Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2023, 16:28   #9301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
How popular are these screenings of live events at movie theaters?
It is a good opportunity for the movie theaters to make some additional money when blockbusters are scarce.

Your post reminded me that Metallica's S&M II was shown in some select theaters here. My lucky cousin got to watch it Chennai. Said it was a good enough experience and almost gave a concert like feel.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 16:43   #9302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Talk to me

The Killer
Watched this over 2 days. Was not sure why I felt I had to complete it. But little satisfying that someone else watched it. It was 1/5 for me.
Old 28th November 2023, 22:25   #9303
BHPian

The Killer (2023) - Netflix - 1.5/5

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-killer.jpg

I found this movie to be rather boring! I failed to get the entire 'revenge' plot. I couldn't root for the hero or his girl since there was no character development at all. Also the climax was not something I got either (I was too sleepy by then though )

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
THE FLASH - 3/5

This movie is not just a disappointing superhero film but also stands out as one of the most underwhelming movies in general. The pacing is haphazard, while the script fails to deliver a compelling storyline.
You should watch the animated movie from which the Flash was loosely inspired : "Justice league - The Flashpoint Paradox". That was one of the best DC movies that ever came out.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th November 2023 at 10:28. Reason: Minor typos.
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 10:01   #9304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
You should watch the animated movie from which the Flash was loosely inspired : "Justice league - The Flashpoint Paradox". That was one of the best DC movies ever came out.
I second that. But then generally DC animated movies are in a different level altogether compared to their regular movies.
Old 29th November 2023, 10:26   #9305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
The Killer (2023) - Netflix - 1.5/5

Attachment 2536917

I found this movie to be rather boring! I failed to get the entire 'revenge' plot. I couldn't root fir the hero or his girl since there was no character development at all. Also the climax was not something I got either (I was too sleepy by then though ) .
Agree. Dull movie. Revenge plots are done to death and this wasn't anything new. Meh.
Old 29th November 2023, 10:40   #9306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Agree. Dull movie. Revenge plots are done to death and this wasn't anything new. Meh.
Good I didn't start watching it then!

Aother movie that I gave up on after watching for about 20 mins is "To Catch a Killer" (Netflix, 2023). The main lead actors are completely inspid and not believable at all especially the old man who plays the FBI agent, he has all the personality of soggy cardboard .
Old 1st December 2023, 08:50   #9307
Senior - BHPian

Retribution

Streaming: Lions gate Play

Being a huge fan of Liam Neeson, I had to watch this movie although it is becoming a text book plot in every Liam Neeson movie about a troubled guy who takes on the bad people head on. This one is no different. The star of the movie was the Merc SUV which looks so dreamy and want to drive one feeling. If you are fan of Liam you could watch this.

Rating: 2.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 09:40   #9308
Distinguished - BHPian

The Equalizer 3 comes to Netflix. It's still available on Amazon Prime but on rent.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-img_20231201_093929.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 09:52   #9309
Distinguished - BHPian

Napoleon

50-50. Liked the visuals, the scale - the battle scenes were grand and beautifully shot, the period setting, the quick history lesson on one of the most impactful figures in European history. But thought the focus on Napoleon's personal life was excessive. Would have liked more on the actual battle strategies and how they unfolded instead. Phoenix seemed very wooden throughout, for such a great actor. Overall, if you like period dramas, probably worth watching.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 11:36   #9310
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the recommendation for Gran Turismo.

Had no expectation while watching it, and it turned out to be a pretty good timepass movie. Good music and lovely cars and visuals and David Harbour really shines through the most in this.

4/5 for keeping me entertained for 2hours
Old 1st December 2023, 11:59   #9311
Senior - BHPian

Reptile - 2.5/5

At first glance, this movie seemed like something of a wholesome entertainment. I am a big fan of Del Toro and I belong to the generation which saw Alicia Silverstone in those Aerosmith videos of the 90s; so having these two actors, in the lead definitely had me invested. However, this movie lagged the depth, one expects from a high stakes murder plot. There are many loose ends in this story, and it is left kinda half baked, in the end.
Old 1st December 2023, 15:44   #9312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The Equalizer 3 comes to Netflix. It's still available on Amazon Prime but on rent.
Many thanks for the info. Took out time in between 2 meetings to watch this.

This is one movie franchisee I wish to be coming lot sooner than other. Denzel Washington is simply brilliant we all know and this movie is no different. The swag, the expressions on the man's face talk so much. I hope the sequels continue although I feel Denzel has gotten old for the role, will need a fresh face now. The locales in the movie were awesome. The action scenes were brilliantly pictured and made to look so easy peasy for the Mr Washington. Totally recommended.

Rating: 4/5
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 19:22   #9313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Many thanks for the info. Took out time in between 2 meetings to watch this.

This is one movie franchisee I wish to be coming lot sooner than other. Denzel Washington is simply brilliant we all know and this movie is no different. The swag, the expressions on the man's face talk so much. I hope the sequels continue although I feel Denzel has gotten old for the role, will need a fresh face now. The locales in the movie were awesome. The action scenes were brilliantly pictured and made to look so easy peasy for the Mr Washington. Totally recommended.

I agree with your words.
Saw this when it came out.
I feel it's better than the 2nd part whose climax wasn't upto the mark. First one still remains the favorite for me.
I dont think Denzel can continue this role considering he was struggling in some action scenes. Maybe he becomes a mentor to someone young from CIA kinda storyline if they want to continue the franchise.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 23:43   #9314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Retribution

Being a huge fan of Liam Neeson, I had to watch this movie although it is becoming a text book plot in every Liam Neeson movie about a troubled guy who takes on the bad people head on. This one is no different.
The movie becomes a snooze fest in the first 20 minutes or so. And you are so right about the typical plots of Liam Neeson films now. It’s like we are watching TAKEN again and again with the action scenes depleting with each movie but with the same ending !! I like Liam too but it still took me three days to complete the movie, just for the heck of it !!

Rating: 1.5/5

Quote:

Agree with your review completely, that opening sequence is worth all the movie itself. Denzel Washington speaks through his eyes and everytime I see him, I miss Irffan Khan all the more ! And I really want to go to Cicily now

Pain Hustlers Netflix

Chris Evan’s and Emily Blunt are top notch in this medico-pharma expose movie. The story line is linear and entertaining although the ending will seem little too predictable and somewhat rushed too. Was good to see Andy Garcia after long. Small but significant role in context of the movie. Good one time watch.

Rating: 3.5/5
Old 3rd December 2023, 09:35   #9315
Senior - BHPian

Watched 2 movies back to back.

Ghosted

Streaming: Apple TV

What a waste of movie, they tried creating a Knight and Day Female version and failed miserably. Ana da Armas is nowhere near a Gal Gadot or Angelina Jolie type action and Chris Evans is royally wasted. Some of the action scenes do stand out but nothing that could save the film with the climax being a comedy of errors. The movie could neither become a romantic comedy nor an action movie with both elements being inter weaved at regular intervals. Avoid if you find something better to watch

Rating: 1.5/5

Indiana Jones and Dial of Destiny

Streaming: Disney Hotstar

This franchisee was a rage in the growing years and culminating into a sad movie with an old Harrison Ford digitally made young. I used to wait for the sequels which used to be worth waiting for, no longer now. I hope they bury the franchisee deep enough so that we don't see an over aged Harrison Ford again unless the film production co came up with a worthy replacement. The highlight of the movie was the ubiquitous and humble Auto Rickshaw used in one of the action scenes. Looking at the way the auto was driven reminded me of the auto drivers of Mumbai and Bangalore who driven in a similar way. Can be watched one as a farewell to the franchisee.

Rating: 2.5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks