Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2012, 18:03   #2161
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

I saw OMG yesterday. Wow, what a refreshing movie. It is the 3 Idiots for Religion.
Old 20th November 2012, 19:17   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Darn! so the marketing man's marketing gimmicks is paying off. I really find it hard to understand the craze for SRK (especially among women) considering he is just an ordinary looking fellow with extraordinary skills of overacting.
You have no idea of the kind of tweets some of the women I follow are making. Most are going to the movie just to swoon on SRK (esp him riding a bullet wearing camo jacket). You can turn off the sound and it won't matter

-- not assuming all are the same, but just an observation!
Old 20th November 2012, 19:20   #2163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I saw OMG yesterday. Wow, what a refreshing movie. It is the 3 Idiots for Religion.
Totally agree. That is probably the best movie of this year. Even my wife (who is a sucker for melodrama and mushy love stories only) liked it. This is one movie that can be watched again and again.
Old 21st November 2012, 01:31   #2164
BHPian

Regarding JTHJ, many of you have spoken and I agree with most of the reviews out here.
It felt more like a brand marketing exercise than a proper movie. Who would go to the extent of putting the Intel tone on an android phone? Katrina kaif having a red laptop when the rest of the people in the boardroom have black laptops?
And not to forget TAG Heuer watches. Does a janitor really make enough money to spend on a TAG Heuer watch?

What noone here has mentioned is the fact how this movie was very similar to a 2008 oscar winner The Hurt Locker. IIRC, the car bomb scene in JTHJ was similar to the one in the Hurt Locker. Also the main reason behind the two turning to Bomb Squads was also similar i.e. for emotional reasons.

P.S who chose Rabbi Shergill to be SRK's playback? From which angle does his voice match with Rabbi Shergill?

SRK should perhaps try better methods to look ageless if he wants to act in movies where he romances girls much younger than him. Im an SRK fan and have watched first day first show of many of his movies whenever possible, but sorry to say the movie disappointed me. Though the locations were beautiful, the storyline was a very common one. And if SRK doesn't up his game, he shall lose out very soon and it would really disappoint me :(

Rating :3/5 (SRK fan hoon, isiliye )
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:00   #2165
BHPian

Thanks guys, all of you who reviewed JTHJ and SOS.
My bucks saved, and now diverted onto India England T20 match for 20th Dec
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:47   #2166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Regarding JTHJ, many of you have spoken and I agree with most of the reviews out here
+1 I feel you review was the closest to what I felt after watching the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
(esp him riding a bullet wearing camo jacket)
Have to admit, he did look good on the bullet with that jacket and aviators.

Watched this movie a couple of days ago :-

I wont go as far as saying most boring 3.15 minutes of my life but, it was like a boring template over extraordinary surroundings

The photography is the best that i ever saw in an Indian movie till date. ZNMD will probably pale in comparison. This has to be the only saving grace

SRK looked good in parts but, looked really old in most part of the movie. His acting seem half hearted and entire storyline was so lame it makes you laugh considering we are living in 2012 and it belongs to a different era.

KK looked simply outstanding and AS is no comparison to her. However, her expressions are becoming too monotonous. Btw, did she go through botox on her lips. They seem to swell with each movie passing through

Anushka was the most irritating part of the entire movie. Her figure is gawky, shapeless and bony thin and she isnt sexy by atleast a mile. Her male type of lingo lost its effect after Band Baja Barat. Can she come out of it and speak proper hindi?

London and Ladakh never looked so beautiful. I was only immersed in the DOP and ignored everything else

Challa song was really nice and it grows on you by the end of the movie because it was shown 3-4 times. First time, I was like " What the hell is this song' and as rightly mentioned the voice and SRK didnt match at all and looked so funny.

SRK dancing in underground competition was so embarrasing. A 47-yr old doing break dance. Grow up SRK

Wifey and mom enjoyed it and said it would be a great movie had they chopped off 1 hour of footage...lol!

2/5 (2 points only for photography)
Old 23rd November 2012, 19:37   #2167
Senior - BHPian

Saw Jab Tak Hai Jahaan today...

Very poor logic and poor film, was not at all worth watching .

1/5.

PS - Has high hope for Talaash releasing next week.
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:40   #2168
NAK

Seems like not many appreciators for JTJH based on all the feedback, guess it made my choice easier...

Eagerly awaiting Talaash to be released, with Aamir involved the content should be much better...
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:41   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Saw Jab Tak Hai Jahaan today...

Very poor logic and poor film, was not at all worth watching .
katrina is Daughter of Punjabi parents, but goes to CHurch and remembers Jesus all the time. this is from Yash CHopra Stable who was Punju Himself
Old 26th November 2012, 01:20   #2170
Senior - BHPian

Got some time to catch up a bollywood movie during our trip and thankfully a good movie it was. The movie was OMG-Oh My God! and I really liked the movie. The story was very clean and to the point and the message was passed very intelligently without being preachy or emotional. A must watch movie for this year.
Rating : 8.5/10
Old 30th November 2012, 12:46   #2171
BHPian

Watched Talaash today. Didn't like it, there were no edge-of-the-chair moments which is expected in a suspense movie, and the climax kills the movie IMHO. I'd give it a 2/5 at best. Kahaani was much, much better than Talaash.
Old 30th November 2012, 12:52   #2172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Watched Talaash today. Didn't like it, there were no edge-of-the-chair moments which is expected in a suspense movie, and the climax kills the movie IMHO. I'd give it a 2/5 at best. Kahaani was much, much better than Talaash.
Darn, I was so not hoping this would happen. I was extremely impressed with Kahaani. Looks like Talaash is a downer in comparison

Why do over hyped movies turn into such damp squibs

Btw, dont tell me you saw this today morning show 9:00AM?
Old 30th November 2012, 12:59   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, dont tell me you saw this today morning show 9:00AM?
Yeah, it's still better than attending lectures at 8 am on a Friday morning I guess

The characters, their acting and the dialogues in the movie is good, but has a weak storyline. Anyway, that's my opinion, there might be others who won't agree with me.
Old 1st December 2012, 09:19   #2174
Senior - BHPian

Khoda pahad, nikla chuha (I drilled a mountain looking for treasure, but got a mouse). Talaash felt the same way. It has a weak plot. Acting wise all were good, nothing out of the blues. Songs were okayish.

Overall, a 2.5/5 from my side.
Old 1st December 2012, 09:28   #2175
BHPian

Talaash benefits from its unusual story telling way along with efficient performance from the lead. Kareena Kapoor surprisingly stands out among all with a very impressive and convincing act.

The story isn't extraordinary nor is this Aamir Khan's best performance. Yet the different treatment to the subject works. Its not an outright thriller which keeps you on the toes all the time but its a suspense drama with an emotional story going side by.

* rating : 3/5 Watch it for the director's finesse
which makes this movie quite interesting till the
end. Well almost

# Kahaani remains the best thriller ever made in
Hindi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks