Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 07:29   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Paranormal Activity - which is better? The theatrical or the original version? Anyone watched both?
I believe only the climax was changed and they say there are 2 versions. Theatrical and DVD. What's the difference?
Theatrical - Typical Hollywood horror movie climax.
DVD - Kollywood way of climax.

First I watched the DVDSCR, then watched the climax bit alone of the theatrical version. This was a CAMRip but still, the climax is spoookier.
DVD Climax is spooky. I suggest you download a good Rip and then download the climax alone and watch it. This is how it is spread over the internet cloud.

Happy Halloween!!!!

Last edited by bblost : 5th November 2009 at 12:27. Reason: Torrent link request in the quoted post removed.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:29   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Thanks guys, requested for the delivery and got LSaTSB and Dog day afternoon delivered. Only problem is that I'm still at office and doesn't seem like I can watch any of them today :-(
If i were you, i wouldnt have slept and watched the former

I see you get 2 DVD's at a time. How much do you pay for 2-disc plan? Is it annual?
Old 4th November 2009, 14:42   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
If you liked Shaurya, you will absolutely love Few Good Men. The acting, screenplay and storywriting in FGM is miles ahead of Shaurya. Those who saw Shaurya after seeing FGM acquired suicidal tendencies.
Thank God that I watched Shaurya before ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If i were you, i wouldnt have slept and watched the former

I see you get 2 DVD's at a time. How much do you pay for 2-disc plan? Is it annual?
He he dude, I reached home at 2.30am otherwise I would've watched it. Actually loaded the DVD yesterday night itself but was very tired.
Yup, it's 2 Disc, unlimited plan. I pay Rs. 475/- per month as of now. But thinking about changing it to 6 months plan (Rs. 2400) or quarterly plan. I took it last month and watched 28 movies from Bigflix in a months time. So it was total paisa wasool for me If I was not busy last two weeks then the count would've surely gone up to 35 movies at least.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:45   #1309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
He he dude, I reached home at 2.30am otherwise I would've watched it. Actually loaded the DVD yesterday night itself but was very tired.
Yup, it's 2 Disc, unlimited plan. I pay Rs. 475/- per month as of now. But thinking about changing it to 6 months plan (Rs. 2400) or quarterly plan. I took it last month and watched 28 movies from Bigflix in a months time. So it was total paisa wasool for me If I was not busy last two weeks then the count would've surely gone up to 35 movies at least.
Looks like to make your plan paisa wasool, your watching movies with a vengeance

Your plan looks expensive, i use a 1-disc plan and paid Rs.2300 for an annum. I have a reliance store ~ 0.4km from home.

And, if like me, if you have a reliance big store close by, you can always return after watching and pick up another ( problem is you won't get your choice)

In a similar attempt to make my plan paisa vasool, been watching too many movies and breaking my back at this attempt. To heck with VFM, I intend to slow down

P.S: Not sure if many are aware, sending a pick-up request via. mobile they charge you Rs.3 or Rs.5 forgot which. I used to do it regularly just before the clock strikes 12:00AM. I realized it after a couple of months.

Voila, there goes VFM !
Old 4th November 2009, 17:57   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post

First I watched the DVDSCR, then watched the climax bit alone of the theatrical version. This was a CAMRip but still, the climax is spoookier.
DVD Climax is spooky. I suggest you download a good Rip and then download the climax alone and watch it. This is how it is spread over the internet cloud.
There is a third ending, which was shown only in select screenings. In the third ending, Katie comes back to the room alone, with a bloodied knife in her hand and slits her throat. She isnt looking at the camera when she does that. Its a very gory ending, which most people felt was not in line with the tempo of the rest of the film. Some however felt thats the reason this ending was more shocking.

I saw the DVD ending online. It is, like you said, spooky. The theatrical ending is more fit for theaters though.

A combination of theatrical ending and throat ending would have been quite a thing.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:05   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like to make your plan paisa wasool, your watching movies with a vengeance

Your plan looks expensive, i use a 1-disc plan and paid Rs.2300 for an annum. I have a reliance store ~ 0.4km from home.

And, if like me, if you have a reliance big store close by, you can always return after watching and pick up another ( problem is you won't get your choice)

In a similar attempt to make my plan paisa vasool, been watching too many movies and breaking my back at this attempt. To heck with VFM, I intend to slow down
Ha ha call the initial phase of a new thing. You always tend to overdo it. I do enjoy movies a lot and so it was like finding a treasure. 1 Disc won't work well for me as the nearest shop is 3-4km I think and the reliance mart near my place doesn't seem to have Bigflix yet. So I get two discs at a time so that I won't have to run to the shop on the weekends. But anyway I'll see how is my trend this month(it'll be normal as the initial phase is over) and depending on that I'll change my plan.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:52   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Seen 'Se7en' two days back.
Quiet a gripping movie.
Morgan freeman and Brad pitt had acted very well however the end is quiet sad.
Must watch if you can stand some gory stuff.
Rating - 4/5

Last edited by harry10 : 4th November 2009 at 18:54.
Old 4th November 2009, 19:32   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Seen 'Se7en' two days back.
Quiet a gripping movie.
Morgan freeman and Brad pitt had acted very well however the end is quiet sad.
Must watch if you can stand some gory stuff.
Rating - 4/5
Dude you cant talk about Se7en and NOT mention Kevin Spacey!!
Old 4th November 2009, 23:48   #1314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
+1 on that. Kevin Spacey is god !!!

If you guys want to see Kevin Spacey in his best form. It's got to be " American Beauty". What a movie.

It's a bunch of mixed emotions and out of this world acting by Kevin. MUST WATCH
Old 5th November 2009, 10:37   #1315
BHPian

Finally managed to watch 'Duel' yesterday. It was recommended here and I simply loved the movie. Very simple storyline, but the treatment and camerawork is simply superb. Great Thriller

Last edited by Eddy : 5th November 2009 at 11:03. Reason: No piracy discussions please. Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 11:12   #1316
BHPian

On the subject of Kevin Spacey, any of you guys had the opportunity to watch "Consenting Adults"? The Kevins (Spacey and Kline) are both awesome in that one. Recommended.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:46   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
If you guys want to see Kevin Spacey in his best form. It's got to be "American Beauty". What a movie.
Completely agree with you mobike008!! :-)
That and the Usual Suspects are two of his best films.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:23   #1318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
On the subject of Kevin Spacey, any of you guys had the opportunity to watch "Consenting Adults"? The Kevins (Spacey and Kline) are both awesome in that one. Recommended.
Will check this out. Haven't seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
You bet. Even in "US" he was awesome and again the main person in the movie.

Very few can match his dailogue delivery, sharp gaze and quality of tone. No wonder he gets so many voice-over roles in animations movies.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:26   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apologies!!
He was brilliant in it.
A special mention for the climax scene where he is too cold in his potrayal of a pyscho killer.

Quote:
+1 on that. Kevin Spacey is god !!!

If you guys want to see Kevin Spacey in his best form. It's got to be " American Beauty". What a movie.

It's a bunch of mixed emotions and out of this world acting by Kevin. MUST WATCH
+1
If someone has not seen it i will highly recommend it just for the pleasure of seeing his brilliant acting with a rating of 4.5/5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
+1 again.
Thats another classic not to be missed. The hindi copy which i guess was 'Chocolate' is such a bad copy of it.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:42   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Very few can match his dailogue delivery, sharp gaze and quality of tone. No wonder he gets so many voice-over roles in animations movies.
+1

The latest example being Moon. If you are a Kevin Spacey fan then you must watch this movie for his Gerty voice-over.

PS. American Beauty has to be his best but my favourite is The Negotiator with Samuel L. Jackson.

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 5th November 2009 at 14:46. Reason: Post Script

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks