Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 11:45   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
I saw Ra.one today. What a "Chappri" movie. 250 bucks. What a waste! Cant believe i even fell for his marketing. Pathetic dialogues. Really bad.
You paid 250 bucks!!! I paid 70 bucks at a theater in my hometown and felt even that was a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I can't figure out why Rajni made an appearance?
Probably to show that Chitti (Robot) is far superior to this Ra-One thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Also the movie drags.
. Kareena was probably the only reason I could watch the whole drag
Old 28th October 2011, 12:50   #1787
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Saw Ra.One on Diwali day itself.
First half is interesting, second half is a drag. Overall a movie that can excite only kids.

Could not make head and tail of Rajni and Sanjay Dutt's appearance. The only + point of the movie was the acting by the kid and chammak challo song ( more specifically the Tamil verse in the song ).
Old 3rd November 2011, 08:02   #1788
BHPian

Today, promos of the next Abbas Mustan movie Players have come out in print and it has 3 Minis in the main ad in ToI. I just hope it is not a remake of the Italian Job! don't do this to another excellent cars and chase move!
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:31   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Today, promos of the next Abbas Mustan movie Players have come out in print and it has 3 Minis in the main ad in ToI. I just hope it is not a remake of the Italian Job! don't do this to another excellent cars and chase move!
Yes, it is based on The Italian Job only. In Bollywood anything that is based onto something is like saying the xerox of the original.

Guess what they haven't spared the Minis as well.
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:13   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Well most of Abbas-Mustan movies are based on Hollywood thrillers but I must admit, they usually do a good job with the overall treatment.
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:59   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Well most of Abbas-Mustan movies are based on Hollywood thrillers but I must admit, they usually do a good job with the overall treatment.
Only fear is that they will kill the thrill and add more drama, plus expect Bipasha to dance!
Old 4th November 2011, 18:41   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank

Yes, it is based on The Italian Job only. In Bollywood anything that is based onto something is like saying the xerox of the original.

Guess what they haven't spared the Minis as well.
It's an official remake, I heard. And I hated the trailer - AB jr, Bobby and Nitin Mukesh in an action movie? Bobby is still ok but the other two? And Sonam K driving and drifting with the middle finger pointed to the cameras....yuck. And worst of all, the manly Bips in a bikini.
Old 5th November 2011, 01:41   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
It's an official remake, I heard. And I hated the trailer - AB jr, Bobby and Nitin Mukesh in an action movie? Bobby is still ok but the other two? And Sonam K driving and drifting with the middle finger pointed to the cameras....yuck. And worst of all, the manly Bips in a bikini.
What?? another torture. people are not yet rehabilitated properly after watching Ra-One.
Old 7th November 2011, 01:23   #1794
Senior - BHPian

I have a new found respect for ra-one. My three year old watched it till the end with his mouth agape.
Old 7th November 2011, 10:47   #1795
Senior - BHPian

raOne: What a Disaster, I left at Interval, it was a big torture. Mr. Thackery was right we must be paid with compensation.
Old 11th November 2011, 14:39   #1796
BHPian

Watched Rockstar a few hours back. It has a decent story but I personally felt that the movie was a bit dragged and also has a abrupt ending. Rock On, another movie based on music had a much better storyline IMHO. The main strength of the movie is Rehman's music. All the songs are simply awesome and will stay on the charts at least for the next 3-4 months. An one-time watch for sure!

Rating: 3/5.

Last edited by prateekm : 11th November 2011 at 14:41.
Old 11th November 2011, 20:32   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Watched Rockstar a few hours back. It has a decent story but I personally felt that the movie was a bit dragged and also has a abrupt ending. Rock On, another movie based on music had a much better storyline IMHO. The main strength of the movie is Rehman's music. All the songs are simply awesome and will stay on the charts at least for the next 3-4 months. An one-time watch for sure!

Rating: 3/5.
Waiting for more reviews of this one. I believe RK is amongst the most talented guys we have around (in the new breed) and is a future super-star who can challenge the existing oldies who dish out same tripe every time. He also has guts to experiment and hopefully this one is a success. We need more guys like him.
wickedchauhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 22:44   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedchauhan View Post
Waiting for more reviews of this one. I believe RK is amongst the most talented guys we have around (in the new breed) and is a future super-star who can challenge the existing oldies who dish out same tripe every time. He also has guts to experiment and hopefully this one is a success. We need more guys like him.
Agree. Another highlight of the movie surely is RK's acting. He surely is talented. I didn't like Nargis' acting in this movie, her acting seemed like overacting in certain parts of the movie.

Last edited by prateekm : 11th November 2011 at 22:46.
Old 11th November 2011, 23:30   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Saw Bol last night.

A movie on the population crisis, hermaphrodite crisis, morality issues etc etc.

The movie starts off a little slow, but picks up pace as it moves along. The peformance by most actors was average-ish, barring the gentleman who plays "Hakeem Saahab". Brilliant acting.

The rest of the cast just pales in comparison. All the sisters and their "Ammi - jaan", with their manicured and polished nails could not make me believe that they do not have enough money for food. Atif Aslam looks lost in the entire movie. The man cannot act ..... period.

Some things in the movie were very hard to digest for me. I mean, does it really happen? Examples - Straight men having a "thing" for a hermaphrodite, a pimp proposing someone to "help him" conceive a girl child instead of keeping their house as collateral for some money he lent etc etc. This seems forced and these situations seem to be artrificially created, only to test the morality of a person (zabardasti) and to show the audience how low can a man stoop. I did not quite get that.

Overall a one time thing. Watch it for hakeem saahab. Cannot say this enough, the man acted wonderfully well.

Rating - 2.5 / 5
Old 11th November 2011, 23:36   #1800
BHPian

Just watched Rokstar .... a good movie after Zindagi na milegi Dobara.

Ranbir's acting is the highlight and a must one time watch. Nargis is hot.
I feel this will be a turning point in Ranbir's acting career, as also rightly pointed out that he is the best amongst the new breed of actors in Bollywood.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks