Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 21:30   #1846
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
After reading the plot summary, I found it that it was a "perfect" movie to be shown to the teenagers.
This incident reminded me of what happend recently here in Goa. In few government schools, around 15th August, patriotic movies were shown to kids and teenagers. In one of the movies (Manoj Kumar's Purab or Paschim) there are certain scenes where foreign girls were wearing the smallest possible bikinis and the scenes were fairly long. The teachers were extremely embarassed. It came in the news also as teachers were complaining as to the movies should have been edited before showing to the kids by the organisers who also were from the government.

PS: I am one of the biggest fan of Manoj Kumar and recently watched that movie. Tell you, the clothes were really small and scenes were really long where it shouldv'e been opposite.
Old 24th December 2011, 00:14   #1847
Senior - BHPian

Saw DON-2. SRK has a winner this time(mean better than Ra1). You may be kept busy following SRK's sequence moving from one location(country) to another
Direction and Plots by Farhan Akhtar seems to have helped. Action Scenes are good.
My rating : 3/5
Old 24th December 2011, 01:41   #1848
Senior - BHPian

A bit late but saw "Pyar ka Punchnama".
What a movie!!
Highly recommended.
Old 29th December 2011, 00:31   #1849
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Saw DON-2. SRK has a winner this time(mean better than Ra1). You may be kept busy following SRK's sequence moving from one location(country) to another
Direction and Plots by Farhan Akhtar seems to have helped. Action Scenes are good.
My rating : 3/5
Totally agree.

I call it SRK's BEST act at Negative role.

Witty Villianish and sophistacated.

Farhan Akhtar is good at his Techinque as always.

Saw the movie in 2D, would not mind watching it again in 3D format

My rating 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
A bit late but saw "Pyar ka Punchnama".
What a movie!!
Highly recommended.
Very simple and entertaining movie
Old 29th December 2011, 09:27   #1850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
-----snip snip----
Saw the movie in 2D, would not mind watching it again in 3D format

My rating 9/10
-----snip snip----

Dont.
if you want to watch it again, stick to 2d.
The 3d utility is non existent, and is headachy at its best.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 11:33   #1851
BHPian

My favorite Hindi movies of 2011
1. No One Killed Jessica: Super portrayal by Rani & Vidya of their respective characters. Great rock number "Dilli" by Amit Trivedi
2. Delhi Belly: Mind-blowing, cocky dialogues, plots & songs. "Ja Chudail" on the great fusion number by new comer Ram Sampath, vocals & music both are super awesome
3. 404: Super psycho-thriller, glued till the end. Nishikant Kamath is not only a great director (Force, Mumbai Meri Jaan, Dombivli Fast) but a great actor too.
4. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara: Great cast, awesome visuals, peppy tracks, subtle message that tugs your heart
5. Mujhse Fraandship Karoge: Made me younger by many years. Neat script - "sada boyfriendwati bhava"

Hopeless movies of 2011
1. Mausam - Case of Jekyll and Hyde - first one hour takes your expectations sky high, only to nosedive in a filthy ditch. Thank God they married, else Kasab would have come.
2. Thank You - Best actor of the movie - Suniel Shetty. so you can guess
3. Ra.One - First 10 mins is jaw-dropping with video-game sets, SRK's bike et al. Rest sucks BIG TIME. The crew should play some basic video games first
4. Ready - "Main kutta hoon, aur ye meri kutiya hai" need I say more? Anees Bazmee's 2nd delivery after Thank You.
5. Bodyguard - "Kya story hai bhai" - fullto bakwaas
Old 29th December 2011, 11:50   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
My favorite Hindi movies of 2011
1. No One Killed Jessica: Super portrayal by Rani & Vidya of their respective characters. Great rock number "Dilli" by Amit Trivedi
2. Delhi Belly: Mind-blowing, cocky dialogues, plots & songs. "Ja Chudail" on the great fusion number by new comer Ram Sampath, vocals & music both are super awesome
3. 404: Super psycho-thriller, glued till the end. Nishikant Kamath is not only a great director (Force, Mumbai Meri Jaan, Dombivli Fast) but a great actor too.
4. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara: Great cast, awesome visuals, peppy tracks, subtle message that tugs your heart
5. Mujhse Fraandship Karoge: Made me younger by many years. Neat script - "sada boyfriendwati bhava"
I watched 1,2 and 4 and I agree with you as they do make it to my top 5. But I missed out on 3 and 5, may be I should watch them.

Quote:
Hopeless movies of 2011
Interestingly, I aint seen even one of these movies. Until 2010, I used to be a movie buff, used to watch each and every movie that got released and used to review it on various forums, but in 2011, I decided I would catch up on old classics rather than wasting money on movies which are rather condescending on audience's general intellect.

There is this English movie called Dystopia where a guy gets transported to future and there a movie called "Bums" gets the oscar, so this guys goes for that movie, all they show is the "Bums" for some 27 minutes and audience come out clapping and lacerating!! Going by the trend, Hindi movie industry is not too far from showing "Bums"!!!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 13:39   #1853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hopeless movies of 2011
1. Mausam - Case of Jekyll and Hyde - first one hour takes your expectations sky high, only to nosedive in a filthy ditch. Thank God they married, else Kasab would have come.
2. Thank You - Best actor of the movie - Suniel Shetty. so you can guess
3. Ra.One - First 10 mins is jaw-dropping with video-game sets, SRK's bike et al. Rest sucks BIG TIME. The crew should play some basic video games first
4. Ready - "Main kutta hoon, aur ye meri kutiya hai" need I say more? Anees Bazmee's 2nd delivery after Thank You.
5. Bodyguard - "Kya story hai bhai" - fullto bakwaas
Out of this list, saw only #2 and #4 and enjoyed both movies. I went in prepared for a brainless comedy and it didnt disappoint.

There was another movie that should go in top of that list.

Rascals...Like always went prepared but, depth of brainlessness depicted even my brainless comedy loving brain couldnt digest.
Old 29th December 2011, 13:44   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Out of this list, saw only #2 and #4 and enjoyed both movies. I went in prepared for a brainless comedy and it didnt disappoint.

There was another movie that should go in top of that list.

Rascals...Like always went prepared but, depth of brainlessness depicted even my brainless comedy loving brain couldnt digest.
I was saved from being "Rascalised"
Old 29th December 2011, 13:57   #1855
Senior - BHPian

I would add "Pyaar Ka Punchnaama" to my favorite Hindi movie list for the year 2011. That movie was absolutely hilarious. Obviously Zindagi Na Milegi Doobara tops the list.
Old 29th December 2011, 14:42   #1856
Senior - BHPian

Do you guys read external reviews? If so, have you ever gone through the reviews printed in TOI? Its absolutely ridiculous as to how could they give high ratings for sublime movies! Especially that Taran Adarsh. He had the nerve to call Ghajini movie of the year back in 2009. Earlier it was Khalid Mohammad who gave 4 *s to movies like Dil Chahta Hai and Lagaan, and gave 5 *s to movies like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum!

The one that I highly recommend looking at is The Vigil Idiot - Stripping That Movie That Just Released One Stick Figure At A Time.... The reviews are really very hilarious. Look at the ones of Ra.One and Haunted.

Whose reviews do you look forward to?
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 20:15   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The one that I highly recommend looking at is The Vigil Idiot - Stripping That Movie That Just Released One Stick Figure At A Time.... The reviews are really very hilarious. Look at the ones of Ra.One and Haunted.
Used to be passionforcinema.com for a good amount of time. Would in fact say that whatever taste in movies I developed is thanks to this site. Sadly it shut down a few months back.

Thanks for the recco you mentioned, will check it out. And yes agree with you, Nikhat Kazmi in TOI and Taran Adarsh are simply trash. Comparitively, Rajeev Masand and Raja Sen are among the better ones.
Old 29th December 2011, 20:43   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Used to be passionforcinema.com for a good amount of time. Would in fact say that whatever taste in movies I developed is thanks to this site. Sadly it shut down a few months back.
I was a member on PFC and would check the reviews regularly, and also participate in those interesting discussions. I would also enjoy the debates that started as soon as Khalid published any of his reviews.

Sad indeed that they had to shut it down.
Old 29th December 2011, 21:05   #1859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post

TVI RAWWKKKS man!!

I follow Mayank Shekhar as well. Being a school senior, as well as a friend once upon a time, I have a certain faith in what he says, plus his reviews are always in his unique voice not a gushy tone like Taran Adarsh!
Old 31st December 2011, 14:21   #1860
Senior - BHPian

Watched (actually forced to watch :( ) Don 2 yesterday. What an pathetic excuse of a movie. All style, no substance. I couldn't believe that it's a Farhan Akhtar movie. 5.5/10. I wish I hadn't wasted my time watching this movie yesterday.
Another thing, we went to Inox @ Bangalore Central. I'm not sure if the issue with the theater's Screen or the movie itself. There were no details in the dark scenes (or even the hairs of the characters looksed like blobs of black), eyes were dark and the whole scenes were very blocky and pathetic contrast. Not sure if the movie itself was shot in a substandard way or it's the screen and projection at Inox which was not calibrated properly. Overall, a very unsatisfying experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks