Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-82.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 1550520)
^^^ yeah it is. Dialogue delivery is so beautiful that i can watch it thousand times. and nice sound track too.

you said it. Tom's flowery english was outstanding and even i can watch it again and again. Loved IBS too...LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1551398)
Add 'The Italian Job' to the list as well. I liked the scene involving the Minis in it.

I got DVD for both versions and as they all say, the older version is much better and Mini race was outstanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 1551445)
True, that scene was awesome.

And another addition is Ronin. The BMW chase sequence was mind blowing.

Ronin is another movie i dont get tired to see. I must have seen it already 15 times or more and love the scenary, odd mix of different cultured people and needless to say Deniro and Jean Reno were marvelous in this movie.

Watched "Club Dread" starring Bill Paxton and directed by an Indian origin guy Jay Chandrasekhar who also stars in the film.

Its about a group of youngsters visiting a private island owned by Bill for some non stop fun and vacation time. Suddenly people start getting murdered.

Its a mix of comedy/thriller type and not perfection in either of them.

But, its a time pass movie if you like to see some good looking women in bikini with some topless scenes and a few scares.

2/5

Hi all,

I am very eagerly waiting for "Paranormal Activity" to hit the theaters in B'lore. i have heard a lot about it, and want to really see if it can scare the **** out of me..:D

Overview of the movie:

Paranormal Activity (2009) | Official Movie Site & Trailer

make sure you watch the trailers!!:eek:

@Ruffryder, PA sounds right up my alley. Can't wait to watch it in theatre.

Is it an all india release?

Paranormal Activity has an article in the Slimes of India today, front page at that. It was made with a handheld camera by a newbie director, with a budget of $15000!!! Already grossed $60mn and going strong. Me too waiting for it....hope it is as good at least as the last handheld-horror-flick The Blair Witch Project:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 (Post 1552778)
Paranormal Activity has an article in the Slimes of India today, front page at that. It was made with a handheld camera by a newbie director, with a budget of $15000!!! Already grossed $60mn and going strong. Me too waiting for it....hope it is as good at least as the last handheld-horror-flick The Blair Witch Project:)

Blair Witch Project was a seriously bad movie, man!!!
The only reason it was successful was the fact that several people thought it's a true thing which it wasn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 (Post 1552778)

And, come to think of it BWP clocked $248M on a $22,000 budget. Call that lucky if you want.

Paranormal Activity was released after Steven Spielberg got spooked and he helped in marketing the film before its release. Therefore, hoping it ain't as bad as BWP:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 1553053)
Blair Witch Project was a seriously bad movie, man!!!
The only reason it was successful was the fact that several people thought it's a true thing which it wasn't.

I agree, even i didnt like the movie. The camera movements were jerky all through the movie which caused me a headache and movie got over without any sight of the antagonist, not fair to a horror movie lover.

Another hand-held camera movie I saw was Cloverfield. I went to see it without reading anything about it and thought it might be a horror/suspense story but turned out to be a stupid disaster/monster movie. My head still hurts thinking about all the jerky camera angles :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1552216)
@Ruffryder, PA sounds right up my alley. Can't wait to watch it in theatre.

Is it an all india release?

not sure of it man..hope they release it soon...its worth a watch in the theatre. for this no DVD :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhay (Post 1553233)
Another hand-held camera movie I saw was Cloverfield. I went to see it without reading anything about it and thought it might be a horror/suspense story but turned out to be a stupid disaster/monster movie. My head still hurts thinking about all the jerky camera angles :-)

hmm... i found it better that BWP. ya the never ending jerks of the cam were a pain, but it was neatly done and really like the scene on the streets of NY..:eek:

My problem was it was nothing to be scared about (for us viewers) and on principle I hate disaster or monster movies :p

When is "Paranormal Activity" releasing in Indian theatres?
Am very curious to see it now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1553349)
When is "Paranormal Activity" releasing in Indian theatres?
Am very curious to see it now.

release date is not yet out for India. it is avail on DVD in Shivajinagar (b'lore) but i will wait for it to hit theaters as its not a movie that you would want to see on DVD for sure.. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 (Post 1548935)
For Serial Killer Movies:
From Hell (Johnny Depp)

Thanks Anurag !

Caught up with this movie. Story of Jack the Ripper with story set in 1888 London. Nice set-up and good acting by all of them.

A very tense and suspense filled thriller. A bit gory also in some scenes not for the faint hearted. Must watch for this genre lovers.

4/5

Anyone seen "The Manchurian Candidate" Starring Denzil Washington?

What are your thoughts?