Old 26th December 2012, 14:54   #2206
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched Dabangg 2 - pathetic movie!!

0.5 star from me and that is for Kareena
Old 26th December 2012, 15:11   #2207
BHPian

I have never understood the directors take with movies such as Dabangg,Dabangg2.What do they think of indian audience?, while they churn up mindless action, comedy.How many more generations will it continue?.These movies make Indian cinema a big Joke & we expats bear the brunt & mock of other nationalities.These movies are just absurd -5 from me.
Old 26th December 2012, 15:17   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Watched Dabangg 2 - pathetic movie!!

0.5 star from me and that is for Kareena
The magic of Dabangg was because of the man called "Abhinav Kashyap".
It is said that he opted out of Sequel. Don't know what were the reasons.

Dabangg-2 is directed by Arbaaz and Malaika. And the results are before our eyes.
Even "Fevicol" song does not have magic of "Munni". But has Kareena as saving grace.

I am not going to watch this in theater.
Old 26th December 2012, 15:56   #2209
Distinguished - BHPian

Dabangg 2

Horrible movie. There is no script. There is only Salman Khan and everything else has been scheduled/planned around him. Jokes have been re-re-used from the first movie, and in a manner that doesn't even suit the situation. There is no concrete role for the brother, the father, the brother's wife and even the villain!

In spite of everything, Salman Khan still does a good job of his role, if it can be called one. Ironically, the crowd in my theater was enjoying the movie completely, even laughing at jokes that can't even be called PJs. Well, no wonder the movie is grossing money.

Rating: 0.5 stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
The magic of Dabangg was because of the man called "Abhinav Kashyap".
It is said that he opted out of Sequel. Don't know what were the reasons.
+1 to this. There was a lot of noise created, especially online when the Khans decided to remove Abhinav Kashyap out of the equation. Apparently both of them tweeted (or commented to reporters) and it ended there.

Quote:
Even "Fevicol" song does not have magic of "Munni". But has Kareena as saving grace.
Munni does make a short appearance in one of the songs - she still has the magic clearly as she overshadows Sonakshi who looks like her mom in the song, in terms of looks, and dancing abilities. Wonder why they got in Kareena too. Maybe something to do between the husband & wife?

Last edited by ninjatalli : 26th December 2012 at 16:04.
Old 26th December 2012, 16:03   #2210
BHPian

I am one of those who are the the minority (majority?) who enjoyed Dabaang II. Yes, its mindless, yes its crass in parts, yes there is no story and the villan does not even do as good a job as he did in Singham or wanted. Basicall this is an out and out Salman han movie and he does his job and thats about it. Much better than Ready and Bodyguard for sure and total timepass. Watch this only if you can leave your brains behind and enjoy what is on show without thinking too much.
Old 26th December 2012, 16:54   #2211
BHPian

Watched OMG over the weekend. Having seen the english version (The Man Who Sued God), i would say its a very pleasant movie.
Entertaining and logical movie which does not challenge the intelligence of the viewer (unlike most of our recent 100Crore superhits).
Old 26th December 2012, 17:09   #2212
BHPian

Watched Dabangg2 on Sunday. I knew it was a brainless movie and hence lowered my expectations accordingly. I do not endorse slapstick comedies which are the trend now but I don't know when it comes to Dabangg, I love Chulbul Pandey. We intentionally decided to go to single screen theater and not a multiplex. And boy! It was the best decision. You get to see the phenomenon called 'Salman Khan'. People were whistling, screaming and dancing non stop. A full entertainment, not only the movie but the whole experience
The choice of the villain (Prakash Raj) is not suitable. Watch it for some comic one liners and the chemistry between Chulbul Pandey and the Choubey's and Tiwari's
Old 26th December 2012, 19:14   #2213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Watched Dabangg2 on Sunday. I knew it was a brainless movie and hence lowered my expectations accordingly. I do not endorse slapstick comedies which are the trend now but I don't know when it comes to Dabangg, I love Chulbul Pandey. We intentionally decided to go to single screen theater and not a multiplex. And boy! It was the best decision. You get to see the phenomenon called 'Salman Khan'. People were whistling, screaming and dancing non stop. A full entertainment, not only the movie but the whole experience
The choice of the villain (Prakash Raj) is not suitable. Watch it for some comic one liners and the chemistry between Chulbul Pandey and the Choubey's and Tiwari's
Agreed.
It's a fun watch. And being a UPite, I enjoyed it even more. This guy has found his key character, Salman Khan has. In fact, the apparent saving grace for some, Kareena with her song, it was entirely unnecessary.
It's crass, yeah, but the sheer unhummability of the song had me catching those 5minutes to fetch the popcorn.
It's not in the same class with the first though only because it's a sequel.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:04   #2214
BHPian

Watched Dabangg 2 over the weekend. I didn't have any expectations over this movie. But, tried to watch it without having to use brain. Its a waste of your money and time. There is absolutely nothing in this movie. Last Salman's movie I watched in theater was Partner back in 2007 - well, I probably wont watch a Salman movie until next 4-5 years, this was enough to make up for so many years!
Old 27th December 2012, 10:01   #2215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Watched Dabangg 2 over the weekend. I didn't have any expectations over this movie. But, tried to watch it without having to use brain. Its a waste of your money and time. There is absolutely nothing in this movie. Last Salman's movie I watched in theater was Partner back in 2007 - well, I probably wont watch a Salman movie until next 4-5 years, this was enough to make up for so many years!
Same here!!! The last movie of Salman that I watched in the theater was Partner, and that was it for me. I swore to never watch any of his or David Dhawan's movies in the theater.
Old 3rd January 2013, 23:31   #2216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I am one of those who are the the minority (majority?) who enjoyed Dabaang II.
And you are not alone

Watched following movies

Dabbang 2

The Chronicles of Chulbul Pandey continue in this sequel, some of the cast is repeated for just to keep the familiarity of characters & to give a feel that its actually a sequel. The mannerisms remains same & so does the sense of humor.

I hated the Fevicol song when I had only heard it, Kareena does make it more likeable, stlll Munni was far better as a song. Overall a total brainless comedy with quite a few funny moments. If you like Salman Khan you will enjoy, if you don't then you won't.

3.5/5

Khiladi 786

The Khiladi Kumar is back but the guy who shines out in addition is *hold your breath* Himesh Reshamiya who seems to have find his sweet spot in acting. I have been a fan of Himesh's music(not much of his voice) since long & this movie marks his return, all the songs are catchy true to his style. What more interesting is that the movie is Produced & Written by him as well.

Ok, coming back to movie, it has all the cliches that Khiladi series(later ones) is known to have. Akshay shines in his franchise with a mix of Khiladi action & mindless yet not cheap comedy.

4/5
Old 4th January 2013, 09:29   #2217
Senior - BHPian

Was it just my wife and me, or did you guys also feel that Prakash Raj's voice not his own?

And I didn't know that Prakash Rai had changed his name!

I watched the film in Inox, Panaji. Almost half the crowd was of foreigners. Beat that!

Even my mother-in-law enjoyed the movie, not just us. We would rate it only a tad below Dabangg.

I just remembered, there is a reference to the brother of Chheti Singh (villain from Dabangg) searching for Chulbul, towards the end. There were rumours that the brother would be the villain, when the sequel was initially planned. Would it happen in Dabangg 3?

Last edited by rohanjf : 4th January 2013 at 09:40.
Old 4th January 2013, 12:17   #2218
Team-BHP Support

Eagerly waiting for Table # 21 reviews. Anyone planning to see it today / tomorrow ?
Old 4th January 2013, 12:25   #2219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Was it just my wife and me, or did you guys also feel that Prakash Raj's voice not his own?

And I didn't know that Prakash Rai had changed his name!

I watched the film in Inox, Panaji. Almost half the crowd was of foreigners. Beat that!

Even my mother-in-law enjoyed the movie, not just us. We would rate it only a tad below Dabangg.

I just remembered, there is a reference to the brother of Chheti Singh (villain from Dabangg) searching for Chulbul, towards the end. There were rumours that the brother would be the villain, when the sequel was initially planned. Would it happen in Dabangg 3?
Dabangg 3 (should be Dabangg 0.5?)is supposed to be a prequel. Prakash Raj has always been Raj outside Kannada.

The movie met my expectations. There was very less emotional drama in this.

Watched Rang De Basanti now I am realizing that Amir Khans movies are good but his acting is not. He talks and conducts himself the same as what he does in interviews. Where is the acting? You dont seem to concentrate on the character with him.

Watched Cocktail and really liked Deepika's act. Thats how you get into the character.

Last edited by srishiva : 4th January 2013 at 12:31.
Old 4th January 2013, 21:14   #2220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
No I felt the same, infact the whole Prakash Raj signature mannerisms were missing which was bad.
He wasnt his regular self probably because Salman & He have played similar role in Wanted & they wanted to avoid the feeling of Deja Vu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks