Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 21:09   #8701
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
That's amazing grit, am not even able go past 10 mins jokes aside, I realised this movie needs to be watched with lights off, no one around to disturb and something to munch 'slowly' - just like the batman way
Well, the Batman to me looked like the movie made by Willem Dafoe in Mr. Bean's holiday.

BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 16:50   #8702
BHPian

Ambulance (2022) - Amazon Prime 3.5/5

Name:  images 34.jpeg
Views: 535
Size:  42.2 KB

Watched this yesterday on Prime. It's a fast paced mindless action heist thriller.
Relentless action , car chase, gunshots, explosion etc. Basically what you expect from a Micheal Bay movie.

Lead actors performances was good. Especially Jake Gyllenhaal. Action sequences were good so are the VFX. Movie is very fast paced. No lag anywhere.

Worth a watch if you like the genere. But keep your logical brain away. It's a fun popcorn watch.
Asish_VK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 08:46   #8703
Senior - BHPian

Saw Batman movie yesterday and my thoughts on that.

Firstly Robert Pattison doesnt fit for the role, his attempt to look macho in few scenes are really funny.

Secondly the movies starts as a who dun it thriller and does not have the maniacal villian in the story which kind of defeats the Batman movies.

Thirdly most of the scenes are shot in dark back ground, hence doesn't bring out the story clearly. Plus no bat gizmos majorly shown.

Fourthly Anne Hathway has been the best Catwoman. Period.

My Rating: 2.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:48   #8704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Ambulance (2022) - Amazon Prime 3.5/5

Attachment 2339707

Watched this yesterday on Prime. It's a fast paced mindless action heist thriller.
Relentless action , car chase, gunshots, explosion etc. Basically what you expect from a Micheal Bay movie.

Lead actors performances was good. Especially Jake Gyllenhaal. Action sequences were good so are the VFX. Movie is very fast paced. No lag anywhere.

Worth a watch if you like the genere. But keep your logical brain away. It's a fun popcorn watch.
Hollywood's version of a Rohit Shetty movie. totally Mindless. Saw it while on an international flight and had nothing else to see.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 17:54   #8705
Senior - BHPian

Thor: Love and Thunder

Meh. I think it competes with Thor 2 for being among the worse MCU movies. While Taika Waititi used comic reliefs well in Thor Ragnarok ( among my favourite MCU movies), here it's plainly overdone and unnecessary. It makes the movie almost feel like a Parody. Absolute waste and completely disappointed with the results.
Old 31st July 2022, 18:06   #8706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Saw Batman movie yesterday and my thoughts on that.

Firstly Robert Pattison doesnt fit for the role, his attempt to look macho in few scenes are really funny.
While we have our opinions, looks like there will be a sequel to it.

I enjoyed the movie thoroughly, especially the awesome background score. What was interesting is that my 17 year old son also liked it.

"Matt Reeves confirmed that early talks are happening for The Batman sequel and that two further installments are being planned for the future"

https://screenrant.com/the-batman-2-...ws-story-cast/
Old 31st July 2022, 20:29   #8707
Senior - BHPian

Watched The Batman on Amazon prime.

First attempt I slept off within 10-15 mins. 2nd attempt it took 25 mins. 3rd attempt was successful and I quite liked it post first hour. Guess the dark theme and hush-hush dialogues made for a bad watch late night (I usually watch stuff around midnight post office). Today watched it at daytime and was successful in completing it.

All actors did great. Alfred’s role was pretty short for my liking but the rest was fine. If they made it a bit shorter(2-2.5hrs) , would have been better. Never the less a good one time watch to relive the childhood superhero moments.

Rating: 3/5
Old 1st August 2022, 10:28   #8708
Senior - BHPian

The Gray Man:

Simple action flick. Took it for what it was and I enjoyed it. Unlike my wife who kept face palming

3/5
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 13:39   #8709
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Nobody is available on Amazon Prime now.

Attachment 2337232
Watched Nobody over the weekend and loved it. But man, I can’t come to terms with our Saul doing a John Wick.

Every single time he’s on the screen, I’m like:

Name:  19624D60BDF2490C940E9A05402E595D.jpeg
Views: 392
Size:  50.8 KB

4/5
Gannu_1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 13:47   #8710
BHPian

The Batman: Enjoyed the movie except lil bit at the end. With dearth of good movies releasing on the OTT platform, it was a very good watch. Kept brightness higher than usual though.

Rating 3.5/5

Rating 4.5/5 after watching couple of recent Marvel movies
shashant is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 14:49   #8711
Senior - BHPian

Jurassic World Dominion
Jam-packed with silliness, spectacle, intrigue, romance and just about everything else. Mix matching human - dinosaur DNA, keeping dinosaurs as pets, training dinosaurs for combat / wars, and a reunion for star cast all the way from first movie, it was just and overdose of stupidity.

Rating 1.5/5

Sniper. The White Raven
A Ukrainian war drama film. This slick fictional portrait of a Ukrainian sniper begins in tranquility before thrusting into the silent brutality of the battlefield. The film has a gray, grainy look that replicates the crushingly oppressive reality of a country under long siege.

Rating 4/5

The Gray Man
A Popcorn Entertainer. With amount of views Netflix is claiming, there's already a rumor of a sequel in making.

Rating 3.5/5
RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 17:59   #8712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
The Gray Man
A Popcorn Entertainer. With amount of views Netflix is claiming, there's already a rumor of a sequel in making.

Rating 3.5/5
Plus a spin-off apparently with Dhanush as the protagonist. He single-handedly probably brought in most of the views despite a relatively short screen time.
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:15   #8713
Distinguished - BHPian

The Wrath of Man, playing on Netflix India right now
USPs of the movie - Directed by Guy Ritchie, starring Jason Statham (this director-actor combo brings back sweet memories from decades ago - Snatch, and Lock, stock & 2 smoking barrels)
Gist of the movie - Statham plays a stoic, mysterious armored car company employee. And the company starts getting hit by armed robbers.
Verdict - Must watch. I'd rate this a solid 4/5.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:46   #8714
Senior - BHPian

The Age of Adeline has a unique story line and it was a good watch.

Narrates how immortality and agelessness could become a curse and what brings her true happiness.

4.2/5
for_cars1 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:14   #8715
Senior - BHPian

Morbuis

Streaming: Netflix

Another super hero franchisee from the Marvel family. Jared Leto is in my opinion most under rated actor who gets into the skin of the character. From a person with physical disability with almost anorexic body to a super hero body. The story isnt something really great to write but the movies has some moments related to photography & visual effects which is good. One time watch for Marvel fans.

Rating: 3/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks