Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2022, 02:13   #8806
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Eddie The Eagle : English movie on Disney Hotstar: Sports/Biography

Among the deluge of Disney and migraine inducing Marvel superhero movies, I could find a simple movie to sit back and watch. Movie is based on a true story of the Ski-Jumper Eddie - his childhood ambition of competing in Olympics and ultimately his adventures in 1988 Winter Olympics.

It has a simple and almost routine storyline but doesn't delve a lot into hardships faced by the hero making it a light watch. And the fact that the it is based on a true story lends credence to the movie.

Personal Recommendation:
Avoid/Watchable/Watch
Old 29th October 2022, 08:00   #8807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Calibre (2018) - Netflix - 4/5

The move depicts how your mind works and your reactions based on the situation. You will get hooked to know what's now gonna happen next.

Worth a watch for slow paced thriller/drama movie lovers.
I managed to watch it yesterday, and I absolutely loved it. Very situational movie. And naturally builds up layer by layer. Loved it.

I also watched ‘The Good Nurse’ (Netflix) yesterday. A decent one time watch. This is based on a true story in a US hospital, on how a nurse suspects killings at a hospital. There is no suspense build here and you know who is doing it, but still a good watch.
Old 29th October 2022, 10:51   #8808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Eddie The Eagle : English movie on Disney Hotstar: Sports/Biography

Among the deluge of Disney and migraine inducing Marvel superhero movies, I could find a simple movie to sit back and watch. Movie is based on a true story of the Ski-Jumper Eddie - his childhood ambition of competing in Olympics and ultimately his adventures in 1988 Winter Olympics.

It has a simple and almost routine storyline but doesn't delve a lot into hardships faced by the hero making it a light watch. And the fact that the it is based on a true story lends credence to the movie.

Personal Recommendation:
Avoid/Watchable/Watch
If you like this movie, I would also suggest Cool Runnings on Hotstar. It is based on the true story of a Jamaican bobsled team. It is also a light watch.
pnredkar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 16:08   #8809
Senior - BHPian

Orphan: The First Kill

Streaming: amazon prime

I thought this movie is going to be a psychological horror movie but turned out to be quite a lame movie. Nothing in the movie was actually a sit on the edge kind of. Julia Stiles (Of Bourne franchisee) was wasted. Most of the movie I fast forwarded as I wasnt finding the right content. Avoidable in all sense.

Rating: 1.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 18:52   #8810
Senior - BHPian

The Fall:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15325794/

No expectation but ended up finishing the movie in one go with racing heartbeats and sweaty palms! Fear of heights did not help one bit!

3.5/5
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 14:11   #8811
BHPian

Re: The Possession of Hannah Grace (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I watched The Possession of Hannah Grace (2018) recently, this was to experience iMAX E and DTS sound track on the movie that 'BRAVIA CORE' app provides with the pureStream (they claiming it to be lossless 4k streaming).

It has few eerie moments that one may enjoy and that's about it, not a very strong storyline around. However, a good attempt to provide a few dreaded moves and moments on a quick watch. I'd rate it at 2.5/5. Looking forward to watch few more movies from this new platform that comes with new Sony TVs these days.
Off topic but I have a 2021 Sony and would love to experience this. Can you please explain how?
Old 31st October 2022, 21:01   #8812
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Possession of Hannah Grace (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronford View Post
Off topic but I have a 2021 Sony and would love to experience this. Can you please explain how?
This one has the list of 2021/2022 TV sets eligible for the BRAVIA CORE. On these TVs, you should be able to get the app working on these sets, recent ones should have it installed by default (mine had it).
https://www.sonypicturescore.com/programterms/EN/US

Against the Ice (2022)
I watched this last weekend. This is based on a true account of Ejnar Mikkelsen, based on the book 'Two against the Ice'.
Some of the real great locations and scenes from Greenland one gets to enjoy. However, I felt it may not have been able to reflect the real struggle and events around it effectively. The cast was great. A couple of times it really gripped and made it unpredictable but did not feel the simulation remains solid and interesting throughout the length. It's a good watch for a true story of the struggle and scenery of Greenland. 3/5.
Anyone has a Halloween special on the watch for tonight?

Last edited by Ketan : 31st October 2022 at 21:04.
Old 9th November 2022, 12:51   #8813
Distinguished - BHPian

Bullet Train - 4/5

I had shortlisted and was planning to rent over the weekend until I see it pop up on Netflix. Watched it and loved it. A dark action comedy which reminds of Deadpool - similar satire, sarcasm and action (but no sexual references). Never imagined that an action movie could be so much fun! If I had to nitpick, I will say that the penultimate sequence of revenge brought in some seriousness against the fun theme prevailing throughout.

PS: Fight scenes are gory, not for children's consumption.

Last edited by ashis89 : 9th November 2022 at 12:58.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:20   #8814
BHPian

Enola Holmes 2- I did not like the first Enola movie. I watched EH 2 because I love the genre. This sequel is slightly better but offers nothing new. Neither does it have anything much that will keep you hooked. You won't miss a thing if you skip this.

Bullet Train - When I saw the trailer, I had a slight feeling that perhaps it will be the movie which will take Brad Pitt's career to the Liam Neeson/Nicholas Cage/Bruce Willis' path past their prime. I was wrong. This movie is actually fun. The first 15 minutes gave the feel that this Bullet train is actually a Memu with events that have unfolded before us in too many movies. But then it transforms in to an actual Bullet Train with it pace, twists and humor. This is an underrated movie right now, but this movie has a strong chance of becoming a cult in future. Not for kids due to the violence. Do watch it.
AnnaRocks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 17:38   #8815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Bullet Train - 4/5

I had shortlisted and was planning to rent over the weekend until I see it pop up on Netflix. Watched it and loved it. A dark action comedy which reminds of Deadpool - similar satire, sarcasm and action (but no sexual references). Never imagined that an action movie could be so much fun! If I had to nitpick, I will say that the penultimate sequence of revenge brought in some seriousness against the fun theme prevailing throughout.

PS: Fight scenes are gory, not for children's consumption.
I share the same opinions. Also, movie has a very Guy Ritchie feel. Brad Pitt does a very good job when he doesn't takes himself too seriously.
Old 9th November 2022, 19:49   #8816
Team-BHP Support

Netflix.

Lots of blood and violence.
A completely unrealistic plot.
Full of crazy stunts and absolutely crazy mayhem.

I loved the movie. I will most probably watch it again sometime.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-bt.jpg
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:03   #8817
Distinguished - BHPian

I wanted to watch these movies. Taxi driver ‘76 version and American psycho. Which OTT platform can I find these on? Have searched with no success.
Old 9th November 2022, 20:10   #8818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I wanted to watch these movies. Taxi driver ‘76 version and American psycho. Which OTT platform can I find these on? Have searched with no success.
I think Taxi Driver is available for rent on prime video, I see it in the search results but am not able to directly watch it or rent it via the app
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:46   #8819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I think Taxi Driver is available for rent on prime video, I see it in the search results but am not able to directly watch it or rent it via the app
Found it on Vimeo thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:53   #8820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Netflix.

Lots of blood and violence.
A completely unrealistic plot.
Full of crazy stunts and absolutely crazy mayhem.

I loved the movie. I will most probably watch it again sometime.
I too loved the movie, the ending was somehow a typical Hindi movie plot (reminded me of the yesteryears movie The Burning Train"). Some scenes were really hilarious.

Rating: 4/5

Enola Holmes 2

Streaming: Netflix

Fantastic watch, just as good as the first one. A good plot with twists and turns. I felt Robert Downey Jr was a better actor as Sherlock. Absolutely recommend the movie

Rating: 4/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks