Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 16:28   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
.... is it worth watching?
The answer is in this page and the previous page as its filled with only rockstar reviews Go thru them and decide if you want to watch it.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:11   #1817
BHPian

Yeah gautam this could have been a wonderful movie, that something was missing which did not click, but somehow people over 30 to 35 are liking it and the younger generation have given it a thumbs down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Rockstar - it's a somewhere in between movie. The passion between RK and NF doesn't come across that strong...agreed about her marital status and all, still.

The soundtrack disappoints - absolutely. The songs of angst and pent up anger that RK is supposedly singing don't register strong enough. RK tries lip sync manfullly - but I don't know ..maybe Mohit Chauhan with that silky smooth voice of his just couldn't come across as singing these songs !!

Imtiaz Ali needs to change his story telling,

First movie - boy girl meet , both are in love elsewhere , realise they are in love and run away

Second Movie - Boy in depression & girl running away from family, girl has BF but later realises she loves the hero.

Third Movie - boy girl in love, break up but can't get over each other even though the girl gets married elsewhere.

Fourth Movie - boy girl enjoy, fall in love but girl marries else where only to realise she loves someone else..they guy who was only a friend suddenly realises he loves the married girl
Old 16th November 2011, 16:30   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Watched Delhi Belly (English version).

The first 10-15 minutes were a bit slow or may be it took so much for me to get over the inertia I developed owing to the breed to bad cinema that is produced.

Nevertheless, post that the movie picks up and is a laugh riot. Some sequences are so true blue to any one who lives in an apartment as bachelors. The performances are at par and back ground music did justice to most of the comic scenes. The screenplay is tight and editing crisp. Great narration. Imran Khan's comical timing could have been better.

I rate this movie 4/5. Not suited for families though. Don't watch it in hindi, the spirit is lost in dubbing.
Old 19th November 2011, 09:48   #1819
Distinguished - BHPian

Rockstar

Saw this movie last evening and was pretty disappointed with the overall movie as it was neither a rock-based movie nor a love story but, just a mish-mash of both.

Like everyone said, first half was breezy with movie going nowhere except mindless bantering between the characters. The lead stars had lacklustre chemistry as physically both were not suitable at all. Nargis is tall and lanky and is hot but, has a wooden face with those botox (probably) shot lips that were constantly pursed to emphasize them.

The storyline went offtrack from Ranbir becoming a rockstar to a love story pursuing his love. His rise to fame was ludicrous as it was not shown at all, he is simply shown as Jordan from JJ and girls swooning over him (come on, give some credit to the audience) all of a sudden. Many times it is shown Ranbir on stage singing ( no sound, no song, no music) and crowd going bonkers. What crap!

Ranbir Kapoor: The first scene where he proposes to Nargis in campus was ridiculous. The language he uses, his body (scrawny) language was like a tapori and no girl in her right sense would fall in love with such a guy. Well, this is a movie but, still totally unbeilevable.The clothes he wears ( mostly those harem pants meant for girls) was another stupidity apart from the "Kada" that he wears throughout the movie. Show me which Rockstar wears a kada that screams your a punjabi puttar.

Total image including the way he holds the guitar (compare this with how Arjun Rampal holds it in Rock On) was wrong. Rockstar is synonmous with torn jeans, tatoos, wild hair etc. Here his look is more like a Devdas/Majnu than a Rockstar

His acting at most places was over the top in this movie and from no angle he looked like a Rockstar. I liked him in Rocket Singh and Bachna Hai Haseeno where his acting was effortless to say the least.
'
Nargis : she is good looking but, the buck stops there. Lack of emotions, dialogue delivery etc mars it for her. Well, she is new so i ain't complaining too much.

Actually, the canteen owner who turns into his manager acted best in the movie. Perfect Delhi/UP'ite hindi dailogues delivered flawlessly

Music was good without being cult and I liked a couple of songs including Sadda Haq which makes the movie bearable. Going through 2nd half is like testing your patience.

Cinematography was excellent and Prague was shown charming and has a lilting quality too it as most parts of Europe.

Nargis husband (some actor) is greek-god goodlooking. Why would anyone leave him and go with someone like Ranbir who pales in comparison...lol

I cannot help but compare this movie with "Rock On" which was a first true rock-based bollywood movie with terrific music, rock imagery of each actor, storyline and direction and it would be tough to make another rock movie in bollywood to beat it.

Overall, Rockstar was huge pompously marketed movie that didnt deliver even half of what was expected of it

2.5/5
Old 23rd November 2011, 01:07   #1820
Senior - BHPian

Watched Ra.One & fell asleep halfway, may be I will torture myself with the remaining half if I have some time to kiil.

The movie is such a poor copy paste effort (Ironman + T2 + what not) But must say they have done a decent job with Special effects. But what irritated me most was

- Why does a Tamil Man starts singing a Punjabi/English song at the Game launch? I mean English is still fine but why Punjabi? Also whenever Shahrukh says a serious Dialog there is no trace of a Tamilian accent, rest of the times it looks fake.

- Seriously a Body suit for a Game?? In today's world of Kinect/Wii/Move where our Bodies are controllers using a body suit for a game is no way sci-fi & is taking a couple of steps backwards.

- I didn't understand that if the Kid liked Villains why was he happy beating Ra.one in the game? Why did he even opted to play as G.One?? I mean what made him change his mind, just the demo?

- Kareena looks good after a long time & is probably the only saving grace along with the Kid.

- What Power did Ra.One actually loose after loosing his so called heart? He could still changes shapes & beat G.One amongst other things.

- G.One was one confused creature, he can dance & sing flawlessly but other times he acts like a Robot but whirring sounds on each movement

1.5/5

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd November 2011 at 19:49.
Old 24th November 2011, 20:25   #1821
BHPian

Dear All,

I wanted to watch Tintin but most of the halls nearby are showing 3 D version ,
I wish to know how guy with spectacles ( -3.5 ) would be able to watch ? do they have a clip on’s where the 3 D glasses are clipped on the existing spectacles frame ?

Please advise
Old 25th November 2011, 04:54   #1822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Dear All,

I wanted to watch Tintin but most of the halls nearby are showing 3 D version ,
I wish to know how guy with spectacles ( -3.5 ) would be able to watch ? do they have a clip on’s where the 3 D glasses are clipped on the existing spectacles frame ?

Please advise
The 3 D glasses are usually big enough to put over your regular spectacles. I watch 3D movies all the time, and dont have any issues inspite of my glasses.

Go on, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Tintin is one of my fav comic characters, others being Obelix, Mandrake, Jughead, and Calvin.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 07:53   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th November 2011 at 15:20.
download2live is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th November 2011, 15:15   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Watched the movie 'Rockstar' today and came disappointed.

What the movie was all about? I am having headache while I am writing the post and I am going to sleep after this.

Except for a couple of good songs "Jo bhi main", "parindey" and Ranbir kapoor's performance there is nothing much to write about. A much hyped movie for sure.

Nargis fakhri - Except for the fact that she is pretty there is again nothing to write about her. I guess her voice was dubbed by the same person who dubs Katrina kaif?

Asli Rockstar is "Mohit Chauhan" with his excellent songs and voice.

I will give 2/5 to this movie.

PS - Thank god I watch very less movies - wastage of time for sure.
Old 29th November 2011, 15:42   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Desi Boyz

Its good for a one time watch. dont look for a great story, its just an entertainer. Secind half is muc better. Performances by akshay, omi vaidya & sanjay is excellent. Deepika & john is good but the surprise package was chitrangadha singh, she was SUPERB.
Old 29th November 2011, 19:42   #1826
BHPian

Watched Desi Boys Yesterday. Completely avoidable. Its carrying on the legacy of Bodyguard and Raone. At one instant, i felt the the other two had more to offer.

Had read reports that Chitrangada Singh is a surprise package in this movie. Wonder what that means for she hardly had anything to offer.

Rating - 2/5.
Old 29th November 2011, 22:55   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Watched Desi Boyz

Total fun movie & with some funny moments. Definitely a better watch than Ra.One. The story has its little loopholes but the overall direction is good & nothing cheezy. The Director i must say has delivered a good comedy which is quite clean compared to some of his dad's comedies

3/5
Old 30th November 2011, 10:27   #1828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Desi Boyz

Total fun movie & with some funny moments. Definitely a better watch than Ra.One. The story has its little loopholes but the overall direction is good & nothing cheezy. The Director i must say has delivered a good comedy which is quite clean compared to some of his dad's comedies

3/5
Agree.
Lately most comedies have been carrying jokes that have done the rounds in mails/FB/our own joke thread, and that too for such a long time that they stopped being funny.

the liners, albeit most sounded as if they wrere translated ones, seemed picked so that it wasnt lost in translation thing!
4/5
I laughed.

EDIT:
Chitrangada singh....hoo boy!!!!

Last edited by mayankk : 30th November 2011 at 10:29.
Old 30th November 2011, 10:27   #1829
BHPian

Watched Desi Boyz on Friday. I liked some of the songs and Mrs. Singh is hot.

Anyway its good for a one time watch and quite light hearted. Anupum Kher is great in his small role and so is Sanjay Dutt. Dont analyse the movie and you will have fun.
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:21   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Desi Boyz"

I didnt go with much expectation but, it turned out to be one of those movies which you forget the minute you step out of the theatre.

Why is Akshay choosing the same role of a loser movie after movie with same expression of dejection written over his face for entire movie? If i recall correctly, same role as a 40 yr-old cricketer ( forgot name of movie), Housefull and now this movie....all based in London

There is no storyline therefore, requires no acting and is supposed to be light hearted but, didnt invoke any laughs. London is captured breathtakingly however, with a lot of unneccesary aerial shots

Though Akshay being some years older looks quite fresh and much better than John Abraham for sure. JA in close-up is almost ugly with pock marks over his face

Deepika Padukone is downright irritating. Zero acting skills and dialogue delivery like she is talking in kannada. God, I despise her

Chitrangadha Singh is lovely to look at and has a strong voice and diction to back up that chiselled face...She should come more often in movies

Omi Vaidya is turning out to be the most irritating character. 3 Idiots repeated 3 times. Give us a break please......Same goes for Anupam Kher, a brilliant actor reduced to mindless buffonery

Deadly Dutt was the saving grace of this movie. The original stud sparkled the activities to some extent

Not sure why TOI gives every movie a minimum 3 *

This movie is not even funny even by a reasonable extent

1.5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks