Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 12:12   #8401
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

The Conjuring : The Devil made me do it

Streaming: Amazon prime.

I am a big fan of the Conjuring series and was hoping the third installment to be a good one too but was slightly disappointed. The chills, startles, creepiness was not upto the mark which the first 2 movies had established. Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga do justice to their roles as usual but the plot wasn't something different and looked pale in comparison to previous movies although the story is a real event. Would recommend to Conjuring fans for a one time watch.

Rating: 2.5/5
Old 20th December 2021, 12:50   #8402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Dangerous (2021):

An offbeat movie starring Scott Eastwood. Surprisingly good movie to spend 90 minutes on.

3.5/5
It would be so much more helpful and complete information if you and anyone who recommends movies would include the site/streaming platform where it could be watched instead of just the name.

Thank you.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 13:00   #8403
BHPian

Truman Show on Prime - Not sure how I missed this one, may be I thought this is a sci-fi or fantasy which is not my interest. Pure drama pure joy imdb rating does justice.
csnanjappa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 16:15   #8404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Truman Show on Prime - Not sure how I missed this one, may be I thought this is a sci-fi or fantasy which is not my interest. Pure drama pure joy imdb rating does justice.
It's a lovely movie, unlike Jim Carrey's comical ones.

For lesser mortal James Bond fans like me who couldn't watch it in theaters, No Time To Die is available on YouTube at an eye watering 950 rupees for purchase! . It's available only in Ultra HD format and no other formats as of now.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-screenshot_20211220161006.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 09:02   #8405
Distinguished - BHPian

The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-screenshot_1.jpg

Too long, too many scenes from previous installments and Morpheus dude was really bad. Watched it for Keanu.

Rating - 2/5
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 02:10   #8406
BHPian

Ever since the trailer of Don’t look up dropped three months ago I was waiting for this movie. Starring Leonardo, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence and Jonah Hill (limited role) the movie started very promisingly and then it got off a bit in between but overall a good movie with a bit of political satire. Enjoyed the movie as it was funny and terrifying at the same time. I will rate it 3.5/5.

Last edited by sahil624 : 26th December 2021 at 02:13.
sahil624 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 08:51   #8407
Senior - BHPian

Suicide Squad (2021)

Streaming on Amazon Prime

Watched it coz of its earlier version but this one isn't even close to it. Lot of gory violence which is the trade mark of the film. Don't understand what was John Cena and Idris Elba were doing in this film. The plot was crappier than an Hindi film and about a fight with an alien. Watched it only for my favorite character Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie).

Rating: 1/5
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 10:50   #8408

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Ever since the trailer of Don’t look up dropped three months ago I was waiting for this movie. Starring Leonardo, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence and Jonah Hill (limited role) the movie started very promisingly and then it got off a bit in between but overall a good movie with a bit of political satire. Enjoyed the movie as it was funny and terrifying at the same time. I will rate it 3.5/5.
Agree with your take and the rating. This one is different. Hard to categorize in a single genre. Armageddon, comedy, parody, satire, allegory? All of them? At times over the top, especially in the Oval office. But I am a huge fan of JLaw ever since the Hunger Games, and will watch absolutely anything of hers. Even 'Mother!'. She looks beautiful even with the ridiculous bangs and nose rings. There is a short bit of movie after several minutes of credits.
Old 27th December 2021, 11:56   #8409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaji View Post
Agree with your take and the rating. This one is different. Hard to categorize in a single genre. Armageddon, comedy, parody, satire, allegory? All of them? At times over the top, especially in the Oval office. But I am a huge fan of JLaw ever since the Hunger Games, and will watch absolutely anything of hers. Even 'Mother!'. She looks beautiful even with the ridiculous bangs and nose rings. There is a short bit of movie after several minutes of credits.
I liked this. A good popcorn flick.
Meryl Streep and Jonah Hill, the characters, though, were intolerable in the extreme.

Also saw Jungle cruise
Have not heard/read good reviews about this, but it's absolutely fantastic! If you liked the mummy and those sorta movies, this is right there.
4+1 star.
The 1 star is for Emily Blunt.

Last edited by mayankk : 27th December 2021 at 11:58.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 12:12   #8410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
The movie for some reason seemed very prophetic to me. It really didn't feel all that bit exaggerated which is saying something about the times we live in.

Loved the credits scenes as well

3.5/5 for me as well. Did feel a bit long.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 19:34   #8411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
The movie for some reason seemed very prophetic to me. It really didn't feel all that bit exaggerated which is saying something about the times we live in.

Loved the credits scenes as well

3.5/5 for me as well. Did feel a bit long.
Replace the look-uppers/anti-look-uppers with something like vaxxer/anti-vaxxers or flat-earthers and you will realize why it seems so relevant in these times. It is actually a very real commentary of the world today. The truth of today seems to be decided by the ones who shout the loudest. I somehow felt this was like "Jaane bhi do yaaron" of modern times.

4/5 for me.
pnredkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 23:49   #8412
Distinguished - BHPian

Vengeance equals justice for both the Bat and the Cat.

New Trailer

Old 3rd January 2022, 17:03   #8413
Distinguished - BHPian

The Matrix Resurrections: 2.5 / 5

Damn - this was a bummer. Seems like both Keanu & Carrie Moss were slowed down due to their age that impacted everything - dialogues, action scenes, even their thought processes and pauses at important scenes. It felt as if I was watching the movie on 0.5x speed. Keanu looked tired, everyone looked tired. Many roles seem force-fit just to showcase a new aspect to the underlying logic - Priyanka Chopra, Niel Patrick Harris, the bunch of co-workers of Keanu and others.

Honestly the only person worth watching was the relatively unknown Jessica Henwick (aka Bugs). So refreshing she was, I felt she should have been the movie lead.

Give it a miss unless you are a die-hard fan of the original series (like me) and just want to close loose ends. What a bummer.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 10:09   #8414
Senior - BHPian

The Harder They Fall:

A western with a difference. The movie was visually stunning with colours well utilized for the scenes. There is a scene in which they show an all white town and everything in the town is just white whereas the town in which the main action takes place is dressed up in a myriad of colours.

The movie could have been trimmed a bit as at almost 2hrs it did feel a bit long. And while i did like the music it just started to get a bit too much.

And idris elba really brings the menace to the role.

3/5.

Old Henry:

Now that was a gritty western. Simplicity at its meanest and boy does it work.
4/5 for me.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 22:07   #8415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Also saw Jungle cruise
Have not heard/read good reviews about this, but it's absolutely fantastic! If you liked the mummy and those sorta movies, this is right there.
4+1 star.
The 1 star is for Emily Blunt.
+1. Putting in good word for this movie.
My mom loved it! Of late I look for movies with no cussing / f word bombs (a rarity) and bloody violence and this one fits the bill perfectly.
A movie that you can watch any time with anyone. Some silly one liners by The Rock which made me chuckle too. All in all an excellent inoffensive, fun adventure movie.
4/5 * from me too.
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks