Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2022, 15:40   #8476
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Jojo Rabbit - 2019 - 4.5/5 [Disney+ Hotstar]

This will go as one of my favorite movies. A colorful movie about a 10year old Nazi boy and his views on the society.

Fabulous performance from all the main characters.
Soothing color scheme, really good cinematography and very good storyline.

It's funny for most of the times and hurt you quite deep at some places.
Asish_VK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 10:20   #8477
Senior - BHPian

Spiderman: No way home

Can't believe it was such a disappointment for me to watch this movie. I actually ended up watching it in 2x speed with subs on just to get it over with.

Hated Tom Holland's "hero landing" pose every other time. Just couldn't get the rhythm going so to speak.

Maybe if all the social media channels were not riddled with spoilers about all the characters in the movie, it would have had some "wow" effect but that got spoiled so yeah, movie turned out to be a damp squib.

But loved the old characters in it!

So 2/5 for me. and i'm a comic book nerd.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 11:16   #8478
Senior - BHPian

Deep Water

Streaming: Prime

One word - Skip it. Not worth at all. Dont understand why actors like Ben Affleck and Ana da Armas select such movies, kind of makes me loose faith in them. No Plot in the movie.

Rating: 0/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 11:21   #8479
Senior - BHPian

Batman - 1/5

As a long time fan of the Batman movies made by Nolan, this was a complete and utter disappointment. No real storyline, no real villain with any sort of personality, poor action sequences, and the icing on the cake - Robert Pattison as Batman. Whoever made this casting choice really needs to rethink his career.

Completely avoidable, especially if you are expecting something even remotely close to the Dark Knight masterpieces from Nolan.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 23:02   #8480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Spiderman: No way home

Can't believe it was such a disappointment for me to watch this movie. I actually ended up watching it in 2x speed with subs on just to get it over with.

Hated Tom Holland's "hero landing" pose every other time. Just couldn't get the rhythm going so to speak.

Maybe if all the social media channels were not riddled with spoilers about all the characters in the movie, it would have had some "wow" effect but that got spoiled so yeah, movie turned out to be a damp squib.

But loved the old characters in it!

So 2/5 for me. and i'm a comic book nerd.
No way home is already out on OTT?
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:56   #8481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Its available only for purchase. Not for rental.

https://www.justwatch.com/in/movie/spider-man-no-way-home

Its also available on Bookmyshow Stream.

Price - INR 690

Last edited by NG_EV : 22nd March 2022 at 11:57. Reason: Typos
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:26   #8482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Did a quick google search and it seems to be available on Youtube (Rs. 690), Google play (Rs. 690) and Apple TV (Rs. 590).
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 16:33   #8483
Senior - BHPian

The Red Sea Diving Resort (Netflix)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4995776/

"Israel's Mossad agents attempt to rescue Ethiopian Jewish refugees in Sudan in 1979"

Pretty good movie but i could not help but compare it to Argo all the time for some reason.

The good of man will always shine over the evil of man! Good movie to watch.

3.5/5
Old 24th March 2022, 20:13   #8484
Distinguished - BHPian

The Adam's Project: 2/5

How can someone screw up a movie that has Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo, Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Garner; and yet the best actor in the movie is the kid who plays the young version of Ryan Reynolds?

The movie starts out great with amazing chemistry between both RRs but the movie loses its plot in the second half. You could remove Zoe Saldana & Jennifer Garner completely and the movie storyline wouldn't change much at all. It's a pity because around the halfway mark, there's so much possibility when one has time travel as the core plot. It's literally the kid that holds the viewers' attention all through the movie.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 22:14   #8485
Senior - BHPian

The Report (Amazon Prime)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8236336/

"Idealistic Senate staffer Daniel J. Jones, tasked by his boss to lead an investigation into the CIA's post 9/11 Detention and Interrogation Program, uncovers shocking secrets."

Starring Adam Driver and Annette Benning among other notable actors, the movie really took me by surprise as to how good it turned out to be.

People who like watching political movies should definitely give this a try.

4/5
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 19:50   #8486
Senior - BHPian

Dune

Streaming: Prime

What the movie all about, just still unable to get the plot. Apart from Rebecca Fergusson none of the actors are familiar to me. Looked like a sci fi movie but without any feel of it. Cant recommend since I didnt understand the movie at all. If anybody has seen the movie kindly pour in your thoughts

Rating: 1/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 20:16   #8487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

"Israel's Mossad agents attempt to rescue Ethiopian Jewish refugees in Sudan in 1979"
Thanks for the recommendation. I like movies based on real events.

There is another Mossad movie, 'Seven days in Entebbe' about the real life Entebbe operation, just in case if you have not seen already. I saw it few months ago in Sony Liv, IIRC. I personally liked it.

IMDB - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5466186/

Another real life inspired one is AK-47 which is about the making of the (in)famous rifle by Kalashnikov. It is a Russian movie with English sub titles available in Prime. I liked it for the simple narration of events.
Old 26th March 2022, 20:37   #8488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Dune
What the movie all about, just still unable to get the plot.....Cant recommend since I didnt understand the movie at all. If anybody has seen the movie kindly pour in your thoughts

Can understand your frustration but it is amazing franchise and belive it or not but Denis Villeneuve adaptation actually does a lot of justice to the book, though understandably has to leave a lot out of it. I still loved it.
Dune has been famous for not being adaptable in a movie format because of a lot of sub-plots and a lot of dialog that happens off-camera or is unsaid. As a start, try seeing the below video which maybe helpful and I think answers some of your questions, especially the fact that it didn't "feel" like a sci-fi movie.

If possible, also try see David Lynch's 1984 Dune. It is very cheesy and seems low budget and strictly for Dune Fans, but will help you understand the plot better. Unlike the 2021 Dune, it is a standalone movie and explains a lot of the sub plots very noob style. Lastly, if you can read the book, nothing like it.

Best of luck!
PGNarain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 09:19   #8489
Senior - BHPian

Togo on Disney plus

What a well made little movie about a Siberian Husky called Togo. I had managed to watch a few minutes in the begining onboard a cruise last year (my daughter did not let us finish it).

Chanced upon it on Disney plus and did not want to miss it again. The story is about an (apparently) famous serum run of 1952. An isolated town in Alaska was plagued with Diptheria in the winter of 1952 and a man sets out with his sled dogs to get the serum needed to treat the patients. Togo is the lead dog and this movie is all about him and his connection to Leonhard Seppala.

Wonderfully made. Must watch (I think) if you love dogs.

Last edited by vibbs : 27th March 2022 at 09:21.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 11:17   #8490
BHPian

Rescued by Ruby (2022) - Netflix : 4/5

Name:  MV5BNzJiMDcxNmYtMGQ5NC00NmE5LWFiMWYtMjQzZTUyN2E0YTZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MTI2ODc5._V1_.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  79.4 KB

Really really liked the movie. Even Most of the story is predictable (based on true events), but it makes up for the overall likability.
If you have a pet, you will definitely like this.
The main characters nailedd their roles, especially the Doggo, Grant Gustin and Kayala Zander.

It's highly enjoyable, heart warming, inspiring and fullfilling family watch. Kids also will like the movie. My kids are pestering me for a pet dog after watching the film.
Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks