Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2012, 18:18   #1936
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Rockstar: It was on TV today and I was expecting it to disappoint, after having read some negative reviews. But I enjoyed it. The movie could have been cult if they had fine tuned it further, i think it deserves to, its almost there. 3.5/5

Stanley Ka Dabba: Cute and a sad movie. 4/5
Old 8th April 2012, 16:38   #1937
BHPian

Agneepath: The movie that lives upto the expectations. The best part of movie is mid way, i found the end to be stretched. Loved Hrithik, Rishi Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt. And the producers have been clever in not over spending on stunts/effects. 4/5
Old 8th April 2012, 20:39   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Houseful-2

I went in with caution, the reviews were bad. A few minutes into the movie and I knew I had to switch my brain off.

What followed for 2.5 hours was loud, OTT, crass, stupid, silly, idiotic humour all through.

For a change Akshay Kumar is in superb form here supported well by John and Ritesh and Shreyas. The ladies are there for the eye candy only.

The support cast of Rishi and Randhir Kapoor is way way LOUD and Mithun is silent for most of his role. Boman has less of screen time.

Chunky Pandey deserves special mention here and no I'm not jookinnnngg - Johnny Lever's comedy is tiresome.
Not too many songs - 4 to be precise out of which Anarkali Disco Chali is the best.

So did I like it ? Oh yes I did !!

If you have watched Sajid Khan's TV shows - you know his shows contained comic and ham scenes - worst scenes of movies. Expect more of the same here.

ps - Watch out for Ranjeet, the yesteryear villian - AAAYYYYEEEEE

Verdict - 2.75/5.
Good fun if you leave your brains out and go watch it in the mood.

So watch it once - kyu thaak raha hai ?
Old 10th April 2012, 17:56   #1939
Senior - BHPian

Looking at promos of "Ishqzaade" I am scared that one more Abhishek Bachchan kind of actor is all set to be let loose on us. Heavens save us.

Watched "Aandhi" someday back.
What a Movie. So old and yet so refreshing.
Old 10th April 2012, 22:23   #1940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Houseful-2

Verdict - 2.75/5.
Good fun if you leave your brains out and go watch it in the mood.

So watch it once - kyu thaak raha hai ?
I agree. A one time watch with brains at home. Good songs, Good eye candy, Good comedy at various places. Total timepass.

Aaayyeeee and Kyu thaak raha hai are the new pick up lines.
Old 14th April 2012, 19:47   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Watched houseful 2 yesterday, while i was entering i was expecting it to be bad, but as soon as movie started- there was quite lot of humor in the movie.

On the whole there was no story line, mithun, bomban and all the ladies had not much to do.

But still i will rate it 2.75 out of 5.

Good for watching it once.

Kyu thaaak rha hai ?
Aaayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

will be new pickup lines lol

Cheers
Sameer
Old 21st April 2012, 01:24   #1942
Senior - BHPian

My take on "Vicky Donor"

My instincts said this will be a movie worth watching and I was not disappointed.

This movie can be a sleeper hit.

What I liked:

1. A good mix of comedy. Not bawdy all times. Sometimes gentle. Sometimes hilarious. Punjabi vs Bongs comedy has to be seen to be believed. Sometimes not so politically correct but then in the age of "Housefull 2" who cares.

2. No over acting by anyone.

3. Annu Kapoor and Ayushmaan Khurrana. They carry the movie on their shoulders.

4. Yami debut could not have been better.

Most important is that they have not made a mockery of this sensitive subject. They have conveyed the message of this growing problem in the urban crowds. And done it with humor.

And the ending is unexpected and very very heart warming.

I am not a person who really goes to movies but I went and I DO NOT WANT my money back.

10/10 from my side.

Definite worth a watch.
Old 21st April 2012, 23:11   #1943
BHPian

+100 to above.

I feel so good to see such wonderfully crafted work coming out of the hindi film industry. I hope this continues the trend of small meaningful films carving out a very large supporting audience base.

Wonderful characterization and acting by all involved in the film. Don't miss this one. Lovely music too.

Rating - 4.5/5
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:49   #1944
Senior - BHPian

Awesome flick.. Vicky Donor! Refreshing..
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:02   #1945
BHPian

Watched Vicky Donor on Sunday; even though it was the morning 10 Am show, the hall was full. Hilarious movie, with awesome dialogues and very good acting by everyone. Even the music is catchy!

4.5/5
Old 25th April 2012, 11:32   #1946
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Vicky Donor"

This has to be one of the most heartening movie in recent times with
ample doses of humour. First time we have experimented with this bold but, extremely relevant subject of sperm donation.

Vicky is a happy go lucky typical Punju boy from Delhi who wants to do a "jaab" and not do business as that is out of fashion. He is then lured to be a donor by a infertility clinic owner Annu Kapoor who played a brilliant and one of his career best role

Excellent acting by hero who will never make you realize this his first movie and ably supported by the heroine who is extremely pretty and acted equally well.

The support starcast comprising of Vicky's mom and grandmom ( especially her) will make you laugh uncontrollably. There is a scene of both elderly ladies having beverages and musing about life, this got to be first for Bollywood

Movie is a breeze and you never notice the time starting with humour, moving to romance then slightly deviating to emotional scenes at the end which was totally endearing makes this one rocking movie

I would highly recommend this movie. Kudos to John Abraham (producer) and director experimenting with such a bold theme

4/5
Old 25th April 2012, 11:53   #1947
BHPian

Better late than never, watched "Kahaani".
Most of the reviews were positive and I went for the movie with great expectation; not that this was shattered to pieces. The movie, the way it's filmed, the acting everything is good, except for one thing. The resemblance of the storyline to the Bourne trilogy. Heck, the contract killer is a direct lift from the Bourne series and even the phone used by them (Motorola flip) is the same (remember mobilize asset?). Those who have seen the Bourne series can easily identify even some sequences are lifted directly from the English movie. But still, for the effort, I'll give a 4/5.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:01   #1948
BHPian

Watched Vicky Donor, absolutely mind blowing movie. All the characters have acted brilliantly and sadly this movie might not win any awards but in india dirty picture wins national awards whereas the original silk smitha was never given any awards but the actor copying silk smitha gets national award sad irony.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:17   #1949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
My take on "Vicky Donor"

10/10 from my side.

Definite worth a watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
+100 to above.
Rating - 4.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Awesome flick.. Vicky Donor! Refreshing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Watched Vicky Donor on Sunday;

4.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched "Vicky Donor"

This has to be one of the most heartening movie in recent times with
ample doses of humour. First time we have experimented with this bold but, extremely relevant subject of sperm donation.

4/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Watched Vicky Donor, absolutely mind blowing movie.
Adding to the above -

I would rate it 4.5/5 - absolutely bloody howlarious. Super fun except for some time in the 2nd half where it slows down but that's not a downer.

The acting is superb by everyone - I loved Vicky's grandmom and his mom, Ayushman played the donor to the hilt and Dr Chadha rocked every time he came on screen.

A couple of songs are very good too.

The movie is a DON'T MISS by any chance.
Old 27th April 2012, 11:17   #1950
BHPian

Watched Housefull2 yesterday. Needed a couple of hours to gather my scattered brains back.
Only saving grace - Johnny Lever and Ranjeet!

From the comments above, I think I should have watched Vicky Donor, though not sure I can go with family :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks