Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 22:55   #2131
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

English Vinglish

Great story, great acting, very good music. Direction was pretty good. To the point and not beating around the bush. I personally know some people who were similarly rebuked and came back strongly. Its hats off to those people. A must watch movie. The french guy acted really well.

Sridevi's come back film is worth every penny. Somehow her voice seem very different.

4.5/5

Ajab Gazab Love

I want my 2 hours back. What a waste of time, money and resources. The songs are good, Boom Boom is foot tapping. The story is lame and beaten to death many times. Acting is ok from leads as it demands no histrionics. Some scenes are funny.

Can't believe Sanjay Gadhvi who gave us Dhoom agreed to do this movie.

2/5 (Songs and lovely locations)

Student of the Year

Repetitive story line, good songs, direction was not upto KJo mark. Rivalry makes you laugh. Treasure hunt was laughable. New comers were ok. Ram kapoor and Rishi Kapoor were excellent so was the coach. Waste of money, time and energy.

2/5 (Songs and RK)

Last edited by chevelle : 29th October 2012 at 23:00.
Old 4th November 2012, 10:41   #2132
Distinguished - BHPian

Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana

Why don't more Indian directors experiment with the different basic styles of our Indian cultures? It makes the movie all the more watchable. We can connect to it completely, and enjoy it all the more; even the songs! This is raw Indian humor as clean as it can be. There is no NRI-giri, no wow-factor. Simple story of a family with a lot of twists pulled in. Some you know will happen, but the way those twists are presented are wicked!

Watch this movie. I saw this movie on a back to back session after Skyfall. I expected to sleep off during the movie (11 pm show), expecting NRI-based jokes and similar stuff, that has been repeated and redone several times. But this was nothing what I expected. A bit too long, with some un-necessary drama sessions in the first half. But the second half makes up for it.

Rating: 3.5/5

Last edited by ninjatalli : 4th November 2012 at 10:43.
Old 4th November 2012, 21:13   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
[b]English Vinglish

Good movie. Atypical of the standard Hindi fare, which is loud, garish and over the top. Expressions are frequently employed to communicate than words. Liiikkke it!
Sridevi comes back to shut the collective mouths of the wannabes. Bring back the old brigade, i say. Just wish she hadn't screwed up her face, thereby altering her diction.

M.Mehdi Nebbou is oh-so-French. Delicious
Old 7th November 2012, 13:54   #2134
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright, I am a sucker for horror genre so went for "1920-Evil Returns" starring Aftab Shivdasani

This has to be the most horrible movie I have seen in recent past. It was even bad than Bhoot Returns which now seems like a master piece.

Why?

Loud cacophony background score. I had to squeeze my ears shut fearing hearing loss

Cliched dialogues like " Kaun hai yeh, Iski pehchaan kya hai" by Vidya Malavade to Aftab carrying an unconsious girl. Darn girl, how can he answer that question as he found that girl unconsious

Wooden acting by everyone as if they got paid less for their roles

Characters jump into the scene from nowhere "Shout a few dialogues" & " Disappear"

Unecessary and meaningless songs that make you feel like tearing your hair apart

Cinematography was only thing that was worth its salt.

I am still wondering what went wrong with Vikram Bhatt? Competing with RGV for the coveted award of worst horror director? First part of 1920 was indeed good and was scary in many places.

Result : We were fighting to get out of the theatre at intermission. TOI writer should be sacked for misleading viewers and giving it a 3/5 star with such agood review of every aspect of the movie

0/5
Old 15th November 2012, 01:36   #2135
Senior - BHPian

No reviews yet of "Jab tak hai Jaan" and "Son of Sardar"?
I have a sneaky feeling that both these movies are utter crap.

Dabangg 2 has disappointed with its first song released recently.

On the other hand "Talaash" scored its first hit in form of the song "Jee Le Zara".

Finally Akskhay Kumar give takes up the fight to the South Indian Action stars in area of impossible stunts.
Stamping a Jeep to ground?
Just walking and goons flying?

On a related note what has gone into Himesh Reshmiya? If there is something called Self-"Molestation" (Can't use the harsher word, public forum) then this guy is doing it.

Last edited by download2live : 15th November 2012 at 01:37.
Old 15th November 2012, 01:49   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
No reviews yet of "Jab tak hai Jaan" and "Son of Sardar"?
Watched SOS yesterday. Comedy movie and plot seems okay. Fight scenes will put Rajnikath to shame . Good acting by Sanjay Dutt & his nephews in the movie. Ajay Devgn has made himself look like a joker in this movie.

Watch it if you want to rest your brain & common sense and laugh for 2 hrs.

I will rate this movie at 3/5.
Quote:
Finally Akskhay Kumar give takes up the fight to the South Indian Action stars in area of impossible stunts.
Another wannabe Rajni. But might watch it for Mithun Chakraborty.
Old 15th November 2012, 08:58   #2137
MCR
BHPian

Watched Son Of Sardar and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The performances of Ajay and Sanjay are simply excellent. Juhi is simply superb.
My rating - 3.5/5
Old 15th November 2012, 12:51   #2138
BHPian

Watched Jab Tak Hai Jaan on November 13. I was expecting a typical Yash Chopra romantical movie & I wasn't disappointed. But at a running time of 3 hours, crisper editing would have made it a better watch.

As always, Shahrukh carries the film. He's hid his age well! Katrina is good. I felt Anushka a bit over-acting. Was good to see a RE TB500 in the streets of London.

Everytime I see Leh-Ladakh on screen, my urge to visit only gets increased. Beautifully captured in the movie too.

My rating: 3/5
Old 15th November 2012, 13:47   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Result : We were fighting to get out of the theatre at intermission. TOI writer should be sacked for misleading viewers and giving it a 3/5 star with such agood review of every aspect of the movie

0/5
NEVER judge a movie by the ratings TOI gives. I consider them as one of the worst movie reviewers of India, especially one called Taran Adarsh. Completely baseless ratings for movies. Earlier it was Khalid Mohammad who gave movies like Lagaan and Dil Chahta Hai 4 star ratings while Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum received 5 stars!!! Its clearly evident that all are paid reviews.
Old 15th November 2012, 14:39   #2140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_

NEVER judge a movie by the ratings TOI gives. I consider them as one of the worst movie reviewers of India, especially one called Taran Adarsh. Completely baseless ratings for movies. Earlier it was Khalid Mohammad who gave movies like Lagaan and Dil Chahta Hai 4 star ratings while Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum received 5 stars!!! Its clearly evident that all are paid reviews.
Yeah,I always make it a point to watch movies which get too much trashingby toi.
One time they were right, with Jimmy, but usually there's some bias I feel.
Old 15th November 2012, 14:41   #2141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Earlier it was Khalid Mohammad who gave movies like Lagaan and Dil Chahta Hai 4 star ratings while Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum received 5 stars!!! Its clearly evident that all are paid reviews.
If I remember correctly it was Khalid Mohamad who made the best Indian movie ever - Boom!!
Old 15th November 2012, 15:07   #2142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
If I remember correctly it was Khalid Mohamad who made the best Indian movie ever - Boom!!
Boom was by Kaizad Gustad.

Anyways, when these so called great reviewers come up with their own movie, normally it will be a bit of a compromised product. I think it was Khalid Mohamed who directed Fiza, and a couple of other movies (don’t remember the names).
Old 15th November 2012, 16:07   #2143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
NEVER judge a movie by the ratings TOI gives.
Does anyone out here consider any part of the TOI newspaper useful? For me the only good section is the cartoon comics, and that's all. Oh yea, the editorial section might have one or two good editorials once in a while! Otherwise the newspaper (all sections included) is paid news!

P.s. This is from a guy who's family has bought only TOI over the past two+ decades. I still keep arguing with them to change the newspaper. No effect.
Old 15th November 2012, 16:14   #2144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M View Post
Watched Jab Tak Hai Jaan on November 13. I was expecting a typical Yash Chopra romantical movie & I wasn't disappointed. But at a running time of 3 hours, crisper editing would have made it a better watch.

As always, Shahrukh carries the film. He's hid his age well! Katrina is good. I felt Anushka a bit over-acting. Was good to see a RE TB500 in the streets of London.

Everytime I see Leh-Ladakh on screen, my urge to visit only gets increased. Beautifully captured in the movie too.

My rating: 3/5
+1 to that. All in all a good watch, especially the locations.

Glaring error which motorheads will notice: A Rolls Royce Phantom and a Veyron (Parked outside Kats house) shown in year 2002!!
Old 15th November 2012, 16:20   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490

+1 to that. All in all a good watch, especially the locations.

Glaring error which motorheads will notice: A Rolls Royce Phantom and a Veyron (Parked outside Kats house) shown in year 2002!!
One more error noticed by me: A London Olympics logo in 2002 :-). You can observe it when SRK hogs something under it in the first half of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Alright, I am a sucker for horror genre so went for "1920-Evil Returns" starring Aftab Shivdasani

Cinematography was only thing that was worth its salt.

I am still wondering what went wrong with Vikram Bhatt? Competing with RGV for the coveted award of worst horror director? First part of 1920 was indeed good and was scary in many places.

0/5
+1 to that. Completely agree with you that the first part of 1920 was good & indeed scary at some places. Eventhough I knew this wouldn't be that good, I wanted to watch it. I can confidently say that this is one of worst movies of 2012. Audience would burst out laughing at some of the dialogues.

The 'x-ray machine' dialogue was funny. The ghost in the movie went nuts at climax & started singing :-D

Best avoided.
My rating: This movie doesn't deserve one!

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th November 2012 at 13:02. Reason: back to back posts within 30 minutes. Please see the forum rules before proceeding further

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks