Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-570.html)

Room (2019) - Amazon prime
Mystery Thriller - 4/5

Just came across this while browsing through Amazon on what to watch.
Must say, i started watching this movie thinking that it will be another movie where a couple moves into a creepy house and ends up with supernatural events.

But this movie is surprisingly good mystery thriller. It's not a horror movie, but proper thriller. Unique story and good performance by the lead actors.

Highly recommend if you love slow paced mistrey films.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-images-22.jpeg

Deadly movie on Prime Video, guys. Don't miss it. Giving "King Richard" a 4 / 5 star rating. The movie is about how Serena & Venus Williams made it, despite very humble backgrounds, and because of their father. I'm not into tennis at all, yet started watching it because I love Will Smith & the IMDB / Rotten Tomatoes ratings are high.

Man, this is just an A+ flick :thumbs up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKP_0z52ZAw

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 5303133)
Nightcrawlers -2014 Movie on Netflix

This movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Rene Russo was nominated at Oscars for best original screenplay.

If you liked Nightcrawler, I would recommend

End of watch -2012 starring Jake Gyllenhaal & Michael Peņa.

^^

Totally agree with GTO here, KING RICHARD is an outstanding picture. Not for nothing that Will Smith ended up winning the Best Actor Oscar for this movie. Real life stories are often difficult to replicate on screen but this movie has definitely succeeded to a great extent. Absolute must watch.

The Invisible Guest (original Spanish Film Contratiempo) is a thriller/ murder mystery. You will find the twist at the end overwhelming. It is such a good movie that it has been adopted in Hindi as Badla and in Telugu as Evaru.

Rating: 4/5
Netflix has many European films worth our watch. The current crop of Spanish films I am watching are like old Agatha Christie stories - old fashioned slow burn murder mysteries with little high tech CSI the Americans have brought. The police procedurals of the Americans show the vast difference in police work.

Dr.Strange: Multiverse of Madness - Rating 2.5/5
Doesn't live up to the expectations, the experience is just about average. Can't say more without getting into the details but the movie is more about Wanda than strange. Would recommend waiting for it to come on Hotstar.

Saw Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness over the weekend!

The movie is strictly ok-ok and IMHO if it weren't for the Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen, with some amazing support from Benedict Wong, I think the movie would have bombed big time. The story and screenplay, is very average and at times downright predictable and corny.

Sam Raimi after all these years still relying on age old techniques to induce shock scares was pretty pathetic and really expected much more. The only saving grace are perhaps the few cameos which were well integrated and open up quite a few interesting storylines in this phase of the MCU.

Perhaps therein lies the rub, I probably had too high expectations from the movie and at best would rate it at 2.5/5 from my side.

One suggestion - watch it at the Imax Dome, really adds to the experience.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 : 2/5

A boring drag with nothing new as compared to the previous movie. Kind of was clear from the trailer itself? Yes. They why spend the time watching it? For the absolute genius of an actor Jim Carrey. He practically carries the entire movie on his shoulders and it's a delight to see every scene of his in this movie. Watch it if you are a JC fan. From rumors, it seems there might be a loooong break in his career after this movie. Absolutely no other reason to watch this movie.

Dr. Strange and the Multiverse / Marvel Madness: 2/5

Marvel, seriously it's getting boring. And while the intention of Kevin Feige and the entire Marvel production team seems to be getting every Hollywood actor fitted into the Marvel cast, that's unfortunately the only reason to be excited about this movie - the "trailer" of new characters being introduced into the Marvel universe.

The core concept of the movie is pretty lame - and really there's no genuine reason for this movie to happen. Give it a miss and wait for the movie to land up on Hostar+ in a month (or even earlier).

Return to Pandora with the first teaser trailer of Avatar: The Way of Water.

Quote:

“Wherever we go, this family is our fortress.”
https://youtu.be/a8Gx8wiNbs8

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 5313192)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 : 2/5

Dr. Strange and the Multiverse / Marvel Madness: 2/5

The core concept of the movie is pretty lame - and really there's no genuine reason for this movie to happen. Give it a miss and wait for the movie to land up on Hostar+ in a month (or even earlier).

Agree apart from the long list of characters, there is no reason to watch this movie. This coming from a hardcore MCU fan.

Also all those characters are effectively wasted in miniscule in-consequential roles. I expected Marvel to do better than this.

Hoping Thor- Love and Thunder does not disapoint like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 5300186)
Yep, on Amazon Prime USA using a relative's account.

But I am able to watch it on Prime Video India, or may be it has been made available just recently.

The Matrix Resurrections has been released on Prime Video.

It has a rating of 5.7 on IMDB. So I do not expect much from the movie. But will still watch it to see how the story unfolds.

Name:  389171_4775471_updates.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  68.8 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by catchjyoti (Post 5315213)

It has a rating of 5.7 on IMDB. So I do not expect much from the movie. But will still watch it to see how the story unfolds.

Attachment 2307023

As a fan, you should watch it. Its no great shakes, otherwise. I find it surprising how different Keanu Reeves appears (older, more drawn, maybe tired?) in this as compared to the last john wick.

Quote:

Good luck and seeing as your expectations are already low maybe you will like the movie unlike me and my wife who are big fans of the series.

We slept off :coldsweat

Quote:

Attachment 2307023

Huge fan of Matrix series. Especially being an animator artist, Matrix is a movie that is always on my watch again favourite list. But Resurrection just killed it in all ways and I would not even think of including this as a continuation of Matrix trilogy. Matrix, for me ends with the 3rd part. I really wanted to go to theatre and watch it, but had to skip due to pandemic situation. And glad I dint go. Would have wasted my money and those memories of watching the earlier ones on the big screen.

So what all did Matrix Resurrection lack
1. Neo
2. Trinity
3. Morpheus (the newbie one was so irritating)
4. Agent Smith
5. The Oracle
6. Wachowskis
7. The damn cool futuristic story line
8. The edge of the seat action
9. Never before seen special FX
10. The background score
11. The cinematography
12. That trademark matrix colour tone

And what all did Matrix Resurrection have
1. Sub standard supporting cast (felt like a high school reunion cast)
2. Some horrific makeup
3. Priyanka Chopra
4. Repeat special FX that was no where close to the standards defined by the earlier movies. And those movies came around 18-20 yrs back.
5. Some new robotic characters who were animated worse than robots in our indian movies
6. Zero story line

In one of the scene, a character tells Keanu Reeves (who happens to be game developer in the current world and who made the Matrix trilogy game) - Warner Bros owns the rights to make a sequel to Matrix and there is nothing much we can do, even if we are not interested. Seems like the director just wanted us all to know, this Matrix movie was not their idea or story.

FundaG