4/5

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd June 2013 at 18:12.
Old 2nd June 2013, 18:43   #2327
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Watched the movie "David" last weekend. I heard some good feedback in general. After watching this I was preasantly surprised. Excellent cinematography and screenplay. Technically brilliant.
Later I found the director(Bijoy) is Johnny Gaddaar and Saitan fame. You just got one more added to your fanlist.
These are the brave, new breed of Indian film makers. Bolywood's finest.
Johnny Gaddar is from Sriram Raghavan AFAIK. The same guy who made Agent Vinod and Ek Hasina Thi. Fantastic movie!!!
Old 3rd June 2013, 23:24   #2328
BHPian

Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani.....used rally driving skills to make it to the theatre on time, and returned with nothing much to remember.

Flashy, polished, opulent but matter-less, as any other Karan Johar movie. Much like a can of diet Pepsi.

The movie has some rare flashes of brilliance, but they come more like the inconsequential sixer in a match whose fate has already been sealed. Deepika manages to make some moments her own as does Ranbir.

Absolutely loved the "badtameez dil" song. It is fabulously shot too. Farookh Sheikh does a nice cameo. And of course Ranbir Kapoor justifies, as always, why he is clearly destined for big things ahead in his career.

Clearly the movie is all about Ranbir Kapoor even though there are three more people of the same age in the movie.

There is the customary Karan Johar element of 'cool' in the movie with the protagonists dressed in hip branded clothes mouthing 'dudes' and 'bros' and 'whatevers' - which, incidentally irritates me to no end - and there is again the customary but utterly unnecessary appearance of a gay cameo in the movie.

Deepika looks smashing in some scenes and not so much in others. It may just be me, but the lithe 'athletic' frame that was her distinction among others is now no more. Kalki overacts, hams and shrieks, and but still holds her own. The other 'dude' in the movie could have been replaced by a palm tree and the movie could still have been as effective.

All in all, 2 stars for the movie. One for Jr. Kapoor and one for the badtameez song that is a must see on the big screen.

Rating: Star Star Yawn Yawn Yawn.

Last edited by NinadJoshi : 3rd June 2013 at 23:30.
Old 4th June 2013, 08:09   #2329
Senior - BHPian

What Jawani!! What Diwani!? Missing Kahani!!

I want the 3 hours of my life back.

-- where do they get such "dil faink" candy floss characters in real life, who are ready to fall in love with someone they have never known after just 2 days?
Old 4th June 2013, 08:20   #2330
BHPian

Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani 2.5/5

Some might like it a lot but for me it was ok kind of movie. I felt as if they added bit of story in the front and to the end for the movie "Luv Aaj Kal". Ranbir was good as usual.
Old 4th June 2013, 10:40   #2331
BHPian

YJHD: 2.5/5

Candy floss movie. Typical KJo influence, with the larger than life events. It is a cheesy, feel good, no-brainer movie.

• No Slapstick comedy (I can't tolerate them at all)
  • Filming/ Cinematography of the first half is good
  • RK is good. With the kind of role he has, he justifies it
  • Badtameez Dil
  • Farooq Sheikh: shows the quality, hardly 5 minutes of screen space and he delivers
Dislikes:
  • No story,cliched, predictable
  • Ayan Mukherjee disappoints
  • KJo impressions
Old 6th June 2013, 11:57   #2332
Distinguished - BHPian

Commando:

Did i miss the reviews for this one here?
Story: 0.5/5
Heroine: 0.5/5
Other actors: 0.5/5

Vidyut Jamwal: Bloody Hell!!!
Get this movie, and forward through everything except the fights.
I had read about his MMA and yamakazi training, but I thought it would be like Akshay kumars martial arts. Remember when AK did that demo on tv with the shaolin monks, and hit the monks hands with a roundhouse instead of the matka?
Well, this is guy is actually an accomplished fighter, at least visually.
Fantastic action!
I am so surprised to see such a trained guy in bollywood. Sort of a mix between tony jaa and statham. If he was in hollywood, he's have a franchise built around him. Still leaves a lot to be desired by way of acting skills, but killer moves, man!!

5/5 just for the action!
Old 6th June 2013, 12:22   #2333
BHPian

Saw Go Goa Gone over the weekend. I know I am catching this late but had to see this after reading positive reviews all over the web and it did not disappoint. Kunal Khemu is the star of the movie. Vir Das and the heroine named Luna were also good. Saif Ali Khan had a good impact even though he had less screen time. Would definitely recommend this to everyone. This movie is strictly for youngsters though.
Old 6th June 2013, 12:48   #2334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Excellent

He was the villain in John Abraham movie FORCE. Very humble person

He makes other bollywood action heroes look like fools. I read that he started practicing martial arts (Kalaripayattu) at the age of 3.
Old 6th June 2013, 13:50   #2335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
He makes other bollywood action heroes look like fools. I read that he started practicing martial arts (Kalaripayattu) at the age of 3.
Talking about action and martial arts, have you guys seen The Raid redemption (sorry not a hindi movie and on this thread but still couldnt resist).

Totally amazing fights. I dont think I've seen better martial arts than that.
Old 6th June 2013, 14:00   #2336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Excellent

He was the villain in John Abraham movie FORCE. Very humble person

Taking of force, there is a "fata poster nikla hero" moment, literally, where he tears through a force poster to step out!
Old 6th June 2013, 17:33   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Commando:

Get this movie, and forward through everything except the fights.
I had read about his MMA and yamakazi training, but I thought it would be like Akshay kumars martial arts. Remember when AK did that demo on tv with the shaolin monks, and hit the monks hands with a roundhouse instead of the matka?
Well, this is guy is actually an accomplished fighter, at least visually.
Fantastic action!
I am so surprised to see such a trained guy in bollywood. Sort of a mix between tony jaa and statham. If he was in hollywood, he's have a franchise built around him. Still leaves a lot to be desired by way of acting skills, but killer moves, man!!

5/5 just for the action!
+100 to the above. I loved the movie obviously for the action scenes.

Since watching it first time in the cinema hall, I have seen it 5 times in the exact fashion as you described above by skipping the non fighting scenes. It is such an adrenaline rush to see the guy perform kick ass action.

The producers have already announced a sequel, however I hope they hire a better director and edit the film crisply. Eagerly awaiting it.
Old 15th June 2013, 18:29   #2338
BHPian

Saw Yeh Jawaani Hain Deewani (YJHD) today. This movie brought a smile to my face. I read some where that this movie has already grossed >100 crores and I am not surprised at all. All actors have done a fantastic job but for me Deepika has been the most impressive. There is no story as such and this is a usual romantic love story but which has been presented nicely. I really liked the filming of 2 songs: "Baadtameez Dil" and "Balaam Pickhaari". Farooq Shiekh even in his 2 minute role leaves a great impact. All in all - a super time pass movie with some cool shots of Manali.
Old 16th June 2013, 13:55   #2339
Senior - BHPian

Anyone seen fukrey?
Have been reading good user reviews on net about it.
Old 22nd June 2013, 01:26   #2340
BHPian

I have decided to follow 2 rules:

1. Always learn from your mistakes
2. Always learn from mistakes made by other people

Rule 1 is specifically for me as today I went to see Raanjhanaa. Rule number 2 is for all others who are thinking of watching this movie. I would sincerely request all to avoid this movie. There is absolutely no story in this movie, no direction, no acting - There is absolutely nothing. I can forgive Dhanush because this is his 1st hindi film (but his acting is still bad). Sonam Kapoor just cannot improve her acting skills. I went to see this movie after some one told me in the office that this movie has got decent reviews and it was a bad decision. I really cannot even describe how bad the movie is .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks