Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-597.html)

John Wick 4

If You are a fan of the franchise (ill be seeing You, if You arent :p), You will Love and Enjoy this movie much more than the second and third installments. With stellar cast and myriad of action sequences, the film does not disappoint a bit; for a ~3 hour movie.

PS: Just about Rs.300/- for IMAX show in Bangalore, thrilled me as much as the movie.

Saw John Wick 4. Bombastic, brash, and over the top.

Just what you need for the start of the weekend.

In terms of a movie review - there are parts of it that sag, especially the one with John visiting the guy in Berlin and the fight scenes.

But the end of the movie is bonkers and a viewing pleasure. Full paisa wasool.

I went to watch Keanu kick butts, shoot bullets, do gunfu, and now use nun chucks. The man can probably fight Thanos....was not disappointed at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_fear (Post 5518359)
Saw John Wick 4. Bombastic, brash, and over the top.

Just what you need for the start of the weekend.

In terms of a movie review - there are parts of it that sag, especially the one with John visiting the guy in Berlin and the fight scenes.

But the end of the movie is bonkers and a viewing pleasure. Full paisa wasool.

I went to watch Keanu kick butts, shoot bullets, do gunfu, and now use nun chucks. The man can probably fight Thanos....was not disappointed at all.

It has adkin and yen too. How big are their roles?
There is a serious depression of these two extremely talented martial artists/actors.

If you were wondering what to watch this weekend, look no further than "The Whale" on SonyLIV. An Oscar winner, The Whale revolves around the life of an extremely obese man with a clear eating disorder, poor health & an estranged daughter. A+ acting, storytelling & dialogues. You will enjoy it, despite the movie being shot primarily in an apartment!

Never knew Brendan Fraser could act so well. Movie gets 5 / 5 stars from me. Note: It's a slow-burning drama & 2 hours long, so action-junkies stay away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWiQodhMvz4

Big fan of Brendan Fraser and I’m so happy he got a new lease of life with this movie. It seems like he was going through a real slump on acting projects for a few years now. Also kind of bitter sweet he’s playing this role since he himself battled fairly serious weight issues (not to this extent of course but for superfit guy its still something) in recent years.

https://www.gq.com/story/brendan-fra...ear-cover-2022

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 5518705)
Big fan of Brendan Fraser and I’m so happy he got a new lease of life with this movie. It seems like he was going through a real slump on acting projects for a few years now. Also kind of bitter sweet he’s playing this role since he himself battled fairly serious weight issues (not to this extent of course but for superfit guy its still something) in recent years.

https://www.gq.com/story/brendan-fra...ear-cover-2022

FYI.
Brendon Fraser actually got a new lease of life via his TV series Doom Patrol. This movie is a cherry on the cake for his acting career revival. I loved him in Mummy movies. Always felt he didn't get the due he deserved cos he is quite talented. And by all reports he is a good guy in real life too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 5518457)
If you were wondering what to watch this weekend, look no further than "The Whale" on SonyLIV. An Oscar winner, The Whale revolves around the life of an extremely obese man with a clear eating disorder, poor health & an estranged daughter

I was casually browsing through Prime catalogue and this piqued my attention. Started it only to be hijacked by family for soaps :Frustrati

Plan to catch tomorrow :thumbs up

Some lesser known sci-fi movies with fresh ideas that I can recommend:

arrival (awesome and clean)
source code (clean)
upgrade (violent/gore, gripping)
ex machina (slow-ish but thought provoking)
annihilation (slightly scary)

John Wick 4:

What a ride! Movie felt like a live action video game especially a scene where the action is shot from above as John goes through his motions.

Adkins was absolutely perfect and so was Donnie.

But Mr Reeves could do no wrong in this movie and he absolutely pulls it off.

4.5/5 for me.

John Wick 4 was absolute fun.
Met my expectations and then some.
Caine was my favourite new character.
I believe this might be the end of the franchise. Epic send off.

I hope someone makes a TV series exploring this High table world and the assassin's within with their gold coins. Will be a sure hit.

Ps- I loved the Dragons breath sequence and the Osaka sequence. Brilliant cinematography.

Rating- 4.5/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 5519660)
I believe this might be the end of the franchise. Epic send off.

I hope you saw the post credits scene :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunswnt (Post 5463632)
Top Gun: Maverick now available on Amazon Prime video for Prime subscribers. Now watch it innumerable times you want. :Cheering:

Anybody getting Top Gun: Maverick in UHD?

I get only 1080p with my Amazon Prime membership.

I get UHD for other Amazon Prime contents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 5519660)
I hope someone makes a TV series exploring this High table world and the assassin's within with their gold coins. Will be a sure hit.

The Continental is going to be a TV series, there are several articles discussing this.

JW 4 was kept open ended. Depending on the studio - JW 5 can be greenlit and the story will progress further. Although at this stage, who is left to be killed by John Wick, unless its Thanos or Kang lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 5518457)
If you were wondering what to watch this weekend, look no further than "The Whale" on SonyLIV.

"The Whale" is really good. What an acting by Brendan Fraser.
The entire move was shot in a room pretty much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_fear (Post 5519791)
The Continental is going to be a TV series, there are several articles discussing this.

JW 4 was kept open ended. Depending on the studio - JW 5 can be greenlit and the story will progress further. Although at this stage, who is left to be killed by John Wick, unless its Thanos or Kang lol:

I was seriously hoping they would connect the JW series with Nobody (2021). Bob Odenkirk's world seemed extremely relatable to the JW world. The joke was on me with the moniker "Nobody" being used as a side-joke in JW 4.

I'm still hoping that wish comes true sometime in the future. Fingers crossed.